Private Catania City and Street Food Tasting Tour Highlights
1Discover the authentic side of street food and life in Catania
2Walk through the alleys of the Pescheria, Catania's oldest fish market that still does a brisk business to this day
3Dive into the ancient history of Sicily's second largest city after Palermo
4Sample the succulent street food of Catania and traditional Granita
Why we chose this tourOur Catania City and Street Food Tasting Tour is an intimate tour that's perfect for foodies and history buffs alike, and led by local experts that love Catania just as much as you will when this experience is over. Taste traditional street food, meet the vendors behind the tasty treats, and discover the intriguing history and hidden spots of this picturesque town. This tour is available every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Private Catania City and Street Food Tasting Tour Itinerary
9:30 - Pickup from Catania
- We will pick you up from your hotel in Catania.
Guided tour of Catania and Street Food Tasting
- Begin your day in the central Piazza Duomo to learn from your guide about the captivating history of this charming city before heading to the city's old fish market, the Pescheria, for a guided tour and tasting of fresh fish while you learn about the fish mongers that have hosted stalls in this market for years.
- The next stop is Villa Pacini and the lush gardens that surround it, where the older citizens of Catania meet daily to play cards, and then you're off to taste homemade arancini, fried balls of rice coated in bread crumbs.
- Discover a hidden spot underground where you can see the Amenano River flowing through a lava tunnel, and then head off to taste spiced anchovies, baked cipollina, and a seasonal sweet treat, like fresh granita or minnuzza cakes and a viewing of the majestic Castello Ursino.
- Along the way, your guide will explain the culinary traditions and history of each morsel, as well as the oddities about each recipe, and the intimate group size ensures that your experience includes interaction with the guide as well as all the vendors you visit.
14:30 - Drop off in Catania
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Private Catania City and Street Food Tasting Tour are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Private Catania City and Street Food Tasting Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Hotel pick up and drop off
Fully guided tour
Street Food Tasting
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring