Balsa River White Water Rafting from La Fortuna & Arenal Highlights
01Enjoy an adrenaline-filled day on the beautiful Rio Balsa
02Raft past hanging orchids, sloths, and more flora and fauna
03Savor a homemade traditional Costa Rican lunch as you rest
04Learn about this stunning area from your expert guide
Why we chose this tourOur Balsa River White Water Rafting from La Fortuna & Arenal is a family-friendly adventure through the breathtaking rainforests of Costa Rica with a heaping side of adrenaline and fun to keep you immersed in the moment! Learn about the native flora and fauna from your experienced guide, plummet down foaming rapids in a thrilling and safe way, and taste local delicacies along the way. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Our Balsa River White Water Rafting from Arenal from La Fortuna & Arenal is currently only available on request. Please contact us directly.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
- Small Group Size
Balsa River White Water Rafting from La Fortuna & Arenal Itinerary
10:00 - Pickup from La Fortuna and Arenal
- You will be picked up from centralized locations in La Fortuna and Arenal.
Guided White Water Rafting at Balsa River
- Meet your guide in your hotel lobby, and be sure to pack a change of clothes for your day of rafting and adventures deep in the heart of Costa Rica's world-renowned forests.
- Take a quick drive through the stunning scenery to the Balsa River and disembark for a safety briefing where you'll receive instructions for the day and your equipment.
- Then it's time to get going!
- Hop into your rafts and plunge down the rapids that make up this rushing river, making sure to take some time to admire the unique foliage that lines the river bank, including the famous ferns and orchids.
- If you're really lucky, you may even spot some monkeys and sloths along the way to round out the journey.
- After an hour or two of floating down the river, you'll stop for a break to enjoy some local fruits and rest before you put your arms to the test and paddle your way back to the rapids.
- Enjoy the rest of your adrenaline-pumping drops and rises as you immerse yourself in the verdant beauty of the rainforest, and then finish your rafting adventure.
- You'll have time to change and shower before enjoying a homemade Costa Rican feast and see a demonstration of how sugar cane is harvested, and learn more about why this crop is so important.
- After that, you'll be driven straight back to your hotel for some rest and a well-deserved nap before you explore the rest of Costa Rica!
15:00 - Drop off at La Fortuna and Arenal
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Balsa River White Water Rafting from La Fortuna & Arenal are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Balsa River White Water Rafting from La Fortuna & Arenal, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from La Fortuna & Arenal
Fully guided tour
All the equipment needed
Typical Costa Rican Lunch
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Bathing suit and towel
Change of clothes
The minimum age required is 5 years old
Related Tours and Experiences
Arenal Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall and Chocolate Tasting Tour from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 10 hour tour From $189 Per Person
Peñas Blancas River Safari and La Fortuna Waterfall Tour from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 7 hour tour From $149 Per Person
Horseback Riding in Arenal from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 3 hour tour From $65 Per Person
La Fortuna Waterfall and Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 6 hour tour From $149 Per Person
Arenal Hanging Bridges and Chocolate Tasting Tour from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 7 hour tour From $149 Per Person
Arenal Hanging Bridges Tour from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 3.5 hour tour From $75 Per Person
Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 3 hour tour From $69 Per Person
Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall and Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 9.5 hour tour From $199 Per Person
Sloth Experience and Hot Springs at Arenal Volcano from San JoséCosta Rica | 12 hour tour From $206 Per Person
Venado Caves Tour from San JoséCosta Rica | 12 hour tour From $165 Per Person