Chengdu Culture Private Tour Highlights
1Head backstage at the Sichuan Opera for an insider tour
2Explore a local antiques market and then stop for some regional treats
3Take a Tai-Chi class from local masters at a stunning city park
4Sip tea and try your hand at Mahjong in a historic teahouse
Why we chose this tourOur Chengdu Culture Tour helps you explore Sichuan's capital, an important city for both culture and finance since the Bronze Age, with an expert guide there to reveal the hidden side of Chengdu. Play Mahjong with local aficionados at a traditional teahouse, learn some Tai-Chi and dive into the philosophy of Fengshui, meet actors backstage at the Sichuan Opera, and taste local delicacies as you wander the charming streets of Chengdu. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Chengdu Culture Private Tour Itinerary
8:30 - Meet your guide in Chengdu
- Meeting Point - Tonghuimen Metro Station Exit A Line 2.
Chengdu Culture Guided Tour
- The tour starts when you meet your guide and make your way to one of the city's green lungs for a Tai-Chi lesson in the center of the lush People's Park from a martial arts master.
- You'll stop at a Taoist spiritual center after, completing your morning of diving into the religious and spiritual cultural of Chengdu with a lesson on the ancient philosophy of Fengshui.
- Next, make your way through a bustling and vibrant antiques market to see what treasures have been collected in the city during its reign as the capital of the Sichuan province, and a major hub of the area since the Bronze Age.
- Dive into the arts and culture of the area with a backstage visit to the Sichuan Opera's Teahouse, where actors are known to let their hair down and answer questions about their craft.
- If you're lucky, they may even sing as you sip traditional teas and try your hand at Mahjong with some of the local players as you taste local delicacies in this picturesque setting.
- After this, you can head back to your hotel or ask the guide for recommendations on where you should visit next!
16:30 - Drop off in Chengdu
- You'll end at Chengdu People's Park Station.
NB - all timings on Chengdu Culture Private Tour are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Chengdu Culture Private Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Fully guided tour
Taichi class with local Masters
Tea & Majhong in a local teahouse
Hotel pick up and drop off
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen