Best of Silk Road 10 Day Private Package Tour from Beijing Highlights
01Travel the ancient routes and hubs of the Silk Road
02Experience modern China's marvels with rides on bullet trains
03Discover the opulence of historic palaces and expansive squares
04Explore the country's nightlife and culinary scene on your own
Why we chose this tourOur Best of Silk Road 10 Day Package Tour from Beijing takes you along the best of this ancient trade route to discover historical wonders and new cultures along the way. You'll marvel at modern China while you learn legends of the world's oldest empire, all helped along with an expert local guide. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy Cancelation
Best of Silk Road 10 Day Private Package Tour from Beijing Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival to Beijing
- Welcome to China with your arrival in Beijing!
- Once you've landed, meet our team for a private drive to the hotel for check-in, and then the day is yours to explore, rest, or whatever you'd like for your first day of vacation.
- Overnight in Beijing.
Day 2 - Beijing Mutianyu & Summer Palace Tour
- Start your incredible journey with a scenic drive to Mutianyu, a section of the Great Wall built over 600 years ago during the Ming Dynasty.
- You can walk to the top or take a cable car before you stroll from tower to tower, enjoying the panoramic views and marveling at this ancient military fortification.
- Spend your afternoon at the opulent Summer Palace for several royal dynasties, visiting the sparkling Kunming Lake and Longevity Hill.
- Learn more about the Qing Dynasty that used to play and socialize here from your expert guide.
- Overnight in Beijing (Breakfast included).
Day 3 - Beijing Forbidden City & Bullet train to Xi'an
- Today is filled with the wonders of ancient and modern China, all in a single day!
- Begin with a visit to the world's largest city square, Tian'anmen Square, and learn about its tumultuous history.
- Continue to the world's largest palace, the imposing and exquisite Forbidden City to uncover its secret stories and complex past with your expert guide.
- Head to the train station to take an iconic bullet train ride across the country, reaching Xian in only 5 hours.
- You'll be driven to the hotel for check-in and to spend the evening as you wish.
- Overnight in Xian (Breakfast included).
Day 4 - Xi'an Day Tour
- Head out of Xi'an to see the archaeological site of the Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum, one of the most important excavations of the 20th century.
- This funerary art was made to accompany China's first emperor into the afterlife, and the thousands of soldiers are sure to amaze you.
- Once in the museum, gaze in awe at the array of weapons, art, and other artifacts that have been collected from the site while your guide tells you about their history.
- Return to Xi'an to visit the 9-mile walls from the Ming Dynasty, built over 600 years ago that surrounded the city to protect it from invaders.
- After, wander through the Muslim Quarter, a bustling part of the city, to see the markets, stalls, shops, restaurants, and historical houses to see around every turn.
- The mosque here is also the largest in all of China and certainly a sight to behold.
- Afterwards, you'll be returned to the hotel for another free evening in Xi'an.
- Overnight in Xi'an (Breakfast included).
Day 5 -Flight From Xi'an to Dunhuang
- After breakfast, you'll be driven to the airport for a flight to Dunhuang and then taken to your hotel with a private driver to check-in and rest.
- In the afternoon, leave the city for a visit to the Singing Sand Dunes that produce their own music in the desert breeze.
- You'll also get to see the uniquely shaped Crescent Lake, an oasis in the desert, before returning to Dunhuang.
- We recommend a visit to their renowned night market in the evening for an unforgettable experience.
- Overnight in Dunhuang (Breakfast included).
Day 6 - Dunhuang to Turpan by Bullet Train
- Start with a visit to one of the Silk Road's gems, the Mogao Caves that are also known as the Thousand Buddha Grottoes.
- Your guide will help you trace their history back to the 4th century, teach you about the many rebuilds and stories that surround the colorful frescoes and statues that decorate them.
- Drive 2 hours through the forbidding countryside to Liuyuan station for a bullet train to Turpan and check in to your next hotel.
- Turpan sits in an expansive basin in the Xinjiang Province and is famous for having the hottest weather in all of China.
- Overnight in Turpan (Breakfast included).
Day 7 - Turpan City Day Tour
- Travel through this ancient hub of the Silk Road and its many well-preserved historical sights, from ancient homes to the ruins of markets.
- Start with the Bezeklik Grottoes, another famous cave temple that was begun in the 4th century and took over 900 years to carve.
- Continue to the Astana tombs, an ancient cemetery and set of tombs sitting in the center of the glowing desert.
- You'll also stop in the city of Jiaohe Guchang, a historic settlement dating back thousands of years.
- It's famous for its integral role as a military stronghold and garrison, and it is the most well-preserved ancient city in all of China.
- Head to marvel at the Karez Irrigation System, a system of interconnected wells and pipes that have provided this region with food and prosperity for years.
- The last item of the day is the stunning Emin Minaret and a taste of some local dried fruits and Uyghur delicacies before your free evening.
- Overnight in Turpan (Breakfast included).
Day 8 - Turpan to Urumqi, Xinjiang Museum & Tianchi Lake
- Leave Turpan behind and make your way to the world-renowned Xinjiang Museum to see its unique artifacts and well-preserved mummies.
- Two of the highlights will be the ancient Loulan and Xiaohe Beauties, still recognizable after all these years.
- Continue to Tianchi Lake, a stunning natural wonder often called the Heavenly Lake for reasons that will be apparent as soon as you lay eyes on it.
- Make your way to Urumqi and your next hotel where you can rest for the evening or explore the town on your own
- Overnight in Urumqi (Breakfast included).
Day 9 - Urumqi to Kashgar by air for Kashgar City Tour
- Rise early for your flight to Kashgar, and hit the ground running with a visit to the famous Grand Bazaar that's always bustling, the intriguing Apak Hoja Tomb, the magnificent Idkar Mosque, and the atmospheric Old Town of Kashgar.
- On Sundays, you will visit the crowded and historic animal bazaar as well.
- Overnight in Kashgar (Breakfast included).
Day 10 - Departing from Kashgar
- We wish you well, wherever your journey takes you!
- You'll be driven to Kashgar Airport for the next leg of your travels, and we hope to see you soon.
- (Breakfast included.)
NB - all timings on Best of Silk Road 10 Day Private Package Tour from Beijing are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Best of Silk Road 10 Day Private Package Tour from Beijing, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Airport
Private transportation during all days
Fully guided tour with Certified English speaking guide
9 overnights in 4* hotel including breakfast
Flight ticket from Xi'an to Dunhuang
Flight ticket from Urumqi to Kashgar
Bullet train ticket from Beijing to Xi'an
Bullet train ticket Dunhuang to Turapn
International train/flight tickets
Lunches & Dinners
Chinese visa fees
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Comfortable clothing according to the season
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Visa to China is required
Beijing: Tiantan Hotel or similar
Xi'an: Chalet Hotel or similar
Dunhuang: Fuguo Hotel or similar
Turpan: Atour Hotel or similar
Urumqi: Dushanzi Hotel or similar
Kashgar: Shenzhen Air international Hotel or similar
Related Tours and Experiences
Chengdu & Leshan Giant Buddha 7 Day Package TourChina | 7 days package From $1,085 Per Person
Private Chengdu Cooking ClassChina | 4 hours tour From $69 Per Person
Chengdu Giant Panda Base Private Half Day TourChina | 3 hours tour From $65 Per Person
Terra Cotta Warriors Museum Private Half Day Tour from XianChina | 6 hours tour From $97 Per Person
Chengdu Panda Base & Mount Qingcheng Private TourChina | 8 hours tour From $105 Per Person
Chengdu Culture Private TourChina | 8 hours tour From $59 Per Person
Chengdu Foodie Private TourChina | 3 hours tour From $80 Per Person
China Private Impression: 14 Day Private Package Tour from BeijingChina | 14 days package From $6,560 Per Person
China Express 7 Day Private Package Tour: Beijing, Xi’an and ShanghaiChina | 7 days package From $3,075 Per Person
Zhangjiajie and Fenghuang 4 Day Private Package Tour from GuangzhouChina | 4 days package From $2,229 Per Person