Bologna Churches and Cathedrals Private Walking Tour Highlights
01Enjoy a private tour of 4 of the most important churches in Bologna
02Visit the 5th largest church in the world
03Visit the Church of Santa Maria della Vita a great example of Bolognese Baroque
Why we chose this tourBologna has some of the most spectacular churches in Italy as you'll discover on our Bologna Churches and Cathedrals Private Walking Tour. You and your knowledgeable local expert will head to 4 of Bologna's most famous churches, starting with the basilica, the 5th largest church in the world and that was home to Michelangelo's statue of Pope Julius II, before it got destroyed. You will also visit the Cathedral of San Pietro with its marvelous bell tower and the basilica of San Domenico, the main seat of the order of the preaching friars. Finally, you will head out of the Church of Santa Maria della Vita one of the most famous examples of the Bolognese Baroque. Our Bologna Churches and Cathedrals Private Walking Tour leaves every day.
Enjoy a fantastic walking tour steeped in history on our Bologna Churches and Cathedrals Private Walking Tour. We handpick our guides based on their enthusiasm and knowledge and our private tour feels like being shown around by an old friend. Churches are at the heart of Italy’s rich history and heritage, each of them spectacular in its own way. Don’t forget to dress appropriately, covering shoulders and legs in order to be allowed entry into each church.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Bologna Churches and Cathedrals Private Walking Tour Itinerary
09:30 / 14:30 - Pickup from Bologna
- You will meet your guide at a centralized location in Bologna.
- Meeting point: Piazza del Nettuno
Private Guided Tour of Bologna Churches and Cathedrals
- Take 3 hours with a private guide to discover the wonder of Bologna's churches and cathedrals.
- Start at the Basilica de San Petronio the largest and most famous church in Bologna which dominates the front of Piazza Maggiore and is the fifth largest church in the world.
- Head inside to see the "commemorative" plate for Michelangelo's statue of Pope Julius II, which got destroyed in the 1500s.
- Continue through the winding streets of Bologna until you reach the Cathedral of San Pietro and its bell tower. Then it's onto the Basilica of San Domenico where you will head into the church to discover more about the preaching friars.
- Finally, you will head to the heart of Quadrilatero and marvel at one of the most famous examples of Bolognese Baroque - the Church Santa Maria della Vita.
12:30 / 17:30 - Drop off at Bologna
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Bologna Churches and Cathedrals Private Walking Tour are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Bologna Churches and Cathedrals Private Walking Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Fully guided tour
Lunch & drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Modest clothing are required while visiting Churches and Cathedrals.
Related Tours and Experiences
Private Cooking Class with a Local in VeniceItaly | 3 hour tour From $159 Per Person
Milan Countryside and Wine Tasting TourItaly | 6 hour tour From $279 Per Person
Polignano a Mare Stand Up Paddle ExperienceItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $40 Per Person
Otranto Coast Boat TourItaly | 4 hour tour From $105 Per Person
Homemade Orecchiette Cooking Class in ConversanoItaly | 3 hour tour From $99 Per Person
Mozzarella Tasting Tour in Martina Franca or ConversanoItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $89 Per Person
Martina Franca Wine Tasting ExperienceItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $40 Per Person
Insider Monopoli City TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $57 Per Person
Polignano A Mare Sea Caves Boat TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $39 Per Person
Insider Ostuni City TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $50 Per Person