1Discover the world famous UNESCO World Heritage site - the Oracle from Delphi and the Apollo Temple
2Stop at the famous Athena Pronaia Sanctuary, and seize the chance to snap some unforgettable photos
3Visit the Delphi Museum and the Charioteer of Delphi, getting a better idea of what this ancient site used to be
4Stop in two traditional villages on the slopes of Mt Parnassus - Levadia and Arachova
5Immerse yourself in the mythology and monuments of the area
Why we chose this tourOur Delphi Tour from Athens lets you step back into the past with this exclusive tour of the UNESCO-listed Site of Delphi, long considered the center of the ancient world and now a famous hot-spot for the intellectually savvy. Let our expert guide fill you in on the myths and monuments that dot the drive from Athens to Delphi. After arriving at Delphi, let your guide spin stories about the world that echoes around you, and listen to what its ghost has to tell you. End your day with a visit to a local visit to refresh and refuel before heading back to Athens.
Our Delphi tour from Athens is available every day of the week. Your day begins with a drive studded with interesting sites, from the plain of Beotia, an agricultural center, to the city of Theva, the birthplace of King Oedipus. Stop at the feet of Mount Parnassus for a quick rest stop near Levadia before heading to the Delphi archaeological site. Avoid the lines to wander the resonant ruins, pausing to drink in the monument of the Argive kings, the Athenian treasury, and the Temple of Apollo, where the Oracle used to practice. Your next stop is the Delphi museum, packed with extraordinary exhibits like the Naxian Sphinx and the famous Bronze Charioteer.
After lunch, break out your photography skills at the Athena Pronaia Sanctuary, one of the most photographed locales on the whole mountain. Hop back on the bus to wend your way to the charmingly quaint village of Arachova, built on the foot of the slopes of Mount Parnassus, famous for their hand-woven carpets, rugs, and quilts. End your day back in Athens, reinvigorated and ready to take on the night.
This tour has guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Itinerary - Delphi Tour from Athens
7:25-8:25 Pickup from Athens
- We will pick you up from centralized locations in the city.
- Listen to tales about the area and Delphi from your local guide on the way to one of the most famous archaeological sites in Greece
- On the way to Delphi, you will pass by the city of Theva, the birthplace of King Oedipus.
- Stop for a short break in the small town Levadia.
Guided tour of Delphi
- Discover the world famous, UNESCO recognized, archaeological site of Delphi, located on the slopes of Mount Parnassus. Skip the lines and explore with your guide the monument of Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo with the famous Oracle
Guided tour of Delphi Museum
- Your next stop will be the Delphi Museum
- Discover the impressive collection of Delphi, including the frieze of the Treasury of the Sifnians, the Naxian Sphinx, the Statue of Antinoos the metopes of the Athenian treasury, the famous bronze Charioteer and many more
- After the museum visit you will have some free time for lunch
Stop at the Athena Pronaia Sanctuary
- After lunch you will continue to the Athena Pronaia Sanctuary; the remains are a frequently photographed area. Pass the scenic mountain village of Arachova on the way back to Athens, famous for their hand-woven textiles as well as their wine and cheese. If time permits, you will stop for a short photo stop.
18:00-18:30 Drop off in Athens
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
If you have any questions about our Delphi Tour from Athens, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Book Delphi Tour from Athens as a private tour, and customize the itinerary and locations for yourself, your family or a small group.