Évora Wine Tasting Tour from Lisbon Highlights
1See the Cathedral in Évora, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the biggest medieval church in all of Portugal
2Marvel at the macabre Capela dos Ossos, the Chapel of Bones, which is completely decorated with human remains
3Admire the Évora Roman Temple, the well-preserved remnants of an ancient holy site complete with towering Corinthian Columns
4Stroll through the vineyards and cellar of Monte de Ravasqueira, a family-run vineyard, before slowing down for a comprehensive wine tasting
Why we chose this tourOur Évora Wine Tasting Tour from Lisbon takes you through the pastoral lanes surrounding the capital of the province of Alentejo, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and deep into the history of this storied region. Our local guide will help you discover all the best-kept secrets of this fascinating region, and you'll leave feeling intoxicated with knowledge and the complex wines you'll be sampling at a family-run vineyard. This tour is available every Tuesday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Évora Wine Tasting Tour from Lisbon Itinerary
9:00 Departure from Lisbon
- Meet your guide at a centralized location in Lisbon.
Guided tour of Evora and Wine Tasting
- This thrilling day begins with a walk through the chalky Old Town of Évora, admiring the splashes of gold and cerulean that add vibrancy to the streets, before stopping at the towns most famous landmark: the Roman Temple.
- This temple is one of the largest and most well-preserved on the Iberian Peninsula, with soaring Corinthian columns, and is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- The next stop is the Évora Cathedral, a key Gothic monument, and the Capela de Ossos, a chapel in Saint Francis Church that is decorated with human bones on every chilling wall.
- You'll also stop at the University of Évora, a former Jesuit college built by Cardinal-King Henrique in 1559, making it one of the oldest universities in the world still operating today, and take a quick stroll through the vibrant market nearby before heading off to your wine tasting!
- Monte da Ravasqueira is a family owned vineyard and agrotourism center that offers top-shelf wines to guests, and fascinating tours of the 7,500 acre grounds that also house cork groves, a herd of 500 cattle, an apiary, and olive groves.
- Your tasting will take you through the history of the property, and delight you with the rich palette and sensual flavors of the wines that are so lovingly grown, harvested, and aged, giving you the perfect way to end your day.
Drop off in Lisbon
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Évora Wine Tasting Tour from Lisbon are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Évora Wine Tasting Tour from Lisbon, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from Lisbon
Fully guided tour
Lunch and drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
The tour is also available in Portuguese, French, and Spanish
Lunch can be added to the tour
The tour is unfortunately not wheelchair accessible, please contact us for private options