Celestún Nature Reserve Tour from Mérida Highlights
1Lounge on an untouched stretch of beach south of Mérida
2Plunge into the depths of the green Celestún Nature Reserve
3Admire the most exotic plants and animals of the Yucatan
4Swim in the fresh waters that spring from beneath massive mangroves
Why we chose this tourOur Celestún Nature Reserve Tour from Mérida takes you to visit one of the world's first eco-tourism sites, gliding across the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico and taking you deep into dense mangrove forests to admire the many plants and animals that call this untouched corner of Mexico home. A nesting ground for a number of birds, including flamingoes, and a vibrant area renowned for its beauty, your comprehensive tour with an experienced naturalist guide will leave you marveling at the magic of this flourishing park and its many inhabitants. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Celestún Nature Reserve Tour from Mérida Itinerary
9:00-9:30 - Pickup from Mérida
- You will be picked up from Mérida.
Guided Tour of Celestún Biosphere Reserve
- Escape into the stunning wilds of Mexico and leave Mérida behind when you make your way to the untouched and magical Celestún Nature Reserve, only an hour away from the city.
- Designated as both a Biosphere Reserve and Wildlife Preserve, this area on the Gulf of Mexico also boasts immense forests, estuaries that shelter a number of animals, and perfectly pristine natural beauty.
- This serene paradise is home to some of the Yucatan's most fascinating species and houses sparkling aqua waters, towering mangroves with roots that tangle about the shoreline, and trickling rias where blue crabs and local shrimp build their homes.
- Celestún is home to over 400 species, and you'll have the chance to marvel at the birds that nest here and that make the area a huge attraction for birdwatchers across the globe.
- Famous for the many flamingoes that live and breed here, you'll learn more about their habitat and habits from your expert guide as you watch these pink marvels fly overhead and hunt in the nearby waters.
- If you're up for it, you can hop off the boat and swim in the fresh waters that bubble up from the Ojos de Agua that emerge from the winding roots of the mangroves nearby.
- After your extensive tour through the park itself, make your way to the town nearby to lounge on a serene beach and enjoy a short walk through its streets before returning to your hotel.
18:00 - Drop off at Mérida
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Celestún Nature Reserve Tour from Mérida are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Celestún Nature Reserve Tour from Mérida, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from your hotel
Fully guided tour
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Swimming suite & towel
The minimum age required is 5 years old