Chengdu Hotpot, Tea & Market Food Tour Highlights
01Explore charming Chengdu by foot with an expert guide
02Enjoy tea and snacks at a traditional teahouse and discover hidden courtyards
03Visit a local wet market to learn about essential local ingredients
04Savor a full sit-down hotpot feast with soups, veggies, and meats galore
Why we chose this tourOur Chengdu Hotpot, Tea & Market Food Tour gives you an inside look at this charming neighborhood and traditional cuisine and customs that still dominate the food scene today. You'll stroll through quaint streets, explore hidden eateries, and learn about the history of the area from your expert guide. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Chengdu Hotpot, Tea & Market Food Tour Itinerary
14:00 - Meet your guide in Chengdu
- You will meet your guide at a centralized location in Chengdu
- Meeting Point- Kuangzhaixiangzi Alley Subway Station, Exit B, Street Level at 2:00 pm
Guided tour of Chengdu Hotpot, Tea & Market
- After you've met your local guide, make your way into the atmospheric streets to dive into Chengdu's culinary and cultural offerings, learning more about China and the area itself.
- Immerse yourself in ancient tea culture when you sit at an outdoor tea house, admiring the quaint architecture, and enjoy the traditional snacks that accompany the tea.
- Stroll through the winding streets, stopping at stalls and eateries along the way to taste local favorites like Chengdu-style pastries and marinated fresh vegetables from the nearby market.
- Make your way to the market for yourself, tasting Sichuan peppercorns, exotic fruits, and regional rice wines as you stand side by side with the locals doing their everyday shopping.
- Continue with a hot pot tasting, a famously delicious dish that you can customize with whichever ingredients you'd like from the offerings.
- Choose from 2 different slow-cooked broths, a variety of meats, fresh vegetables, and other ingredients you won't find elsewhere.
- When the tour ends, you can stay in the area to keep exploring or make your way to your hotel to rest after your adventures.
18:00 - Drop off in Chengdu
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Chengdu Hotpot, Tea & Market Food Tour are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Chengdu Hotpot, Tea & Market Food Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Fully guided tour
Unlimited food & beer/drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Two people minimum are required for the tour. If this limit is not met, the tour will be rescheduled.
Related Tours and Experiences
Chengdu & Leshan Giant Buddha 7 Day Package TourChina | 7 days package From $1,085 Per Person
Private Chengdu Cooking ClassChina | 4 hour tour From $69 Per Person
Chengdu Giant Panda Base Private Half Day TourChina | 3 hour tour From $65 Per Person
Terra Cotta Warriors Museum Private Half Day Tour from XianChina | 6 hour tour From $97 Per Person
Chengdu Panda Base & Mount Qingcheng Private TourChina | 8 hour tour From $105 Per Person
Chengdu Culture Private TourChina | 8 hour tour From $59 Per Person
Chengdu Foodie TourChina | 3 hour tour From $80 Per Person
Suzhou Private Tour from ShanghaiChina | 10 hour tour From $159 Per Person
Leshan Giant Buddha and Luocheng Ancient Town Private Tour from Chengdu by TrainChina | 12 hour tour From $171 Per Person
Best of Shanghai Private Day TourChina | 10 hour tour From $138 Per Person