1Take a tour across 4 of the most beautiful countries in the Balkan Peninsula
2Discover ancient history, from Ottoman architecture to ancient monastic palaces
3Get out of the cities and explore the natural splendor of these stunning countries
4Visit all the highlights along the Adriatic with ease and speed while enjoying the perfect balance of guided tours and free time
Why we chose this tourOur Best of Adriatic Sea 11 Day Package Tour takes you to Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, and Bosnia and Herzegovina on this whirlwind adventure across the Balkan Peninsula. With local guides to lend you their expertise as you travel through this diverse and beautiful landscape, you'll learn more about this fascinating region than you ever thought possible! Along with your guided tours, you'll be given free time to explore independently. This tour is available on select days, so please inquire ahead of time, and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Itinerary - Best of Adriatic Sea 11 Day Package Tour (Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro)
Day 1 - Arrival
- Arrival at Ljubljana airport.
- Meet our representative and transfer to your hotel.
- Enjoy a free afternoon in Ljubljana to explore the city's expansive green spaces or many museums.
- Overnight in Ljubljana.
Day 2 - Ljubljana and Bled
- After breakfast, you will start your day with a city tour of Ljubljana, hitting all of the highlights, from museums to ancient castles.
- Our favorite spots included are the Ljublana Castle with its panoramic city views, the labyrinthine Old Town, and the stunning art nouveau Dragon Bridge.
- After the tour in the morning you will drive to Bled, a picturesque resort town perched over the largest glacial lake in Slovenia, right in the heart of the Alps.
- You'll take a pletna ride to the island that sits in the center of this crystalline lake, visit the Assumption of Mary church with its legendary bell, and stroll through the castle for panoramic views of the picture-perfect lake below.
- Overnight in Bled (Breakfast and dinner included).
Day 3 - Postojna Cave and Opatija
- After breakfast, head to Postojna Cave, one of the largest karst monuments in the world.
- Wander through the tunnels, passages, halls, and galleries of the most well-known cave in the world.
- After Postojna Cave, you'll be given free time to enjoy a local lunch before heading to Opatija.
- Opatija is located on the Croatian Riviera, and has long been a getaway for European aristocrats seeking some privacy and luxury villas during the long summer months.
- Overnight in Opatija or Rovini(Breakfast and dinner included).
Day 4 - Pula, Rovinj and Opatija
- Grab some breakfast before heading towards the singular Istrian Peninsula, a key cultural region dotted with lush vineyards and stark olive groves.
- Your first stop is Pula and the 1st century Roman Amphitheater with its incredible underground tunnels and storage before heading to a number of other fascinating historical sites, like the Cathedral of the Assumption and the ancient gates that still stand.
- The next stop is the medieval town of Rovinj, showcasing Baroque and Renaissance architecture from the polished cobblestones to the stunning Church of St Euphemia.
- After your tour, enjoy free time for lunch and indendent explorations before heading to Opatija for your overnight stay. (Breakfast included)
Day 5 - Plitvice and Sibenik
- Eat your breakfast before heading to the sprawling Plitvice Lakes National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site since 1979.
- With other 16 lakes connected by an expansive network of 92 cascading waterfalls, and accessible by a number of wooden walking paths and hiking trails through the nearby verdant forest, Plitvice is one of the most stunning parks in the world.
- After your walking tour, enjoy a lunch on your own at a local restaurant before leaving the park.
- Overnight in Sibenik, a popular coastal destination on the Adriatic (Breakfast included).
Day 6 - Split and Makarska
- Enjoy breakfast as a group before taking the morning to swim in Adriatic on your own and grab some lunch before heading to Split for the afternoon.
- Split is the second-largest city in the country and a beautiful mix of the modern and ancient, which you'll see on your guided tour of the impressive Diocletian Palace and Jupiter's Temple, along with a smattering of other beautiful sites.
- Your afternoon will end in Makarska, a seaside resort town that sits under the towering mountains nearby.
- Overnight at hotel in Makarska. (Breakfast included)
Day 7 - Free day
- Breakfast is included before a day all to yourself!
- There is an optional tour that takes you to the harbor and out to Hvar Island, a popular summer destination.
- If you decide to stay on your own, stroll down the Makarska Riviera or savor a sweet cocktail with a stunning beach view.
- Breakfast. Free day on Leisure or (Optional Tour) Morning transfer to the harbor and board the ferry transfer to Hvar Island or spend your day at leisure to relax, walk along the famous Makarska Riviera or just sip a cocktail in front of one of the beautiful beaches.
- Overnight in Makarska. (Breakfast included)
Day 8 - Mostar and Grude
- Take your complimentary breakfast before heading to Mostar, widely regarded as the cultural capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and a beautifully preserved city that blends east and west.
- You'll walk through the Ottoman inspired Old Town and see the UNESCO Protected Old Bridge that arches majestically over the raging Neretva River.
- The next part of the tour takes you to the oldest mosque in Mostar, the Cejvan Cehaj Mosque and the old Bazaar, along with other interesting historical sites.
- Following the tour, take your free time to enjoy a traditional lunch at one of the many restaurants.
- Your day ends with a tour of a 600 year old Dervish monastery in the cliffs and an afternoon at an agro-tourism facility nearby, where you'll learn about traditional farming practices and the people that call this region home.
- Overnight in a family run house in Grude. (Breakfast, lunch and dinner included)
Day 9 - Dubrovnik
- Check out and grab some breakfast before the drive to Dubrovnik, where you'll have time to check in and relax before heading to the Old City of Dubrovnik.
- Your informative walking tour with a local guide will take you to the magnificent citadel and the impressive walls that kept out invaders for centuries before heading to the historical and cultural highlights of Dubrovnik, inlcluding the Franciscan monastery, Sponza Palace, and Onofrio's Fountains.
- End the day with a panoramic driving tour that showcases the expansive views of the city from the summit of towering Mount Srdj.
- Overnight in Dubrovnik (Breakfast included).
Day 10- Montenegro, Kotor Bay and Budva
- After a leisurely breakfast, you'll be taken on an excursion to the cities of Kotor and Budva in majestic Montenegro.
- While passing the breathtaking Kotor Bay, you'll pull off for a photo op of a tiny islet that houses the church of Our Lady of the Rocks; the picturesque view is well worth the stop.
- You'll continue to the secluded city of Kotor, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and spend time visiting the stunning Saint Tripun's Cathedral and the ancient city walls, among other locations chosen by your guide to wow.
- Your next stop is the quaint resort town of Budva; its laden with fascinating history and winding narrow streets that stretch along the pristine beaches.
- Explore the 15th century fortress still standing seaside, and wander through the Old Town before continuing back to Dubrovnik for your overnight stay. (Breakfast included)
Day 11 - Departure
- On your last day, enjoy a final breakfast and free time until your transfer to the airport for your flight home.
- (Breakfast included)
If you have any questions about our Best of Adriatic Sea 11 Day Package Tour (Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro), please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Book Best of Adriatic Sea 11 Day Package Tour (Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro) as a private tour, and customize the itinerary and locations for yourself, your family or a small group.