Chengdu & Leshan Giant Buddha 7 Day Package Tour Highlights
01Take unique daily excursions with experienced regional guides
02Select your favorite hotel from our hand-picked collection of stays
03Tour the expansive grounds of the Chengdu Giant Panda Base
04Hike the storied trails of Mount Qingcheng's temple-lined paths
05Taste some of the best of Szechuan food with an insider tour
06Experience the ancient tea culture of Chengdu with opera actors
Why we chose this tourOur Chengdu & Leshan Giant Buddha 7 Day Package Tour dives into the culture, cinematic scenery, cuisine, and cuddliest citizens of Chengdu with visits to the Sichuan Opera Teahouse, Mount Qingcheng, the Chengdu Giant Panda Base, charming back alleys, and more, all on experiences led by our local specialists for the most authentic and amazing adventure possible. Learn more about Chinese culture and culinary treats, get up close and personal with the wildlife, hike past ancient Tao temples, and leave with memories you'll treasure forever. This tour is available every day with seasonal variations and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy Cancelation
Chengdu & Leshan Giant Buddha 7 Day Package Tour Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Chengdu
- Once you've made your way to Chengdu, take a trip to your hotel and drop off your luggage to explore the city, or rest up for the rest of your trip.
- Overnight in Chengdu.
Day 2 - Chengdu Cultural Tour (Private Tour)
- Meet up with your guide and head to the green lung of Chengdu, the verdant People's Park, and take a Tai-Chi lesson with a martial arts master.
- Dive into the spirituality of the city with a stop at a Taoist spiritual center for a lesson on Fengshui's ancient philosophy, and then head to an antique market.
- A bustling trade center and capital of Sichuan, Chengdu has been collecting treasures since the Bronze Age in its many markets.
- Continue to the Sichuan Opera's Teahouse to meet some of the acclaimed actors, and enjoy some tea and treats along with a game of Mahjong.
- Enjoy the scenic views around you as you dive into the culture of this ancient city and civilization, and head home to rest after a full day of discovery.
- Overnight in Chengdu (Tea and a local snack included).
Day 3 - Chengdu Panda Base & Mount Qingcheng Tour (Private Tour)
- Today you'll be visiting one of the area's most popular sites for visitors: the world-famous Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding and Research Center.
- Dedicated to preservation and breeding, as well as habitat conservation and public education, is the largest and most successful in the entire world, and a unique treat for visitors of all ages.
- You'll see the baby and adult pandas, black swans, red pandas, and lush gardens, including a bamboo forest and a rose garden.
- Continue to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Mount Qingcheng, and hike or take a cable car to the top. passing the temples that line the paths.
- This mountain is the very birthplace of Taoism, and you'll hear ancient legends and stories from your guide as you enjoy cinematic views of the peaks and valleys below you.
- After passing through the majestic gates at the summit of the mountain, make your way back down and return to your hotel.
- Overnight in Chengdu.
Day 4 - Leshan Giant Buddha and Luocheng Ancient Town (Private Tour)
- Hop on a train with your guide and travel to the world's largest Buddha Statue, a towering monument in nearby Leshan.
- Over 233 feet tall and carved out of sandstone cliffs where the Min, Dadu, and Qingyi rivers meet, the statue's fingernails are the same size as a human being!
- Located in the center of the Emej Scenic Area and a UNESCO World Heritage site, the Buddha and the scenery are sure to amaze your every sense.
- Continue to Luocheng's Ancient Town, originally built in 1628 in the shape of local boats, you'll dive into the architecture and history of the city from centuries past.
- Wander quaint cobblestone streets and meet the locals, enjoy lunch at a traditional restaurant nearby, and soak up the pastoral atmosphere.
- At the end of the tour, you'll ride the train back to Chengdu and be taken to your hotel.
- Overnight in Chengdu (Lunch included).
Day 5 - Chengdu Hotpot, Tea & Market Food tour (Guided shared tour)
- Dive into the food culture and fantastic offerings of Chengdu with this culinary tour that shows you the hidden side of China and Chengdu.
- Learn about ancient tea culture with a visit to a quaint outdoor tea house, enjoying the view and some traditional snacks alongside this ubiquitous beverage.
- Walk the winding streets and stop at food stalls along the way to try freshly marinated produce and Chengdu-style pastries.
- Savor regional rice wines, the famous Sichuan peppercorns, and exotic fruits before sitting down for a legendary hot pot tasting.
- Choose from one of two broths, an array of meats and fillings, and unique ingredients you can't find anywhere else to end the tour on a tasty note.
- Overnight in Chengdu (Food tastings and beer/drinks included).
Day 6 - Chengdu Cooking Class (Private Tour)
- Continue your exploration of Sichuan cuisine with a private cooking class and market tour, this time accompanied by a professional chef.
- Learn more about the area's culinary history and singular ingredients with your market tour, picking the freshest produce for the dishes you'll create in the kitchen.
- Head to a private garden restaurant in the center of the city, and get tips and techniques to create dishes like mapo tofu, dumplings, and more.
- Hear the history of these storied dishes, immersing yourself in their delicious flavors and tantalizing smells as you work away.
- At the end of the class, sit down to enjoy the fruits of your labor, and leave with a set of recipes for you to recreate your trip at home!
- Overnight in Chengdu (Lunch included).
Day 7 - Departure
- On the final day of your journey with us, we wish you safe travels wherever you choose to go next!
NB - all timings on Chengdu & Leshan Giant Buddha 7 Day Package Tour are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Chengdu & Leshan Giant Buddha 7 Day Package Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
All touring and accomodation
Meals & beverages as mentioned above
Chengdu Cultural Tour: Entrance fees & Taichi class with local Masters
Bullet train from Chengdu to Leshan and back
Chengdu Panda Base & Mount Qingcheng Tour: Entrance fees
Anything not mentioned above
Personal travel insurance
Each day will be led by a local guide to provide an enhanced experience along Tourist Journey's values.
You can choose your hotel from our hand-picked selection during the booking process.
The order of the days might change because we optimize the itinerary to provide the best experience.
A visa to China is required for the package.
Related Tours and Experiences
Private Chengdu Cooking ClassChina | 4 hours tour From $69 Per Person
Chengdu Giant Panda Base Private Half Day TourChina | 3 hours tour From $65 Per Person
Terra Cotta Warriors Museum Private Half Day Tour from XianChina | 6 hours tour From $97 Per Person
Chengdu Panda Base & Mount Qingcheng Private TourChina | 8 hours tour From $105 Per Person
Chengdu Culture Private TourChina | 8 hours tour From $59 Per Person
Chengdu Foodie Private TourChina | 3 hours tour From $80 Per Person
China Private Impression: 14 Day Private Package Tour from BeijingChina | 14 days package From $6,560 Per Person
Best of Silk Road 10 Day Private Package Tour from BeijingChina | 10 days package From $2,860 Per Person
China Express 7 Day Private Package Tour: Beijing, Xi’an and ShanghaiChina | 7 days package From $3,075 Per Person
Zhangjiajie and Fenghuang 4 Day Private Package Tour from GuangzhouChina | 4 days package From $2,229 Per Person