Bacalar and Lagoon of the 7 Colors Private Sailing Experience from the Riviera Maya Highlights
01Visit the sparkling blue waters of the lagoon of 7 colors by sailboat!
02Marvel at the local wildlife, including plenty of birds that make this lagoon their home
03Do as pirates used to do and sail down a canal used to attack a local Spanish fort
04Visit the idyllic town of Bacalar, right on the lagoon edge
Why we chose this tourSpend a glorious day on a sailing boat on our Bacalar and Lagoon of the 7 Colors Private Sailing Experience from the Riviera Maya. This is one of Yucatan's most idyllic spots, an inland lagoon known as the lagoon of 7 colors thanks to the shimmering clear waters. Relax as you sail through the lagoon, including down a canal used by pirates to attack the Spanish fort, the remains of which can still be seen. Listen to your guide as they point out the numerous birds and wildlife that make this lagoon their home. Swim in the clear waters of the lagoon, soaking up the sun and atmosphere. Spend some time in Bacalar, an idyllic town set right on the lagoon edge. Enjoy local gastronomy with a delicious homemade breakfast and a vegetarian lunch. An incredible way to spend a day in full relaxation mode. Our Bacalar and Lagoon of the 7 Colors Sailing Experience from the Riviera Maya leaves every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with guaranteed departures.
For those who love nature, swimming, gastronomy, and making a minimal impact on the world around them, our Bacalar and Lagoon of the 7 Colors Private Sailing Experience from the Riviera Maya is perfect. The lagoon is a world away from the hustle and bustle of the Riviera Maya. Exchange crowds for peace and quiet whilst learning all about the fascinating history of this idyllic spot.
The experience marries all the best things about this area of the Yucatan, from wildlife (birds, in particular) to crystal clear waters, to sailing, to swimming to gastronomy. You can also be safe in the knowledge that you are directly contributing to eco-sustainable tourism, thanks to the use of a sailboat (rather than motorboat), and using local restaurants.
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
- Small Group Size
Bacalar and Lagoon of the 7 Colors Private Sailing Experience from the Riviera Maya Itinerary
7:00-7:30 - Pickup from Riviera Maya
- You will be picked up from your hotel at the Riviera Maya.
09:00 - Guided Bacalar Sailing Experience
- After breakfast at the Carillo Puerto market, you'll board a sailing boat, along with your expert local guide, to navigate your way across the mesmerizing waters of the 'lagoon of 7 colors.'
- You'll sail along the waterways used by pirates to attack the Spanish fort, still standing on the side of the lagoon.
- Marvel at the sheer volume of waterbirds that make this lagoon their home.
- Take the sailboat to quieter spots where you'll have a chance to relax and swim in the gorgeous waters.
- See the 'stromatolites' - or living fossils - one of the oldest lifeforms on the planet.
- Spend some free time in Bacalar, an idyllic town set right on the shores of the lagoon.
- A perfect day out for those who want an eco-friendly experience of one of the Riviera Maya's most idyllic spots.
18:30-19:00 - Drop off at the Riviera Maya
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
If you have any questions about our Bacalar and Lagoon of the 7 Colors Private Sailing Experience from the Riviera Maya, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
Private Cooking Class in MéridaMexico | 6 hour tour From $29 Per Person
Private Teotihuacan Insider City TourMexico | 9 hour tour From $39 Per Person
Private Mexico City Street Food TourMexico | 5 hour tour From $29 Per Person
Private Hidden Mexico City TourMexico | 7 hour tour From $29 Per Person
Vallarta Tequila & Taco Tasting TourMexico | 4 hour tour From $85 Per Person
Vallarta Taco & Street Food Tasting TourMexico | 3 hour tour From $59 Per Person
Vallarta Bike & Food Tasting TourMexico | 3.5 hour tour From $60 Per Person
Vallarta Downtown Food TourMexico | 3.5 hour tour From $55 Per Person
Jungle Mountain Bike & Adventure Private Tour from TulumMexico | 7 hour tour From $130 Per Person
Jorullo Bridge ATV Experience from Puerto VallartaMexico | 3 hour tour From $119 Per Person