Frascati Wine Tasting Tour & Lunch from Rome Highlights
1Indulge your inner foodie with cured meats, local oils, and fresh bread
2Taste your way through Frascati with a sommelier guide
3Tour a vineyard and walk through the rustic rows of
4Savor a hand-picked lunch alongside regional wines
Why we chose this tourOur Frascati Wine Tasting Tour & Lunch from Rome takes you into a historic hill village to discover ancient wine production techniques and explore the tastes of the region alongside a sommelier. Enjoy treats at trattorias, savor lush olive oil and crusty fresh bread, and wend your way through twisted vineyards at a family-own winery. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Frascati Wine Tasting Tour & Lunch from Rome Itinerary
9:15- Start from Rome
- Take the 9:49 am train from the Roma Termini Station to Frascati, purchasing your ticket there and your return ticket.
- Your guide will be on the platform at Frascati Train Station as your train arrives from Rome.
Guided Frascati Wine Tasting Tour & Lunch
- After meeting your guide, who is also a sommelier, at the Frascati Train Station, begin your walking tour of the scattered shops and bustling botteghe that line the streets.
- Discover the history of this historic hill town as you make your way around, tasting delicacies like porchetta, biscotti pulled straight from a wood-fired oven, and table wine from Frascati's oldest tavern and bakery.
- Like many other shops here, they make their wine using centuries-old traditions that make these wines completely unique.
- Drive to the Old Frascati Vineyard, a premier winery that has been around for ages and is still family-owned after a whopping seven generations.
- Ramble through twisting old vines, explore these historic grounds, and take a guided tour through the underground laboratories that now store wine and used to hide persecuted families in WWII.
- Let your sommelier guide you through a tasting of the winery's best products, including the famous Frascati Superiore DOCG white, Vagnolo IGP red, and Frascati DOC white.
- Once you've tasted these world-renowned wines, enjoy some of their EVOO paired with freshly baked bread before continuing to a trattoria for a homemade lunch.
- The spread will include regional cured meats and cheeses, locally produced oils, fresh bread, homemade pasta, even more wine, and an espresso to wake you back up.
- After lunch, take yourself to the train station for your return trip to Rome.
15:30 - Drop off at Frascati Train Station
- You will be dropped off at the Frascati Train Station to return to the Roma Termini Train Station.
NB - all timings on Frascati Wine Tasting Tour & Lunch from Rome are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Frascati Wine Tasting Tour & Lunch from Rome, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Vineyard tour and wine tastings
Free time in Frascati
Round Trip train tickets to/from Rome(must be purchased in Rome)
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Direct trains back to Rome from Frascati run every 60 minutes until 21:36 pm on weekdays and Saturdays. On Sundays, they run every 2 hours until 20:36 pm. It is important that you buy a return ticket at Roma Termini station because Frascati Station can be quite deserted at times without staff. The machines do not always work and you could be stranded.