Collados del Asón Hike and Canoe Private Tour from Cantabria Highlights
01Take an exclusive and intimate 8 person tour
02See the fount of the Asón and Gándara rivers
03Visit the Cave of Cullalvera in Collados del Asón Natural Park
04Enjoy a thrilling canoe ride down rapids and past scenic views
Why we chose this tourOut Collados del Asón Hike and Canoe Tour from Cantabria, capped at 8 travelers, is an immersive day exploring the natural wonders of this incredible area, from trekking through caves to flying down raging rivers. Learn about the geology and natural history of charming Cantabria with an expert local guide to show you a new side of Spain. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
- Small Group Size
Collados del Asón Hike and Canoe Private Tour from Cantabria Itinerary
9:15 - Pickup from Santander
- You will be picked up from centralized locations in Santander. Please be there 10 minutes before departure time.
Tour of Collados del Anson National Park, Cave of Cullalvera & Canoeing Experience
- Start your explorations of the stunning Collados del Asón National Park with a visit to the cave of Cullalvera, a stunning cave with an imposing entrance.
- Enter the cave through an enormous grove of Cantabrian Holm Oak, an endemic species that's protected because of its ecological value, and step into a new world entirely.
- Watch as the shadows and sparkling light play off the water and stones of the cave, producing a natural music that only adds to the wonder of your visit.
- Dive into the history and significance of this cave and others in the area, making a stop at the Covalanas Cave if entrance is available at the time of your tour.
- The Covalanas Cave is only accessible by a hiking trail, and it's a UNESCO World Heritage Site because of the prehistoric paintings that cover its rugged walls.
- Leave the caves behind to take a scenic drive through the wide open spaces of the park itself, admiring the cascading waterfalls, emerald forests, and multitude of livestock that live within its borders.
- Stop at scenic viewpoints along the way for panoramic views of Cantabria before making your way to the Asón River for a thrilling canoe ride.
- You'll flow down the glittering river, seeing a beautiful new turn at every bend in the river, and rush down jumps throughout the journey.
- Learn more about the geography and natural history of this area from your expert guide as you make your way down the river.
- End your day with a rest before you return to your starting point.
19:30-20:00 - Drop off at Santander
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Collados del Asón Hike and Canoe Private Tour from Cantabria are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Collados del Asón Hike and Canoe Private Tour from Cantabria, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Santander, Torrelavega & Santillana del Mar
Tour leader for the entire tour
Entrance fee to visit a local cave
Canoeing route (8km) & Equipment
Lunch & drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & Comfortable clothes
For the canoeing you must wear swimwear & booties or water shoes. Don't forget your towel
Picnic lunch (although there is a restaurant in the area, we recommend taking a picnic to enjoy more nature and make better use of time)
Warm clothes for the visit to the cave is highly recommendable (the temperature inside is 12 ºC)
Rowing gloves, if you have them
The minimum age required is 6 years old
Swimming knowledge is a must for the canoeing route
In case of bad weather conditions, the tour may be cancelled. In that case, we will try to change your travel date, or you will receive a refund
Related Tours and Experiences
Gastronomy & Culture Private Tour in MadridSpain | 6 hour tour From $599 Per Group
Madrid Private Market TourSpain | 4 hour tour From $469 Per Group
Prado Museum Private Tour in MadridSpain | 3 hour tour From $289 Per Person
Madrid Off-the-Beaten Path & History Museum Private TourSpain | 4 hour tour From $309 Per Group
Madrid Royal Palace Private TourSpain | 3 hour tour From $289 Per Group
Private Madrid Insider TourSpain | 4 hour tour From $309 Per Group
Madrid Private Night Walking TourSpain | 4 hour tour From $309 Per Group
La Rioja Winery Tour from San SebastianSpain | 8 hour tour From $185 Per Person
French Basque Countryside and Sare Caves Tour from San SebastianSpain | 8 hour tour From $179 Per Person
Gernika, Mundaka, Urdaibai and Bermeo Tour from San SebastianSpain | 9 hour tour From $149 Per Person