Bologna Private Walking Tour Highlights
01Enjoy a private tour with an enthusiastic guide
02Stroll through Bologna's streets and learn about its rich history
03Visit the Basilica, the 5th largest church in the world
04Climb one of Bologna's most famous towers for a panoramic view of the city
Why we chose this tourOur Bologna Private Walking Tour is a perfect way to orient yourself in this wonderfully historic city. You will meet your private guide who will take you around Bologna as if you were old friends. See the university, one of Italy's oldest and most prestigious learning centers. Visit the Basilica, the 5th largest church in the world complete with the world's largest sundial. Lose yourself in Bologna's central market where traditional Italian daily life spreads out before you. And climb one of Bologna's famous towers for a panoramic view of the city. Our Bologna Private Walking Tour leaves every day.
There isn’t a much better way to learn about a city than with a local private insider expert showing you around, which is exactly what you’ll get on our Bologna Private Walking Tour. As this is a private tour, the itinerary is flexible but will always include seeing some of the best and most famous sights in Bologna. The tour is centered around Bologna’s famous traditions – La Dotta, the learned (because of Italy’s oldest university), La Rossa, the red (because of the buildings), and La Grassa, the fat (because of the amazing Bolognese cuisine). And you get to learn – and experience – all of it.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Bologna Private Walking Tour Itinerary
10:30 / 11:30 /15:00 / 17:00 - Pickup from Bologna
- You will meet your guide at a centralized location in Bologna.
- Meeting point: Piazza Nettuno
Guided Walking Tour of Bologna
- Meet your enthusiastic insider expert for a private walking tour to learn the best that Bologna has to offer.
- Bologna has been defined in three ways - The Learned “La Dotta”, the Red “La Rossa” and the Fat “La Grassa”. On this tour, you'll learn why.
- Visit the university, one of the oldest in Italy that still stands today.
- Head towards the Piazza Maggiore, one of the most impressive piazzas in the city, complete with the Basilica of San Petronio and the largest sundial in the world.
- The Basilica is the 5th largest church in the world and a real sight to behold. You will also see the Archiginnasio library and climb up the two towers for magnificent views across the city.
- Continue towards Piazza Santo Stefano and finally, inside the ancient market of the Quadrilateral. Here, you will learn the traditions of everyday Italian life, which of course revolves around food! Discover the local products that make Bolognese cuisine so spectacular.
13:00 / 14:00 / 17:30 / 19:30 - Drop off at Bologna
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Bologna Private Walking Tour are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Bologna Private Walking Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Fully guided tour
Lunch & drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Related Tours and Experiences
Private Cooking Class with a Local in VeniceItaly | 3 hour tour From $159 Per Person
Milan Countryside and Wine Tasting TourItaly | 6 hour tour From $279 Per Person
Polignano a Mare Stand Up Paddle ExperienceItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $40 Per Person
Otranto Coast Boat TourItaly | 4 hour tour From $105 Per Person
Homemade Orecchiette Cooking Class in ConversanoItaly | 3 hour tour From $99 Per Person
Mozzarella Tasting Tour in Martina Franca or ConversanoItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $89 Per Person
Martina Franca Wine Tasting ExperienceItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $40 Per Person
Insider Monopoli City TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $57 Per Person
Polignano A Mare Sea Caves Boat TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $39 Per Person
Insider Ostuni City TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $50 Per Person