Cultural Private Tour of Bali’s History Highlights
01Experience the splendor of a live performance of Barong dance, one of the island's oldest and most important art forms
02Explore the striking Goa Gajah cave, named for Sungai Petanu, the Elephant River, and rife with buried treasures
03Visit the Gunung Kawi Temple Complex from the 11th century that houses Hindu holy relics and artifacts
04See the holy spring water temple of Tirta Empul where local Hindus go to purify themselves in the serene waters
Why we chose this tourOur Cultural Tour of Bali's History takes you into the past and the wild terrain of the teeming forests of Bali with visits to temples and caves, with stops along the way to experience traditional cultural performances. You'll see incredible views, rolling green valleys, and exquisite ancient carvings on the cliff walls that litter the island. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy Cancelation
Cultural Private Tour of Bali’s History Itinerary
8:00 - Pickup from Ubud, Sanur, Kuta, Legian, Nusa dua, Jimbaram, Uluwatu, Seminyak, Canggu, Denpasar, Gianya
- You will be picked up from your hotel.
Barong Dance, Guided tour of Goa Gajah ( Elephant Cave ), Gunung Kawi Temple and Tirta Empul
- The day starts with a display of Barong dance, one of Bali's most famous dances that blends history and mythology in a stunning narrative that tells of the battle between good and evil that's been danced for centuries.
- The next stop is at Goa Gajah, or the Elephant Cave, that dates back to the 11th century and was originally a dwelling for Hindu priests, decorated with an imposing carved entranceway, holy reflecting pools, and a Shiva Lingam that's hidden away in the darkness, which you'll have a chance to explore for yourself.
- Continue to the Gunung Kawi temple complex that lays on the sacred waters of River Pakrisan in the Tampaksiring region, dating from the 11th century Gianyar Regency that used to be known as the Katyangan Amarawati on the Jalu River according to ancient carvings, and discover the intricate carvings and shrines that decorate the cliff faces that surround this stunning structure at the bottom of a lush river valley.
- End the day at the holy spring water temple of Tirta Empul, also fed by the river Pakrisan, where Indonesian Hindus come to bathe and purify themselves in the fresh waters that flow through the incredible temple grounds.
15:00-17:00 - Drop off in Ubud, Sanur, Kuta, Legian, Nusa dua, Jimbaram, Uluwatu, Seminyak, Canggu, Denpasar, Gianya
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Cultural Private Tour of Bali’s History are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Cultural Private Tour of Bali’s History, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Private fully air-conditioner car
Experienced English speaking driver service
Ticket for the Barong dance and other entrance fees
Lunch and drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Modest clothing, as you are visiting holy sites
Related Tours and Experiences
Mount Bromo Sunrise and Madakaripura Waterfall Private Tour from Surabaya/MalangIndonesia | 15 hours tour From $130 Per Person
Mount Bromo Private Midnight Tour from Surabaya/MalangIndonesia | 12 hours tour From $115 Per Person
Mount Bromo Sunrise & Ijen Blue Fire Private 2 Day V.I.P Tour from Surabaya/MalangIndonesia | 2 days package From $380 Per Person
Wonders of East Java Private 4 Day V.I.P Tour from Surabaya/MalangIndonesia | 4 days package From $559 Per Person
Rangko Village & Mirror Stone Cave Private Tour from Labuan BajoIndonesia | 8 hours tour From $82 Per Person
Flores Cultural Private Tour from Labuan BajoIndonesia | 10 hours tour From $69 Per Person
Bali ATV AdventureIndonesia | 6 hours tour From $55 Per Person
Ubud Village and Monkey Forest Half Day Private TourIndonesia | 5 hours tour From $49 Per Person
Ubud Wild Water Rafting & Kintamani Volcano Private TourIndonesia | 8 hours tour From $75 Per Person
Balinese Local Homestay Experience in Bresela VillageIndonesia | 2 days package From $130 Per Person