Exclusive Insider Pompeii Archaeology Tour Highlights
1Explore the expansive ruins and excavations of Pompeii
2Take an intimate tour limited to only 8 participants
3Listen to stories from your expert archaeologist guides
4Skip the lines to make sure you see every hidden sight
Why we chose this tourOur Exclusive Insider Pompeii Archaeology Tour, capped at 8 travelers, is an intimate way to experience the park with the help of enthusiastic young archaeologists that can weave tales of the past as you wander these well-preserved streets. See all the highlights of this iconic site and the latest excavations, stepping into everyday life of the ancient Pompeiians. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Exclusive Insider Pompeii Archaeology Tour Itinerary
10:00 - Pickup from Pompeii
- Meet your local guide at the entrance of Pompeii Archaeological Park. Please be there 10 minutes before departure.
Guided Tour of Pompeii
- Begin by meeting your team of expert guides, all archaeologists studying on various excavations, at the entrance to the park.
- Step back into the past of iconic Pompeii, frozen in time by the lava flow from nearby Mount Vesuvius in 79 CE and preserved by layers of ash and pumice for centuries.
- Rediscovered in 1748, it gives a complete look at everyday life in these times, from how ancient Pompeiians grabbed lunch at takeaway counters to how the city was fully mapped out.
- Today it is a public site open for visitors as well as housing ongoing excavations of its expansive streets.
- Listen as your guide weaves tales from the past, taking you to the newest discoveries and pointing out the most fascinating highlights.
- You'll visit the Ponta Marina Superiore, one of the 7 city gates and the most impressive, which opens onto a road that led to the sea.
- Wander through the Antiquarium, a building raised in 1873 underneath the Temple of Venus, a museum that houses a collection of the most important artefacts found throughout the site.
- Admire everything from well-preserved fresco sections to the Moregine Silver, a full Roman dining set that was unearthed in a private home.
- See one of the oldest Basilicas from the modern day, a sumptuously decorated building dating from about 120 BCE, and walk through the Mercato, the open air market that was the center of the city's commercial dealings.
- Marvel at the ingenuity of the Thermal Baths: there were 5 in the city, each of which could fit about 1,000 visitors at once, and that included a number of rooms with offerings from frigid waters to steam rooms.
- If the group's participants are old enough, you'll also make a stop at the Lupanare, the most famous brothel in the city and famed for its drawings and paintings that decorate the walls.
- You'll stroll your way through the city along the Decumano Road, the city's main roads that ran East to West throughout Pompeii.
- At the end of the tour, you're welcome to ask your guide for recommendations on what else to see or simply soak up the atmosphere.
12:30 - Drop off at Pompeii
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Exclusive Insider Pompeii Archaeology Tour are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Exclusive Insider Pompeii Archaeology Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Fully guided tour with a local team of archaeologist guides
Skip the line
Entrance fees: 16 euro per adult, free for under 18 years old
Lunch & drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & comfortable clothes
Sunglasses & sunscreen
The minimum age required is 8 years old