Collados del Asón Hike and Canoe Tour from Cantabria Highlights
1Take an exclusive and intimate 8 person tour
2See the fount of the Asón and Gándara rivers
3Visit the Cave of Cullalvera in Collados del Asón Natural Park
4Enjoy a thrilling canoe ride down rapids and past scenic views
Why we chose this tourOut Collados del Asón Hike and Canoe Tour from Cantabria, capped at 8 travelers, is an immersive day exploring the natural wonders of this incredible area, from trekking through caves to flying down raging rivers. Learn about the geology and natural history of charming Cantabria with an expert local guide to show you a new side of Spain. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Collados del Asón Hike and Canoe Tour from Cantabria Itinerary
8:45-9:00 - Pickup from Santander, Torrelavega & Santillana del Mar
- You will be picked up from centralized locations in Santander, Torrelavega & Santillana del Mar. Please be there 10 minutes before departure time.
Tour of Collados del Anson National Park, Cave of Cullalvera & Canoeing Experience
- Start your explorations of the stunning Collados del Asón National Park with a visit to the cave of Cullalvera, a stunning cave with an imposing entrance.
- Enter the cave through an enormous grove of Cantabrian Holm Oak, an endemic species that's protected because of its ecological value, and step into a new world entirely.
- Watch as the shadows and sparkling light play off the water and stones of the cave, producing a natural music that only adds to the wonder of your visit.
- Dive into the history and significance of this cave and others in the area, making a stop at the Covalanas Cave if entrance is available at the time of your tour.
- The Covalanas Cave is only accessible by a hiking trail, and it's a UNESCO World Heritage Site because of the prehistoric paintings that cover its rugged walls.
- Leave the caves behind to take a scenic drive through the wide open spaces of the park itself, admiring the cascading waterfalls, emerald forests, and multitude of livestock that live within its borders.
- Stop at scenic viewpoints along the way for panoramic views of Cantabria before making your way to the Asón River for a thrilling canoe ride.
- You'll flow down the glittering river, seeing a beautiful new turn at every bend in the river, and rush down jumps throughout the journey.
- Learn more about the geography and natural history of this area from your expert guide as you make your way down the river.
- End your day with a rest before you return to your starting point.
19:30-20:00 - Drop off at Santander, Torrelavega & Santillana del Mar
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Collados del Asón Hike and Canoe Tour from Cantabria are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Collados del Asón Hike and Canoe Tour from Cantabria, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Santander, Torrelavega & Santillana del Mar
Tour leader for the entire tour
Entrance fee to visit a local cave
Canoeing route (8km) & Equipment
Lunch & drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & Comfortable clothes
For the canoeing you must wear swimwear & booties or water shoes. Don't forget your towel
Picnic lunch (although there is a restaurant in the area, we recommend taking a picnic to enjoy more nature and make better use of time)
Warm clothes for the visit to the cave is highly recommendable (the temperature inside is 12 ºC)
Rowing gloves, if you have them
The minimum age required is 6 years old
Swimming knowledge is a must for the canoeing route
In case of bad weather conditions, the tour may be cancelled. In that case, we will try to change your travel date, or you will receive a refund