Athens Wine Lover’s Private Tour & Wine Museum Highlights
1Visit a local winery to taste their award-winning products
2Take a comprehensive tour of the country's best Wine Museum
3Learn about the history of wine and vineyards in Greece
4Walk these storied spots with a wine expert and sommelier
Why we chose this tourOur Athens Wine Lover's Private Tour & Wine Museum offers a deep dive into the history and role of wine in Greece, taking your taste-buds on a journey through lush vineyards, museum cellars, and more, all with the help of an expert sommelier to give you the best insight into this topic. Step into the past for a day unlike any other, enjoying one of Greece's most fantastic exports: wine! This tour is available every day.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Athens Wine Lover’s Private Tour & Wine Museum Itinerary
9:00 - Pickup from Athens
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Athens.
Guided Wine Tasting Tour & Wine Museum
- Dive into the culture and history of wine in Greece, leaving Athens in the dust as you make your way up to the northern reaches of Attica, stopping in the viticultural area of Kapandriti & Marathon.
- Learn about traditional agricultural practices and production methods as you stroll through the vineyards and cellars, ending the tour with a tasting of some of their award-winning wines.
- Your guide will be an experienced sommelier or wine expert that will walk you through the nuances of flavor and smell, ensuring you'll leave with a greater understanding of these incredible wines.
- Hear the history of the area and the family before your tasting, and then make your way to the Wine Museum and its cellar, the largest and most comprehensive of its kind in the country.
- Discover the details of vines, wines, and production throughout the ages, and end your walk through the museum with another tasting, this time sampling wines, vinegar, and other distilled products alongside local treats.
- If you would like, you can add a premium tasting to your tour package, keeping the entire tour the same but giving you the chance to taste the best wines on offer at each one of your tastings.
- After the museum tour, you'll be transferred back to your hotel in Athens to end this fantastic day immersed in the wine culture of Greece.
14:00 - Drop off at Athens
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Athens Wine Lover’s Private Tour & Wine Museum are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Athens Wine Lover’s Private Tour & Wine Museum, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from your hotel
Fully guided tour with a professional wine guide
Wine tasting paired with local snacks
Entrance fees to the wine museum
Optional: Premium Wine Tasting
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Comfortable clothes & shoes
Sunglasses & sunscreen
The drinking age in Greece is 18 years old
The minimum age for the tour required is 4 years old