Chengdu Giant Panda Base Private Half Day Tour Highlights
1Enjoy the unique joy of watching baby panda bears with their mothers
2Learn about how the base is furthering the survival of the Giant Pandas
3See black swans glide across glittering waters surrounded by rose bushes
4Get up close and personal with other endangered species, like red pandas
Why we chose this tourOur Chengdu Giant Panda Base Half Day Tour takes you to one of China's most popular tourist sites, the home of their Giant Panda breeding and conservation program at the Chengdu Base, 247 acres of land covered in verdant forests and flowers, and home to a number of species. Discover everything you've ever wanted to know about these gentle giants, their red panda cousins, and how the research center melds science and care to help preserve their habitat and species. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Chengdu Giant Panda Base Private Half Day Tour Itinerary
08:30 - Pickup from Chengdu
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Chengdu.
Guided Tour of Chengdu Giant Panda Base
- Start the day by meeting your guide at your hotel and making your way out of the city and into the rolling countryside on your way to the world-renowned Chengdu Panda Base.
- Over 247 acres of lush and idyllic grounds, the area houses giant pandas, peacocks, red pandas, black swans, and even plants that are in danger of extinction, the center gets over 3.5 million visitors per year.
- Start your day at the adult panda garden, watching these gentle giants crunch bamboo, play with their enrichment toys, and enjoy basking in their forested habitats, or snacking on the bamboo that is 99% of their diet.
- From there, continue on to the nursery, where the newborn pandas spend their time cuddling with their mothers and taking naps, where you'll learn more about how the breeding program works on a day-to-day basis.
- As you continue your journey across the expansive grounds, learn about how conservation plays a part in everything the base does, and see young pandas at play in their bear kindergarten!
- You'll also get to see the red panda exhibition, where these beautiful animals that were named pandas years before their black and white cousins get to frolic in their replica forests.
- You'll end the day walking the boardwalk that lines the swan lake, home to black swans, peacocks, and even more incredible animals, and inhaling the stunning perfume of the hundreds of roses and other flowers that line its glittering waters.
- At the end of the day, you'll be returned to your hotel with a camera filled with stunning photos and a bank of unforgettable memories.
12:30 - Drop off at Chengdu
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Chengdu Giant Panda Base Private Half Day Tour are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Chengdu Giant Panda Base Private Half Day Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from your hotel
Fully guided tour
Lunch & drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen