Darro River Hike from Granada Highlights
1Discover the gypsy caves at Sacromente and more about their lives in Spain
2Relax in the pastoral Andalusian countryside on this escape for the day
3Trek along the Darro River between towering mountains outside the city
4See the lost building of Granada with the help of your local guide
Why we chose this tourOur Darro River Hike from Granada explore hidden paths and untold stories of this beautiful city, outside the hustle and bustle of the center. You'll get your heart pumping and your mind cleared as you marvel at the natural beauty of this area and explore its rich history. This tour is available every day, with seasonal variations, and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Darro River Hike from Granada Itinerary
Meet in Granada
- Meet your local guide at Plaza Nueva in Granada.
Guided Hiking Tour of the Darro River
- Your day starts at the oldest plaza in the city, the misnamed Plaza Nueva, as you follow a trickle of water out of the city along the historic city streets.
- Head along the Paseo de los Tristes, a traditional funeral promenade, on your way to the gypsy caves of Sacromonte where flamenco dance has its historic roots.
- Leave the city proper and pass along a dirt road lined with winding olive groves and learn more about the fertile land that has made olive oil so important to Spain's culture and economy.
- Pause at the Cortijo Jesus de Valle, a historic Jesuit building and old agricultural center that's now abandoned, before returning back to the city.
- Return to Plaza Nueva after your 15 kilometer trek, and head to a nearby restaurant to enjoy a well-earned rest and refreshment!
Drop off in Granada
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Darro River Hike from Granada are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Darro River Hike from Granada, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Expert guide as you hike from the city
Lunch and drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Difficulty: 3 / 5 (this is a 15km walk along dirt paths)
Hike Duration: 7h