Colosseum Arena Floor & Prison of St. Peter Tour in Rome Highlights
01Visit the subterranean prison cells of St Peter's and see the inverted cross
02Walk the floors of the Colosseum's Arena and learn about the gladiators
03Skip the lines with a fast pass to explore with an archaeologist as your guide
04Step through the imposing Gladiator Gate on your way in
Why we chose this tourOur Colosseum Arena Floor & Prison of St. Peter Tour in Rome helps you travel back in time to see Rome as it was centuries ago with an expert guide to uncovering its fascinating history with fast passes to skip the long lines. See underground cells where the Saints Peter and Paul were held as prisoners, walk the very floor where gladiators battled for their lives, and discover a new side of the Eternal City. This tour is available every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, with seasonal variations, and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Colosseum Arena Floor & Prison of St. Peter Tour in Rome Itinerary
15:00 - Mamertine Prison
- The tour starts with a visit to one of the most fascinating yet little-known sites of Ancient Rome - the Mamertine Prison (Please present your ticket at the entrance).
- Explore with the help of a multimedia video guide the prison where the Saints Peter and Paul were captivated by Emperor Nero before their execution. Until today an altar remains to remind visitors about the incarnation of the Saints. You will see as well the remains of the ancient cistern, where St. Peter baptized his fellow captives.
- Please note that the tour starts from October 30- March 31st at 13:45
15:00 Guided Tour of the Colosseum & the Roman Forum
- After a short break, you will meet your expert guide just a few steps away from the Colosseum - it will be a great opportunity to take some pictures!
- You'll walk through the different levels of the Colosseum as your guide tells you the stories and legends that surround this incredible place.
- After that, there will be time to explore the original Arena Floor.
- This is the very floor where gladiators fought brutally for fame and their lives for the entertainment of others, and echoes of its past permeate every stone.
- The last stop of the day will be the Roman Forum.
- Ramble down the stone avenues and twisting streets that will lead you to monumental temples, shrines, and beautiful basilicas that make up the one-of-a-kind Roman Forum.
- Once a meeting place for the governmental heads that ruled Rome and its territories, this square is now surrounded by those ruins and gives a glimpse into the lives of these historic rulers.
17:00 - Drop off at Rome
- The tour ends near the Roman Forum
NB - all timings on Colosseum Arena Floor & Prison of St. Peter Tour in Rome are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Colosseum Arena Floor & Prison of St. Peter Tour in Rome, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Fully guided tour with an expert at the Roman Forum & the Core of the Colosseum
Skip the line Ticket to the Colosseum
Entry tickets and video guide to the Mamertine Prison
Lunch & drinks
Hotel pick up/drop off
Live guide in the Mamertine Prison
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Comfortable clothes & ewlking shoes
Hat, sunglasses & sunscreen
Please note that the tour starts from October 30- March 31st at 13:45
Only small bags or purses are allowed in the Colosseum. No large bags or weapons allowed, and there is no storage room available
There is a cancelation fee of 25 EUR per person for non-refundable entrance fees. You can cancel the tour prior to 72h before departure time with a 5% handling fee & the 25 EUR per person. Any cancelations made within or less than 72h before departure time will be fully charged.
Related Tours and Experiences
Private Cooking Class with a Local in VeniceItaly | 3 hour tour From $159 Per Person
Milan Countryside and Wine Tasting TourItaly | 6 hour tour From $279 Per Person
Polignano a Mare Stand Up Paddle ExperienceItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $40 Per Person
Otranto Coast Boat TourItaly | 4 hour tour From $105 Per Person
Homemade Orecchiette Cooking Class in ConversanoItaly | 3 hour tour From $99 Per Person
Mozzarella Tasting Tour in Martina Franca or ConversanoItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $89 Per Person
Martina Franca Wine Tasting ExperienceItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $40 Per Person
Insider Monopoli City TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $57 Per Person
Polignano A Mare Sea Caves Boat TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $39 Per Person
Insider Ostuni City TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $50 Per Person