1Snap some shots at the Canal of Corinth- a crucial military spot
2Discover ancient Mycenae - commonly known as the Kingdom of Agamemnon
3Explore the stunning amphitheater of Epidaurus
4Stop at the picturesque sea port of Nauplia, the first Greek capital
5Enjoy the marvelous views over the islet of Bourtzi, and the Venetian fortress in Nauplia
Why we chose this tourOur Epidaurus & Mycenae Tour from Athens allows you to follow in the footsteps of fascinating ancient Greeks on this journey to ancient times. Jump into the engaging history of Mycenae, Nauplia, and Epidaurus, and find out exactly why they were so important in days gone by. Learn more about the cultural, military, and mythological history that this incredible country has to offer, but be sure not to miss the natural beauty that will shift and surround you throughout the day.
Our Epidaurus & Mycenae Tour from Athens is available every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. You’ll begin your day winding along the coastal highway with a short stop at the Corinth canal, a critical key to military strategy in the past. Your next destination is Argolis, a UNESCO recognized region filled with an indescribably stark and resonant beauty. Skip the lines and explore mythical Agamemnon’s kingdom with no fuss. Mycenae will lure you in to admire the Cyclopean walls, the Treasury of Atreus, the Royal Tombs, and the Lion’s gate. Take a break from the history, and refuel with an optional lunch at a traditional taverna nearby.
Cleanse your metaphorical palate with dazzling views of the Port of Nauplia, including the Venetian fortress of Palamidi and their fortified Bourtzi. You’ll continue on to the verdant hills to discover Epidaurus, home to a UNESCO listed theater, and alleged to the birthplace of Asklepios, the son of Apollo and patron of doctors, whose staff decorates many a medical degree today. The theater is one of the most well-preserved classical buildings in the entirety of the country, and is still used for present day productions because of it’s unparalleled acoustics. Make your way back to Athens in time to spend your evening reflecting on your amazing experience.
This tour has guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Itinerary - Epidaurus & Mycenae Tour from Athens
7:25-8:25 Pickup from Athens
- We will pick you up from centralized locations in the city.
- Short photo stop at the famous Canal of Corinth.
Guided tour of Mycenae
- Dive into the Greek history and mythology.
- Discover the famous ruins of Mycenae, known as the Kingdom of Agamemnon. You will explore the Cyclopean Walls, the famous Lion’s Gate, the Royal Tombs, and the Treasury of Atreus.
- On Mondays and Saturdays you will have free time for lunch near Mycenae, on Tuesdays and Thursdays in Nauplia
- On Tuesdays and Thursdays you will explore with your guide the picturesque Sea port city of Nauplia, the first Greek capital.
- Have a short stop to see the Venetian Castle and the fortified Islet of Bourtzi.
- On Mondays and Saturdays the tour includes only a short stop in Nauplia and no walking tour (20 min)
Guided tour of Epidaurus
- Your last stop of today will be the ancient site of Epidaurus.
- Epidaurus is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage and claimed to be the birthplace of Asklepios, Apollo's son.
- The most famous site of Epidaurus is the incredible amphitheater, which is still used today for concerts due to the breathtaking acoustics.
18:00 - 18:30 Drop off in Athens
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
If you have any questions about our Epidaurus & Mycenae Tour from Athens, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Book Epidaurus & Mycenae Tour from Athens as a private tour, and customize the itinerary and locations for yourself, your family or a small group.