Colosseum Arena Floor & Prison of St. Peter Tour in Rome Highlights
1Visit the subterranean prison cells of St Peter's and see the inverted cross
2Walk the floors of the Colosseum's Arena and learn about the gladiators
3Skip the lines with a fast pass to explore with an archaeologist as your guide
4Step through the imposing Gladiator Gate on your way in
Why we chose this tourOur Colosseum Arena Floor & Prison of St. Peter Tour in Rome helps you travel back in time to see Rome as it was centuries ago with an expert archaeologist to uncover its fascinating history with fast passes to skip the long lines. See underground cells that held hundreds of prisoners, walk the very floor where gladiators battled for their lives, and discover a new side of the Eternal City. This tour is available every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, with seasonal variations, and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Colosseum Arena Floor & Prison of St. Peter Tour in Rome Itinerary
10:45 - Pickup from Rome
- You will be picked up from a centralized location in Rome. Please be there 15 minutes before departure time.
Guided Tour of the Colosseum & St. Peter's Prison
- Meet your expert guide, a trained archaeologist, in the center of Rome before you step back into the past with a walk through the city's ancient grandeur.
- Ramble down the stone avenues and twisting streets that will lead you to monumental temples, shrines, and beautiful basilicas that make up the one of a kind Roman Forum.
- Once a meeting place for the governmental heads that ruled Rome and its territories, this square is now surrounded by those ruins and gives a glimpse into the lives of these historic rulers.
- You'll also visit the underground prison cells of St Peter's Basilica and their unique inverted cross as well as the 9th century cells of Carcer Tullianum to learn about the justice system that was used in ancient Rome.
- Move to a different part of history with a visit to the Colosseum, entering through the imposing gladiator gate to reach the original Arena Floor.
- This is the very floor where gladiators fought brutally for fame and their lives for the entertainment of others, and echoes of its past permeate every stone.
- You'll walk through the different levels of the Colosseum as you guide tells you the stories and legends that surround this incredible place before returning to your start point to explore Rome on your own.
12:45 - Drop off at Rome
- The tour ends at the Mamertine Prison, Rome.
NB - all timings on Colosseum Arena Floor & Prison of St. Peter Tour in Rome are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Colosseum Arena Floor & Prison of St. Peter Tour in Rome, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Fully guided tour with an archaeologist expert at the Roman Forum & the Core of the Colosseum
Entrance fees: Roman Forum, Colosseum, Carcer Tullianum, subterranean prison cells of St. Peter
Skip the line Ticket to the Colosseum
Entrance through the Gladiator Gate
Lunch & drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen