Flavors of Vietnam – 12 Day Gastronomical Private Package Tour Highlights
01Ride in a traditional basket boat and cruise along Ha Long Bay
02Take cooking classes from famous local chefs across Vietnam
03Drive along Hai Van Pass, the country's most beautiful driving route
04Fish with local fisherman and learn traditional techniques
Why we chose this tourOur Flavors of Vietnam - 12 Day Gastronomical Package Tour is a comprehensive experience that takes you to every corner of Vietnam's hot spots, guiding you through markets, giving you exclusive access to renowned chefs, and showcasing the lush Vietnamese countryside. Perfect for foodies looking to explore on their own while accessing private experiences curated by a local team driven by customer experience, you'll leave with a completely new understanding of this charming country and its cuisine. This tour is available every day with seasonal variations and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy CancelationSmall Group Size
Flavors of Vietnam – 12 Day Gastronomical Private Package Tour Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Hanoi
- Once you've arrived in Vietnam, you'll be met by a private driver and taken to your hotel for check-in and to drop off your things.
- Recover from your jet lag with some rest or by exploring the city streets, enjoying the architectural marvels and historic charm of Hanoi.
- Rest up for the adventure to come, ready to jump right into the action on day two of your tour!
- Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 2 - Cooking Class with a Master Chef in Hanoi
- The first full day of your tour starts with a traditional breakfast at the hotel before leaving to learn about Vietnam's culinary history.
- You'll be taking a cooking class from a master Chef named Mai, who has spent the past 15 years of her life working in 5-star hotels and their kitchens!
- Begin with an 8:30 pickup from your hotel and take a leisurely stroll to the local market, enjoying the hustle and bustle around the many stalls.
- While Chef Mai chooses the best of the local offerings, you'll learn how to choose the best raw materials to create culinary masterpieces.
- See how local vendors create the best dishes and head to Mai's home to try your hand at making then yourself.
- Watch in wonder as she transforms vegetables and spices into a fanciful feast, providing you with invaluable tips and techniques for how to build your own Vietnamese meals at home.
- Finish with the lunch you've created, leaving the afternoon free for you to explore the city or catch up on some rest.
- Overnight in Hanoi(Breakfast and lunch included).
Day 3 - Ha Long Bay Cruise
- Dive into Vietnam's stunning natural splendor, taking a scenic drive through the winding countryside on your way to the sparkling waters of Halong Bay for a day long cruise.
- Check out from your hotel and take private transport across the Red River Delta and endless emerald rice paddies, making your way to the bay itself.
- Hop onto your ship, winding your way around the coastline as you uncover the hidden beauty of the limestone rocks and karst grottoes that dot the shoreline.
- Once you've explored the caves, savor a fresh seafood lunch on the deck of the boat before heading to a special surprise cave to kayak and swim, getting a closer look at the floating villages and shops.
- After your afternoon of adventure, enjoy an early dinner on the boat and take some time to explore the area independently.
- Optional activities will also be available.
- Overnight on the cruise ship(Breakfast, lunch & dinner included).
Day 4 - Thai Chi Class and Transfer to Hanoi
- Wake with the sun for a soothing Tai Chi lesson or enjoy a hearty breakfast as you watch the sun make its way above the horizon, covering the sparkling waters of the bay with a glowing veil.
- As the boat continues on its way to the port, you'll stoop at the iconic Limestone Cave to admire the ancient stalactites and stalagmites that line the floor and ceiling.
- You'll float along the waters, reaching the main harbor and then Hanoi proper by early evening, leaving the night free to explore anything you may have missed the first time.
- Overnight in Hanoi(Breakfast and lunch included).
Day 5 - Flight to Hue
- Make sure to enjoy a full breakfast before your day of travel, meeting our private driver for an airport transfer.
- You'll fly to Hue, take a drive to your hotel, check-in, and then take the evening to explore this enchanting city on your own.
- Overnight in Hue(Breakfast included).
Day 6 - Cooking Class with the Gastronomy Artisan Ms. Nhu Huy in Hue
- Be sure to save your appetite at breakfast for your exquisite cooking class later on, leaving the hotel for a local market tour with Ms. Nhu Huy.
- Huy is not only famous in Vietnam, garnering the prize for Most Talented Vietnamese Woman, as well as a respected author, head of university cooking departments, a television presenter, but also revered throughout Europe for her kitchen skills.
- Tour the market, savoring the tantalizing sights, smells, and flavors of the local produce and spices, learning traditional favorites and unique treats.
- Continue to Huy's private residence for a hands-on cooking class, focused on traditional Hue cuisine.
- As she shares stories of her life and experience, learn the best way to put together a feast fit for a king with her expert guidance, and enjoy the treats you've crafted at the end of the experience.
- Then the evening is yours to see the city!
- Overnight in Hue(Breakfast and lunch included).
Day 7 - Transfer to Hoi An
- After your breakfast today, you'll be transported by a private driver to Hoi An, a former port city filled with charming canals and a richly fascinating history.
- The 3 hour drive is a scenic one, showing off all the best that Vietnam has to offer, from vibrant villages to stunning natural splendor.
- Once you've arrived, take the rest of the day to lounge on the beach or wander the streets of the historic town on your own.
- Overnight in Hoi An(Breakfast included).
Day 8 - Cycling Tour & Eco Boat Tour with Local Farmers
- Begin the day early with a cycling trip to the countryside, meandering by winding rivers and rolling hills.
- Take some time to meet the locals, taking a deeper look at their everyday life and the farms they care for.
- Board a boat for your Hoi An Eco-Tour, where you'll cruise down the river to the spots where local fisherman spend their days.
- Try your own hand at traditional net fishing with the guidance of the fisherman, and see if you can master this skill!
- Marvel at the stunning scenery that passes you by, switching to a sampan, a traditional bamboo basket boat.
- You'll float the waterways through this coconut palm paradise, learning about the unique ecology and sustainable farming practices along the way.
- Finish with a traditional lunch, and then head back to Hoi An for a free evening.
- Overnight in Hoi An(Breakfast and lunch included).
Day 9 - Market Tour & Cooking class with Chef Duc Tran in Hoi An
- Energize with a luscious breakfast before heading out for another cooking class with a Vietnamese culinary icon, Chef Duc Tran.
- A restauranteur, local legend, and all-around incredible professional, Duc Tran is famed for his innovative style and fusion cuisine that highlights the best of traditional Vietnamese food by blending it with international dishes.
- You'll begin with a tour of Hoi An's local market, meeting with the chef's favorite suppliers and learning about how to find the best and freshest ingredients that he uses at his local hotspots of Mai Fish, Mango Mango, and The Mango Room.
- A head chef across the city and a charismatic character, let Chef Duc transport you to new world as you watch him whirl through the kitchen, creating visually stunning and mouth-watering dishes.
- After learning from this expert, enjoy the fruits of his labor and savor the delicate creations he's presented to you in this private workshop.
- From there, the rest of the day is yours to trawl the city, maybe eating dinner at one of his many incredible establishments.
- Overnight in Hoi An(Breakfast and lunch included).
Day 10 - Flight to Ho Chi Minh City
- After breakfast, enjoy a bit of free time on your own in Hoi An before leaving for the airport and continuing to Ho Chi Minh City.
- Check in and take the day on your won to see what this stunning historical haven has to offer its visitors!
- Overnight in Ho Chi Minh City(Breakfast included).
Day 11 - Ben Thanh Market Tour and Cooking Class
- Take a leisurely breakfast before being picked up by your driver and transported to the Ben Thanh Market for a tour with a mystery chef.
- Purchase a selection of the finest local ingredients with the help of your chef, marveling at the dazzling array of fresh produce and myriad spices.
- Continue by taxi to your private cooking class, where you'll learn the secrets to create your own 4 course masterpiece.
- The chef will be hands-on assisting you every step of the way with your creations, ensuring that you'll be able to replicate these recipes at home.
- Once you've finished, enjoy the meal you've made yourself, and then take some time to independently see the city!
- Overnight in Ho Chi Minh City(Breakfast and lunch included).
Day 12 -Departure from Ho Chi Minh City
- Check out and cherish one last breakfast before heading out for a final look at Ho Chi Minh City before being transferred to the airport.
- We wish you a happy journey, wherever it takes you!
- Breakfast included.
NB - all timings on Flavors of Vietnam – 12 Day Gastronomical Private Package Tour are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Flavors of Vietnam – 12 Day Gastronomical Private Package Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Fully guided tour
Domestic flight from Hanoi to Hue and Hoi An to Ho Chi Minh City include up to 20 kg of checked luggage per person
Accommodation shared in Double/ Twin/ Triple room with daily breakfast (including 5% service fee and 10% VAT tax)
Meals: 11 breakfasts , 7 lunches and 1 dinner as per itinerary
Vietnam visa letter approval
Water in the car
Visa stamping fee on arrival at the airport (Vietnam: $25/person)
Meals not mentioned & drinks
Surcharge for airport cabs from 12:00 am – 05:00 am
Other services not mentioned
Personal travel insurance
Please note that all travelers to Vietnam must have a valid Visa and medical travel insurance before they arrive to Vietnam
5* Hotels: Hanoi: Hotel de l'Opera Hanoi Mgallery or similar, Halong Bay: Era Cruise or similar, Hue: Pilgrimage Village Boutique Resort and Spa or similar, Hoi An: La Siesta Resort and Spa or similar, Ho Chi Minh: The Myst Dong Khoi or similar
Check-in room at 14:00 // Check-out room at 12:00 noon (Except Early check-in or Late check-out mentioned in the program)
NB: all hotels can be substituted with equivalent properties according to availability.
Related Tours and Experiences
Best of Ho Chi Minh City & Mekong Delta 5 Day Tour PackageVietnam | 5 days package From $289 Per Person
Best of Hanoi and Nin Binh 5 Day Tour PackageVietnam | 5 days package From $249 Per Person
Ba Vi Village Eco Private Tour from HanoiVietnam | 10 hours tour From $59 Per Person
Hanoi Street Food TourVietnam | 3 hours tour From $49 Per Person
Hoi An Lantern Making Experience, Bicycle & Walking TourVietnam | 4 hours tour From $49 Per Person
Insider Hoi An Private City TourVietnam | 5 hours tour From $49 Per Person
Ho Chi Minh City Private Street Food Tour by MotorbikeVietnam | 4 hours tour From $69 Per Person
Exquisite Vietnam 13 Day Private Package TourVietnam | 13 days package From $2,699 Per Person
15 Day Vietnam Wellbeing & Yoga Private Package TourVietnam | 15 days tour From $5,395 Per Person
Marvelous Vietnam 12 Day Private Package TourVietnam | 12 days package From $2,005 Per Person