Delphi History and Hiking Private Tour from Athens Highlights
01Hike the Ancient Footpath with stunning views of of Delphi, and visit its archaeological site and museum
02Enjoy a delicious Greek picnic surrounding by the stunning nature
03Stroll through the towering fir forests that cover the slopes of Mount Parnasus
04Visit Arachova, famous for its traditional textile handicrafts
Why we chose this tourOur Delphi History and Hiking Tour from Athens takes you into the wilderness just outside of Athens for some delicious food, fresh air, historical sites, and a visit to a picturesque village famous for its cuisine and handmade textiles. Learn more about ancient and modern Greece with the help of local guides and discover the mysterious site of Delphi. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
- Small Group Size
Delphi History and Hiking Private Tour from Athens Itinerary
8:00 - Pickup from Athens
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Athens City Center
10:45 - Guided Hike and Picnic Lunch
- Begin this blast to the past with a rolling 3 hour hike up the ancient footpath, passing through the fertile fir forest on your way to the top.
- Stop along the way for a picnic with delicious local dishes, admiring the beautiful views of the forest and wilderness around you.
14:45 Guided Tour of Delphi
- Continue on to the archaeological site of Delphi, with a professional guide to show you around the ruins and the museum, marveling at "The Navel of the World" where the oracle used to work.
16:15 - Visit of Arachova and free time for dinner
- After your exploration of this endlessly fascinating site, you'll go to nearby Arachova, a mountain village on Parnassos' verdant slopes filled with narrow alleys and stone houses atop freshwater springs.
- This town is famous for its agriculture, including its olive oils and feta, opsimotiri, and formaella cheeses, and it's handmade woolen textiles that you'll get to see up close.
- Enjoy an early dinner and stroll through the town before returning back to Athens.
20.00 - Drop off in Athens
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Delphi History and Hiking Private Tour from Athens are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Delphi History and Hiking Private Tour from Athens, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Hotel pick up and drop off from Athens center
Transportation to and from Athens
Sightseeing with professional guide and entrance fees
Hike with picnic lunch
Meal in Arachova
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
Obligatory light hiking shoes or hiking boots
Hat or beanie, sunglasses, sunblock
Waterproof jacket/membrane (for the rainy days)
Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
The minimum age requires is 18 years
Basic physical condition is required
Related Tours and Experiences
Mykonos Private Shore ExcursionGreece | 5 hour tour From $550 Per Group
Mykonos Small Group TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $105 Per Person
Mykonos Private Jeep TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $499 Per Group
Mykonos Private Guided TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $530 Per Group
Achilleion, Kanoni & Corfu Town Private TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $719 Per Group
Paleokastritsa Monastery, Kanoni & Corfu Town TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $689 Per Group
Santorini Wine Roads Sunset TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $179 Per Person
Craft Beer & Spirits Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4 hour tour From $149 Per Person
Greek Food & Wine Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $199 Per Person
Santorini Insider TourGreece | 5 hour tour From $179 Per Person