Athens 5 Day City Break Tour Package Highlights
1Cruise the sparkling Saronic Gulf and visit Hydra, Poros, and Aegina
2Choose your own hotel from our superior local selection
3Enjoy an insider tour of the city for an authentic look at its neighborhoods
4Taste the best of Greece on your gastronomic tour of markets and shops
5Take tours with a different local expert every day to explore all of Athens
6Dive into the nightlife and taverna culture of this ancient city
Why we chose this tourOur Athens 5 Day City Break Tour Package shows you the best of this ancient metropolis from famous monuments and island paradises to hidden market stalls and favorite local guides, using specialists from around the city to guarantee an authentic and comprehensive look at all of Athens' glory. You'll dive into the ancient past and soak in the atmosphere of historic neighborhoods, taste an array of Greek cuisine, and enjoy a serene cruise along the Saronic Bay on an island tour before watching an explosive display of traditional Greek dance and singing, along with other memorable experiences. This tour is available every day with seasonal variations and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Athens 5 Day City Break Tour Package Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Athens
- Once you've arrived in Athens, make your way to your hotel and rest up for your days of discovery or get a head start on exploring the city independently.
- Overnight in Athens.
Day 2 - Athens Insider City Tour (morning) & Athens Nightlife Tour (evening)
- Begin day one with an insider tour of the city that gives you the ultimate overview of Athens, visiting hidden gems and unknown wonders.
- Explore five different neighborhoods with your expert guide, seeing how the city has transformed into the modern powerhouse it is today.
- You'll see a number of highlights that show you the more authentic underbelly of Athens, including the long-running flea market in the city center.
- Enjoy lunch and a free afternoon before taking the evening to experience the unique nightlife of this fascinating city.
- Make your way off the beaten path, heading to different bars and nightclubs beloved by locals to see how Athens comes alive at night.
- Drink delicious cocktails and regional wines and listen to live music as you taste your way through mezze plates across the city.
- Get to know the locals and the reason they love these hidden haunts to wrap up your first day of explorations, and then get some rest for your next day of fun!
- Overnight in Athens (Limited drinks and appetizers included).
Day 3 - Athens Food Tour
- Dive into Greece's culinary heritage with a comprehensive food tour that will showcase the edible history and most beloved treats of this capital city.
- Start with a visit to some of Athens' most popular open-air markets to marvel at the array of produce, spices, and local delicacies, tasting along the way.
- See the specialty shops that provide hard-to-find ingredients for foodies in the area, getting to know the shopkeepers, and sample their wares.
- Taste Greek coffee, artisanal olive oil, fresh tapenades, decadent baklava, savory souvlaki, and some of the city's best vegetable dishes.
- Walkthrough Varvakios Market, a feast for the senses that sells everything from fresh seafood to organic produce.
- Wind your way along Spice Street, famous for its incredible array of both regional and exotic spices, dried herbs, and cooking blends.
- As you walk, learn about how the different cultures have changed the shape of Greece's food and drinks, from ancient to modern times.
- Finish the tour off at a local deli where you'll be walked through a tasting of local cheese, cured meats, and other singular specialty products.
- Overnight in Athens (Traditional tastings along the way included).
Day 4 - Aegina, Poros, and Hydra Cruise
- Get out of the city and off to some of the picturesque islands nearby with a relaxing cruise along the sparkling waters of the Saronic Gulf.
- Disembark at Poros first, using your free time to explore the historic clock tower and the charming and colorful neighborhoods.
- Next, explore the history of the region as you wander Hydra, famous for its traditional homes and cobblestone streets.
- Dive into the past as you listen to legends of the Saronic Pirates and marvel at the unique architecture of this famous island.
- Make your last stop at the paradise of Aegina, popular with local Athenians as a resort getaway, and home to a stunning ancient temple.
- You can choose to walk the island on your own, or for an additional fee, tour the Temple of Aphaia before returning to the boat.
- Cruise back to the city, watching a spectacle of traditional dance and folk music as you savor a local buffet lunch aboard the boat before your tour finishes.
- Overnight in Athens (Lunch included).
Day 5 - Departure
- On the last day of your tour, you're free to book a late departure and enjoy one last cup of Greek coffee or head out early on the next leg of your journey independently!
NB - all timings on Athens 5 Day City Break Tour Package are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Athens 5 Day City Break Tour Package, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
All touring and accomodation
Athens Food Tour: Food & Drink Tastings
Aegina, Poros, and Hydra Cruise: Tour leader on Board, Greek folklore show, Buffet - Lunch on board
Anything not mentioned above
Cruise: Licensed Tour guide on the Islands
Personal travel insurance
Each day will be led by a local guide to provide an enhanced experience along Tourist Journey's values.
You can choose your hotel from our hand-picked selection during the booking process.
The order of the days might change because we optimize the itinerary to provide the best experience.
Athens Food Tour: If you suffer from any food allergies or have special dietary requirements, you are kindly requested to contact us in advance before booking this tour. Have a light breakfast, as there will be plenty to eat!
The minimum age required for the package is 18 years old due to the Nightlife Tour.