Aromas of Mexico Cooking Class in Cancun Highlights
1Learn tips and techniques for cooking Mexican food from scratch
2Try out ancient tools like the Comal and Molcajete
3Wander through a local market with your English-speaking chef
4Discover the history and origins of the classic dishes you create
Why we chose this tourOur Aromas of Mexico Cooking Class in Cancun, limited to a maximum of 12 travelers, gives you a deeper look at everything from the roots of Mexican cuisine, how to choose the best of local ingredients on offer at the daily market, tips and tricks for creating flawless dishes at home, and the best way to use traditional kitchen implements. With an expert chef guiding your every move, create classic favorites like guacamole and enchiladas, handcraft your own tortillas, learn secrets for making the best arroz con leche, and enjoy everything you've cooked with a margarita in hand. This tour is available every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Aromas of Mexico Cooking Class in Cancun Itinerary
10:00 - Pickup from Cancun
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Cancun.
Guided Market Tour & Cooking Class
- Meet your local chef and head to the nearby market, a daily event where Cancun's locals come to pick up the freshest produce and top ingredients for their own meals and enjoy an introduction to the complex history of Mexican cuisine.
- With the guidance of your expert cook, learn how to choose the best ingredients for what you'll be creating, visiting different stalls and sections.
- Along the way, you'll see a huge variety of herbs, vegetables, freshly butchered meat, and local seafood on display alongside regional treats and delicacies.
- Make your way to the kitchen to try your own hand at creating some delicious dishes, and discover how to use ancient kitchen tools like a Molcajete, a stone mortar, and pestle, the Comal, a flat griddle, and clay pots for cooking.
- Learn how to make handmade tortillas, with tricks for keeping them perfectly cooked and the right thickness, guacamole, a simple dish that's difficult to master, and the best margaritas you'll ever taste.
- Discover the difference between tacos and sopes, make your favorite version of enchiladas by choosing to prepare a red or green sauce, and finish things up with arroz con leche, a traditional dessert.
- Once you've created these culinary masterpieces, take a seat and enjoy everything you spent the day making before returning to your hotel.
13:15-14:00- Drop off at Cancun
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Aromas of Mexico Cooking Class in Cancun are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Aromas of Mexico Cooking Class in Cancun, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from your hotel
Fully guided tour
Professional English speaking local chef
All ingredients for the 6 dishes
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Comfortable shoes & clothes
Vegetarian options are available, please inform us in advance
Please notify us about any food allergies
The minimum age required is 12 years old
The tour requires a minimum of 2 people. If there are not enough people on your travel date we will try to move your tour to a different date