Cultural Tour of Bali’s History Highlights
1Experience the splendor of a live performance of Barong dance, one of the island's oldest and most important art forms
2Explore the striking Goa Gajah cave, named for Sungai Petanu, the Elephant River, and rife with buried treasures
3Visit the Gunung Kawi Temple Complex from the 11th century that houses Hindu holy relics and artifacts
4See the holy spring water temple of Tirta Empul where local Hindus go to purify themselves in the serene waters
Why we chose this tourOur Cultural Tour of Bali's History takes you into the past and the wild terrain of the teeming forests of Bali with visits to temples and caves, with stops along the way to experience traditional cultural performances. You'll see incredible views, rolling green valleys, and exquisite ancient carvings on the cliff walls that litter the island. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Cultural Tour of Bali’s History Itinerary
8:00 - Pickup from Ubud, Sanur, Kuta, Legian, Nusa dua, Jimbaram, Uluwatu, Seminyak, Canggu, Denpasar, Gianya
- You will be picked up from your hotel.
Barong Dance, Guided tour of Goa Gajah ( Elephant Cave ), Gunung Kawi Temple and Tirta Empul
- The day starts with a display of Barong dance, one of Bali's most famous dances that blends history and mythology in a stunning narrative that tells of the battle between good and evil that's been danced for centuries.
- The next stop is at Goa Gajah, or the Elephant Cave, that dates back to the 11th century and was originally a dwelling for Hindu priests, decorated with an imposing carved entranceway, holy reflecting pools, and a Shiva Lingam that's hidden away in the darkness, which you'll have a chance to explore for yourself.
- Continue to the Gunung Kawi temple complex that lays on the sacred waters of River Pakrisan in the Tampaksiring region, dating from the 11th century Gianyar Regency that used to be known as the Katyangan Amarawati on the Jalu River according to ancient carvings, and discover the intricate carvings and shrines that decorate the cliff faces that surround this stunning structure at the bottom of a lush river valley.
- End the day at the holy spring water temple of Tirta Empul, also fed by the river Pakrisan, where Indonesian Hindus come to bathe and purify themselves in the fresh waters that flow through the incredible temple grounds.
15:00-17:00 - Drop off in Ubud, Sanur, Kuta, Legian, Nusa dua, Jimbaram, Uluwatu, Seminyak, Canggu, Denpasar, Gianya
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Cultural Tour of Bali’s History are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Cultural Tour of Bali’s History, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Private fully air-conditioner car
Experienced English speaking driver service
Ticket for the Barong dance and other entrance fees
Lunch and drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Modest clothing, as you are visiting holy sites
NB: All times are approximate