Douro Valley Wine Tasting Tour from Porto Highlights
1Cruise along the sparkling waters of the Douro River that stretches across Spain and Portugal
2Spend a day exploring this demarcated wine region, famous for its unique varietals
3Visit 2 of the region's most famous wineries and learn about traditional production methods
4Taste some of the region's most delectable offerings, paired with a mouthwatering meal to complement the drinks
Why we chose this tourOur Douro Valley Wine Tasting Tour from Porto takes you deep into the heart of the Portuguese countryside, whisking you past gnarled olive groves and plunging valleys that characterize this region. You'll taste the incredible varietals that this region is famous for, learning the secrets of cultivating and creating these wines, and cruise along the crystal waters of the river that snakes through the valleys. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Douro Valley Wine Tasting Tour from Porto Itinerary
8:00 - Pickup from Porto
- Pick up will be from centralized hotels in Porto
Guided tour of Douro Valley, Wine Tasting and Panoramic Cruise
- This tour starts with a scenic drive through the stunning landscape of Douro: rolling green hills dotted with almond orchards, twisted olive groves, and abundant vineyards, home to the villages that created Port Wine and made it so well known across the globe.
- Along the way through the Alto Douro Vinhateiro Region, you'll stop to discover hidden views and scenic overlooks in the UNESCO World Heritage site before stopping in Pinhão, a small village that houses an array of important vineyards and wineries.
- You'll do a tasting of some of the region's best wines, paired with exquisite gastronomical treats specially chosen to complement the wines, and then head off for an hour-long cruise along the sparkling sapphire waters of the Douro River, which contrast beautifully with the sun-soaked emerald fields beyond.
- The last stop of the day, luckily for you, includes another wine tasting, but this one takes place at a historic winery surrounded by lush vineyards just beyond, before you head back to Porto through the verdant countryside.
18:00 Drop off in Porto
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Douro Valley Wine Tasting Tour from Porto are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Douro Valley Wine Tasting Tour from Porto, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from Porto
Fully guided tour
2 wine tastings
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
The tour is as well available in Spanish, French, and Portuguese, please let us know if you require a guide in those languages
The tour is unfortunately not wheelchair accessible, please contact us for private options