Caldera Hike & Sunset Tour in Santorini Highlights
1See the sun sink from the top of a hill with cinematic panoramic views
2Trek along a picturesque old mule path that leads to the Caldera's peak
3Discover the Cycladic chapels of Oia, Imerovigli, and Firostefani
4Admire breathtaking views of the volcano below from every angle
Why we chose this tourOur Caldera Hike & Sunset Tour in Santorini gets you away from the glitz and glam of the island's visitors to discover hidden chapels and ancient trails up the caldera's stunning slopes. Finish the day with panoramic views overlooking the rolling landscape below at the magical hour of sunset to wrap up your day of awe-inspiring natural beauty. This tour is available every Monday, Thursday, and Saturday with seasonal variations and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Caldera Hike & Sunset Tour in Santorini Itinerary
15:45 - Pickup from your hotel
- You will be picked up from your hotel. The pick up time depends on the sunset
Guided Caldera Hiking Tour
- The day begins with a hike up the ancient mule paths that lead to the Caldera's peak, passing through dense forests and admiring the singular views that surround you.
- Stop along the way to visit typical Cycladic Chapels, including Firostefani, Imeroviglia, and Oia, where you'll be able to better appreciate their cerulean domes and snowy walls.
- Pause for a snack and to soak in the views of the volcano's slopes and the sparkling water below you as you enjoy homemade local delicacies.
- Once you've reached the top, you'll be able to see the entirety of the caldera and the sweeping landscape below just as the sun sinks below the horizon, bathing everything in a fiery glow.
- Return to the bottom, and back to your hotel to rest after your day of adventures.
21:30 - Drop off at your hotel
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Caldera Hike & Sunset Tour in Santorini are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Caldera Hike & Sunset Tour in Santorini, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from your hotel
Fully guided tour
Meals & drinks not mentioned
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Small backpack with bottled water - Please bring Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles
Hiking shoes or good tennis shoes
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Waterproof jacket/membrane (for the rainy days)
Hat or beenie
Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
The minimum age required is 12 years old
Travelers require a moderate physical fitness level
Duration: Hiking time 4 hours – total time 5 hours
Distance: 11 Km (approx. 7 miles)