Classic Greece 6 Day Private Adventure Package Tour Highlights
1Marvel at the monasteries of Meteora and Prodromos along your journey
2Step into the past at Mycenae, Epidaurus, ancient Olympia, and Delphi
3Kayak through the stunning wilderness of Greece
4Learn the surprising secrets behind Greece's most important classical sites
Why we chose this tourOur Classic Greece 6 Day Adventure Package Tour takes you to mystical misty mountains and picturesque port towns to discover hidden secrets and ancient history. With the help of a local guide, you'll learn about Greece's fascinating past, and escape into the natural splendor that entrances untold numbers of visitors. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Classic Greece 6 Day Private Adventure Package Tour Itinerary
Day 1 - Athens to Nafplio
- Start your days of adventure in Athens with a hotel pickup, making your way to Greece's prettiest city of Nafplio, a major port since the Bronze Age.
- You can choose to begin with a stop at one of the region's most famous wineries for the Agiorgitiko variety, or head straight to the Corinth Canal.
- This waterway that connects the Ionian and Aegean Seas is 6 kilometers long, and has been considered both strategically and historically important since its construction.
- Arrive in Nafplio, the country's first capital after independence, and trek the 1,000 steps to the top of Palamidi Fort for panoramic views of the alleys and waters below you.
- Overnight in Nafplio (Dinner included).
Day 2 - Mycenae, Epidaurus & Nafplio Sea Kayak Tour
- Day 2 starts with a trip to see Mycenae and Epidaurus, key locations for Homer's work and world-famous UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- You'll enter the imposing Mycenean Citadel through the gorgeous Lion's Gate, where you can explore the ruins that have been here since 1350-1200 BCE.
- Admire the Cyclopean Walls, the Tombs of Lions, Aegisthus and Clytemnestra, and the Treasury of Atreus.
- Continue to the 3rd century theater in Epidaurus, one of the most well-preserved classical Greek buildings that is famous for its incredible acoustics.
- The entirety of the site was build for Asklepios, the God of Medicine, and the shrine to him is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that cannot be missed!
- Switch gears by hopping into a kayak for some paddling across the sea in Nafplio, passing the Bourtzi Fort from 1473, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Palmidi on your way.
- Exit the port along the ancient road leading to Nafplio, underneath the Akronauplia Fortress, where you'll marvel at the cliffs crowned with lush vegetation and tumbling stones.
- Overnight in Nafplio (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner included).
Day 3 - Lousios Gorge Trekking Tour
- Wake early to explore another side of Greece off the beaten path, trekking through the rolling mountains of the Peloponnese, passing the traditional villages of Dimitsana, Stemnitsa, and Karytaina.
- Hike through trails that dip under towering pines and skip over the rushing river, making your way to the monasteries that appear to hang from the cliffs themselves.
- Your final stop of the day is the archaeological site of ancient Gortys, a fascinating mix of ruins and rubble, before you enjoy a picnic en plen aire and then finish off with a stunning drive to Olympia to rest for another day filled with discoveries.
- Overnight in Olympia (Breakfast, picnic lunch, and dinner included).
Day 4 - Guided tour of Olympia
- Day 4 is spent exploring one of Greece's most influential, iconic, and interesting sties: that of Olympia.
- Hike through a valley of plane and olive trees to reach these expansive ancient ruins, enjoying the rural beauty and splendor of today before traveling into the past.
- Enter through the great temple columns, and explore the Sanctuary of the Olympian Zeus and the museum to get a deeper understanding of Olympia's draw.
- Continue your journey with a scenic drive towards Patra, crossing a bridge via the Little Dardanelles, passing through the picturesque village of Nafpaktos on your way to the colorful coastal road that leads to Delphi.
- Overnight in Delphi (Breakfast , lunch and dinner included).
Day 5 - Historic & Hiking Tour of Delphi
- Start the day the right way with a beautiful hike up a historic footpath along the slopes of Mount Parnassos, wending your way through the forest as Pan's ancient worshippers did to reach the mystical site of Delphi and the Corycean Grotto.
- Start at the Livadi plateau, making your way down through the valley to the site of the Oracle itself, enjoying panoramic views of the dense olive groves and sparkling waters of the Corinthian Gulf below ringed by imposing mountains.
- Savor a traditional picnic lunch in a barn near the cave of Pan, and then head to the UNESCO World Heritage Site for a fully guided tour of the grounds and a stop in the extensive museum.
- You'll have the chance to marvel at the Treasury of the Athenians, the Temple of Apollo, and gaze on magnificent pieces in the museum like the images of Aghias and the Bronze Charioteer.
- Finish the day with a drive through the sprawling Thessalic Plain to Kalambaka, a charming town at the foot of the mountains and monasteries of Meteora.
- Overnight in Meteora (Breakfast, lunch and dinner included).
Day 6 - Meteora Hiking Tour
- Your final day of adventure will be spent in the mysterious mountains of Meteora, hiking to carved monasteries that perch 300 meters above the ground.
- The mist that pervades this area where the Peneus River emerges from the deep canyons of the Pindos has long been an otherworldly escape for mystics, monks, and ascetics trying to deepen their spirituality.
- You'll follow ancient footpaths to the top, and tour the monasteries of Meteora, Megalo Meteron, and Agios Stefanos.
- Return to Athens with a scenic drive after a delectable lunch, where you'll arrive around 7 in the evening (Breakfast and lunch included).
Optional Add-onsAdd a rappelling experience to make this a truly unforgettable day!
NB - all timings on Classic Greece 6 Day Private Adventure Package Tour are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Classic Greece 6 Day Private Adventure Package Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Fuel and tolls throughout the trip
Accommodation in hotels as listed below sharing a double room
Full Board (Starting with dinner on day 1 and ending with lunch on day 5)
English Speaking guide
Entrance fees to Mycenae-Epidaurus, Olympia, Delphi, 2 monasteries in Meteora
Professional licensed guides in Mycenae-Epidaurus, Olympia and Delphi
One sea kayak activity
One hiking activity in Lousios gorge
One hiking activity in Delphi
One hiking activity in Meteora
Winery Visit (optional - can be booked with the guide)
Drinks during meals
Anything not mentioned in above program
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunscreen & Sunglasses
Swim suit & Towel
3* Hotels: Pension Marianna, Pelops Hotel, Feridades Delphi Hotel, Mpelleiko Guesthouse, Petrino Guesthouse or similar
4* Hotels: Ippolito Hotel, Europa Hotel Ancient Olympia, Trikolonion Country Hotel, Elafivolia Arachova Suites, Doupiani House Hotel or similar
NB: all hotels can be substituted with equivalent properties according to availability.
NB: All times are approximate