Ecology & Culture of Munnar 5 Day Private Tour from Kochi Highlights
01Visit the highest point in Munnar for panoramic views of Tea Town
02Take a jeep ride to explore the villages and forests around this biodiverse hotspot
03Walk a ridge at sunrise, keeping your eye out for the endangered Nilgiri Tahr
04Explore a working tea estate and learn about its creation from seed to harvest
Why we chose this tourOur Ecology & Culture of Munnar 5 Day Tour from Kochi shows you a more rural side of India, introducing you to the rolling green fields and orchards of Munnar, famous for its organic farming practices and rich biodiversity. You'll meet farmers, trek through the hills, learn more about sustainable agricultural practices, see how tea is traditionally processed, learn to cook local dishes, and spend a few nights in a pastoral eco camp. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-craft each tour package which we offer
- Each tour and experience is led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Choose the hotels you stay at from our curated selection
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Ecology & Culture of Munnar 5 Day Private Tour from Kochi Itinerary
Day 1 - Village Experience
- Leave your hotel at 8 am for a scenic drive through the verdant, rolling countryside on your way to the gorgeous fields of Munnar.
- You'll arrive at your eco camp just outside of Munnar, staying in quaint cottages surrounded by vineyards, fields, and lush gardens.
- Take some time for lunch and to rest before your afternoon culture tour.
- Accompanied by your guide, stroll through the surrounding villages, passing busy crop fields, orchards filled with ripe fruit, and learn more about rural life in this beautiful area.
- Overnight at Eco Camp.
Day 2 - Tea Experience
- You'll visit the extensive Munnar Tea Museum, a number of estates for growing the leaves, and a factory that prepares them for sale.
- Uncover the evolution of the "Tea Town", learn more about the estate workers, and the various stages of preparation of this delicious beverage.
- A tea tasting can also be arranged for an additional cost, and the Museum offers a number of unique items for purchase.
- Continue to Top Station, the highest point of Munnar that sits at 1,700 meters and offers sweeping panoramic views of the Valley of Theni and Western Ghats below.
- You can also try your luck at Echo Point, seeing how far you can throw your voice before it bounces back to you!
- Overnight at Eco Camp (Breakfast included).
Day 3 - Ridge Walk, Wildlife & Culinary Experience
- Start the day with breakfast and a scenic walk along the top of a ridge that overlooks the entire valley below, keeping an eye out for the endangered Nilgiri Thar as the glowing sun rises before you.
- Trek your way back to the camp, admiring the flora and fauna of this region, and take some time for lunch on your own.
- The afternoon's highlight is a culinary tour, where you'll learn about local ingredients and how to properly prepare traditional high range cuisine.
- Discover cooking tips and tricks on how to prepare elephant and purple yams, colocasias, and tapioca root, all of which are crucial ingredients in local cuisine.
- End the day with a relaxing sunset view at the camp, unwinding from your morning hike and afternoon adventure.
- Overnight in Eco Camp (Breakfast included).
Day 4 - Countryside Experience
- Savor a slow breakfast before taking a thrilling jeep ride through the countryside that surrounds you!
- You'll visit a number of different fields, meeting the farmers and learning what vegetables are in season, how they're grown, and their importance to local culture.
- Pass by towering orchards filled with papaya, pomegranate, mango, and orange trees along the way.
- Stop at a spice plantation, seeing how various peppers, coffee, cinnamon, cardamom, bird's eye chili, and a huge number of fresh herbs.
- Learn about sustainable farming practices used in these organic sites, including composting, crop rotation, seasonal grazing, and mixed cropping.
- Return to the camp for some free time on your last evening in the pastoral countryside of India.
- Overnight in Eco Camp (Breakfast included).
Day 5 - Return to Kochi
- Enjoy your final breakfast before taking the winding drive back to Kochi, where we'll be sad to see you go but wish you happy trails!
- You will reach Kochi at 6 PM.
- Breakfast included.
NB - all timings on Ecology & Culture of Munnar 5 Day Private Tour from Kochi are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Ecology & Culture of Munnar 5 Day Private Tour from Kochi, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from your Hotel in Kochi
Fully guided tour
4 overnights based on a double occupancy in Ecotones Resort
Lunches and Dinners
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
4 overnights at Ecotones Lodge in Munnar or similar
Related Tours and Experiences
Old Delhi Night Food WalkIndia | 5 hour tour From $79 Per Person
Breakfast Trail in Old DelhiIndia | 5 hour tour From $69 Per Person
3 Day Wildlife and Culture Private Tour of Thekkady from KochiIndia | 3 days package From $399 Per Person
Sultans Legacy & Wildlife of Bidar 2 Day Private Tour from HyderabadIndia | 2 days package From $335 Per Person
2 Day Yoga and Spirituality Private Tour in Rishikesh from New DelhiIndia | 2 days package From $375 Per Person
Taj Mahal & Wonders of Agra Tour from New DelhiIndia | 12 hour tour From $190 Per Person
Insider Hyderabad Private City TourIndia | 8 hour tour From $109 Per Person
Cooking Experience in KochiIndia | 4 hour tour From $120 Per Person
Ajanta, Ellora & Lonar Meteor Mystery 6 Day Private Tour from MumbaiIndia | 6 days package From $1,179 Per Person
Ancient Buddhist University of Kanheri Private Tour from MumbaiIndia | 8 hour tour From $129 Per Person