Classic Tibet 8 Day Package Tour from Lhasa Highlights
1See the natural splendor of the Himalayas up close with an expert guide on this private experience
2Discover ancient and renowned monasteries throughout Tibet
3Immerse yourself in the culture and history of this complex region
4Marvel at the magnificent peak of Mount Everest and trek its base camp
Why we chose this tourOur Classic Tibet 8 Day Package Tour from Lhasa gives you the chance to disappear into the Himalayas and explore the culture, religion, and beauty of this iconic region. With an expert guide leading you through the winding pathways and scenic byways of this famously stunning area, you'll leave with unforgettable memories and invaluable experiences. This tour is available every day, April through November, and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Classic Tibet 8 Day Package Tour from Lhasa Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival to Lhasa
- Arrive in Lhasa, Tibet's cosmopolitan capital, and meet your driver for a private transfer to your hotel.
- You can spend the day getting used to the high altitude or exploring the city.
- Overnight in Lhasa.
Day 2- Lhasa City Tour: Potala, Jakhang and Barkhor Street
- Your morning will be spent exploring the expansive Potala Palace, a former residence of Dalai Lamas that's split into two sections, the Red Palace and the White Palace, to separate the religious areas from the political halls.
- This stunning architectural monument was first built in the 7th century by King Songsten Gampo, and the current build was made by the 5th Dalai Lama in the 17th century.
- Walk through meditation halls and formal gardens with your guide, admiring the artwork and unique features of this magical place.
- Enjoy lunch in a local restaurant before you make your way to the Jokhang Monastery, seated in the old section of Lhasa.
- This was built at the same time, and by the same kind, as the Potala Palace, and it is considered Tibet's most sacred place.
- It houses a sculpture of the Gautama Buddha, Sakyamuni, and brought over by a Wencheng Princess centuries ago.
- Near the palace is Barkhor Street, a popular route for pilgrims and a buzzing commercial area perfect for purchasing souvenirs.
- You'll be taken back to your hotel for a free evening after this visit.
- Overnight in Lhasa (Breakfast and lunch included).
Day 3 - Lhasa to Gyangtse
- Start with breakfast before driving from Gyangtse along the scenic Gampa La Pass high in the mountains, driving along the fiercely beautiful Nojin Kangsang Snow Range.
- Admire the unique sparkling turquoise lake of Yamdrok, which is Tibet's largest and one of the 4 Holy Lakes.
- You'll also see the summit of glacial Nojin Kangsang and end the drive at the Gyangtse Township.
- Refresh yourself with lunch before you go on a guided tour of the Old Town of Gyangtse and the stunning Kubum Monastery's large grounds.
- Overnight in Gyangtse (Breakfast and lunch included).
Day 4 - Shigatse & Sakya
- Leave Gyangtse behind as you make your way through the green and fertile plains of the Nyang-Chu Valley towards the Padnam Township.
- You'll spend the rest of the day in Shigatse, Tibet's second-largest city and the Tsang province's traditional capital.
- Start with Tashilumpo Monastery, the seat of the Pachen Lama, and a gorgeous sprawling complex that dates from 1447.
- Wander the grounds of the complex with your guide before you drive on to Sakya, a seat monastery for the Sakyapa School of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Finish the tour of this area, and then head back to your hotel to spend the evening resting.
- Overnight in Sakya (Breakfast and lunch included).
Day 5 - Sakya to Shegar
- Begin the day at the majestic Sakya Monastery, an ancient place that's stood for over 900 years and the center of Skyapa Tibetan Buddhism.
- While famous for its place as the leading center for this sect of Buddhism, the monastery also houses a vast library, artifacts, and cultural relics.
- Explore the museum with your guide before taking another scenic drive through the mountains on your way to Mount Everest.
- Spend the night in Shegar, marveling at the enormous peak just beyond the town.
- Overnight at Shegar, Tingri (Breakfast and lunch included).
Day 6 - Shegar to Everest Base
- Leave the stunning Friendship Highway behind as you make your way to one of the world's most famous mountains, the towering peaks of Mount Everest in the Himalayas.
- You'll stop at the famous Rongbuk Monastery, the highest in the world, which's renowned for its unique views of the expansive valley below and Mount Everest above.
- Learn more about Tibetan Buddhism and the history of this monastery that's undergone so many renovations in the past decade.
- Spend the rest of the afternoon wandering the Everest Base Camp and learning more about the expeditions that have left from this iconic spot.
- Overnight in Rongbuk Monastery (Breakfast and lunch included).
Day 7 - Everest Base Camp back to Shigatse
- Today is sure to be an unforgettable day as you explore the base camp of Everest, the world's tallest mountain above sea level and one of the 7 Wonders of the Natural World.
- It's inspired intrepid adventurers for centuries, and you'll have the chance to get up close to this magnificent natural monument with an expert guide.
- If the weather permits, you may even be able to see its faraway peak as you hike the foothills.
- After your excursion, return to Shigatse for your last evening of the tour and more exploration.
- Overnight in Shigatse (Breakfast and lunch included)
Day 8 - Departure from Shigatse
- On your last day of the tour, you'll be transferred by a private driver to Shigatse Airport for your flight to your next destination, whether that's home or some other beautiful location.
- We wish you safe travels, wherever they may take you!
- (Breakfast included.)
NB - all timings on Classic Tibet 8 Day Package Tour from Lhasa are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Classic Tibet 8 Day Package Tour from Lhasa, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Private Transfers to and from Airport (Day 1 & 8)
Private transportation during all days
Fully guided tour with certified English speaking guide
7 overnights in 3* hotels including breakfasts
Lunches (Day 2-6)
Tibet Travel Permit
Chinese visa fees
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Comfortable and warm clothing according on the season
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Lhasa: Thangka hotel or Similar
Gyangtse: Jiangyuan Hotel or similar
Sakya: Yuanfu Hotel or similar
Shegar: Tingri Bebar Hotel
Everest Base: Guesthouse near Rongbuk Monastery
Shigatse: RiKaze Feelloom Hotel or similar
Visa to China is required