Budapest and Lake Balaton 2 Day Tour from Zagreb Highlights
01Enjoy a stop along the glittering shores of Lake Balaton
02Discover Hungary's split charming capital of Budapest
03Visit the city's highlights like the Danube River and the Fisherman Bastion
04Taste traditional Hungarian culinary fare off the beaten path
Why we chose this tourExperience the magic of Hungary's capital city with our Budapest and Lake Balaton 2 Day Tour from Zagreb. You'll journey from Zagreb to Budapest, pausing at the breathtaking shores of Lake Balaton along the way. Once in Budapest, you'll taste your way through pastry shops and charming cafes as you wander the pedestrian-only Vaci Street on your way to the city center. Visit St. Isztvan’s Cathedral and explore the famed market place nestled on Liberty Bridge. Then enjoy some free time for shopping or a boat-ride along the iconic Danube River. Finish the day with a hearty dinner of traditional Hungarian goulash or stew - your guide will happily point you in the direction of some authentic restaurants, off the beaten path and sure to delight your palate. Wake up refreshed and enjoy breakfast at your hotel before continuing with a tour of the city's highlights then returning to Zagreb.
Our Budapest and Lake Balaton 2 Day Tour from Zagreb is available every Tuesday and Saturday – don’t miss this opportunity to explore Hungary’s capital city while in Zagreb. You’ll take a scenic drive toward Budapest, stopping to relax at Lake Balaton along the way. Upon arrival in Budapest, wander the city streets taking in the beauty and history of this exquisite destination. Visit the famous pastry shop Gerbaud and Vorosmarty Square as your stroll from Vaci Street to the city center. Admire St. Isztvan’s Cathedral then head to Liberty Bridge to explore the famous marketplace. Then enjoy some free time for shopping, an optional boat ride along the Danube River, and to experience authentic Hungarian cuisine – argued to be some of the best in the world!
The next day, have a leisurely breakfast at your hotel and continue touring the city’s highlights, including Budim, the Fisherman’s Fortress, St. Matthias Church, Parliament, Gellert hill, the Opera, Andrassy Avenue, Varosliget Park, Széchenyi Baths, and the Bridges over the Danube, before heading back to Zagreb.
The Budapest and Lake Balaton 2 Day Tour starts and ends in Zagreb with guaranteed departures.
- We hand-craft each tour package which we offer
- Each tour and experience is led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Choose the hotels you stay at from our curated selection
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Budapest and Lake Balaton 2 Day Tour from Zagreb Itinerary
Day 1 - Zagreb, Lake Balaton, and Budapest
- 8:00 - 8:40 Pickup from Zagreb (we will pick you up from 7 centralized pick up locations)
- Enjoy a stop at the scenic shores of Lake Balaton
- Short introduction tour of Budapest
- Enjoy some free time and stay overnight in a 3* hotel in Budapest
- Optional: take a boat ride on the Danube
Day 2 - Budapest and return to Zagreb
- Start your 2 hour guided tour of Budapest - including Budim, Fisherman’s Fortress, St. Matthias Church, Parliament, Gellert hill, Opera, Andrassy Avenue, Square Greats, Varosliget Park, St. Isztvan’s Cathedral, Széchenyi Baths, and Bridges over the Danube.
- Enjoy some free time in Budapest before departing to Zagreb
- 19:00 Drop off in Zagreb
If you have any questions about our Budapest and Lake Balaton 2 Day Tour from Zagreb, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
Flavors of Zadar Food TourCroatia | 3 hour tour From $99 Per Person
Flavors of Dubrovnik Food TourCroatia | 3 hour tour From $105 Per Person
Private Oyster & Wine Tasting Tour along Peljesac Peninsula from DubrovnikCroatia | 7 hour tour From $489 Per Group
Insider Zadar City TourCroatia | 2 hour tour From $40 Per Person
Insider Zagreb City TourCroatia | 2 hour tour From $40 Per Person
Zagreb Food TourCroatia | 4 hour tour From $65 Per Person
Private Bike Trip at the Dubrovnik RivieraCroatia | 5 hour tour From $129 Per Person
Bike and Wine Tasting Private Tour from DubrovnikCroatia | 5 hour tour From $119 Per Person
Montenegro Private Tour from DubrovnikCroatia | 8 hour tour From $422 Per Group
Mostar and Kravice Private Tour from DubrovnikCroatia | 10 hour tour From $504 Per Group