Flavors of Cantabria Gastronomic Tour from Santander & Torrelavega Highlights
01Taste anchovies and sobaos on this small group tour
02Discover the picturesque Port and Bay of Santoña
03Savor Cantabrian wines and learn about their origins
04Admire the breathtaking outlooks of the Pasiego Valleys
Why we chose this tourOur Flavors of Cantabria Gastronomic Tour from Santander & Torrelavega immerses you in the complex culinary culture of Cantabria, showing you everything from verdant vineyards and anchovy factories to local restaurants and a factory producing some of the area's best desserts. Dive into the history, natural splendor, and cultural heritage of this unique region on an intimate small group tour led by an experienced local guide. This tour is available every Wednesday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy CancelationSmall Group Size
Flavors of Cantabria Gastronomic Tour from Santander & Torrelavega Itinerary
8:30 - 9:00 - Pickup from Santander & Torrelavega
- You will be picked up from centralized pick up locations. Please be there 5 minutes before departure.
Guided Gastronomy Tour of Cantabria
- Leave with your guide for Santoña, a large fishing village in beautiful Cantabria and the heart of the region's bustling anchovy industry.
- Make your way to Conservas Emilia, one of the largest and most important factories in the area, and dive into the surprisingly complex process of fishing, preserving, and canning anchovies.
- Next, promenade along the port and seaside walks of this storied city before taking a driving tour of the city and its scenic bay views while hearing tales about its past.
- Learn more about the edible products that the region is famous for when you visit Bodegas Vidular, a family-owned vineyard that produces one of the area's best white wines.
- Tour the expansive vineyards and cellars, ending with a wine tasting accompanied by complementary tapas to whet your appetite.
- Drive through the sweeping Pasiego Valleys, lush with creeping greenery and rugged rocks, and then enjoy lunch at a hidden local gem that only serves freshly prepared and homemade food.
- Continue to Mirador de la Braguía after lunch to marvel at the mountains of the Cantabrian range, soaking in the panoramic views and bucolic peace.
- Return to Selaya to visit area's largest Sobaos and Quesadas workshop, delicious sweets made only in this region and an indulgent delicacy.
- Take a guided tour of the Sobaos and Quesadas museum and end your day with a tasting of the delicious home-made products of the Joselin factory before returning to Santander and Torrelavega.
17:30-18:00 - Drop off at Santander & Torrelavega
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Flavors of Cantabria Gastronomic Tour from Santander & Torrelavega are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Flavors of Cantabria Gastronomic Tour from Santander & Torrelavega, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Santander & Torrelavega by minivan
Guided visit Conservera, Conservas Emilia with a tasting of anchovies
Guided visit Bodega Vidular with wine tasting and pica pica
Guided visit of Sobaos Joselín and its sobao museum including tasting of their products
Meals & drinks not mentioned
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & comfortable clothes
Sunglasses & sunscreen
The minimum age required is 5 years old
The number of participants is limited to 8
Related Tours and Experiences
Glorieta Waterfall Trekking Tour from SalouSpain | 5 hours tour From $49 Per Person
Quad Bike Experience from SalouSpain | 2 hours tour From $135 Per Person
Ebro River Kayak Experience from SalouSpain | 6 hours tour From $55 Per Person
Canyoning Experience from SalouSpain | 6 hours tour From $59 Per Person
Madrid Wine & Tapas ExperienceSpain | 3 hours tour From $90 Per Person
Spanish Cooking Class in MadridSpain | 3 hours tour From $85 Per Person
Ribera del Duero Wine Tour from MadridSpain | 11 hours tour From $199 Per Person
Tagus River Valley Winery Tour from MadridSpain | 6 hours tour From $145 Per Person
Granada, Cordoba, Torcal De Antequera & Darro River 7 Day Tour PackageSpain | 7 days package From $895 Per Person
Valencia 6 Day Tour PackageSpain | 6 days package From $625 Per Person