Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal Highlights
1Trek through lava fields and enjoy panoramic views of Arenal Lake
2Explore the unique endemic flora and fauna in this region
3Savor local delicacies at a family-run farm nearby
4Book an exclusive tour limited to 8 travelers and led by an expert
Why we chose this tourOur Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal is led by an expert guide with small groups for an intimate experience. The guides are equipped with HD telescopes and binoculars for the best views and photos and is also customizable to see whatever parts of the park most pique your interest. You'll walk over ancient lava fields, wind through the lush rainforest, and enjoy sweeping panoramic views of the exceptional landscapes around the peak of the volcano. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal Itinerary
7:30/14:30 - Pickup from La Fortuna & Arenal
- You will be picked up from central locations in La Fortuna and Arenal.
Guided Hiking Tour of the Arenal Volcano
- Begin the day by meeting your guide and making your way to one of the 3 trails offered to all tour participants: the Arenal Volcano National Park, El Silencio Reserve, or the Lava 1968 Reserve.
- The first trail through Arenal Volcano National Park is a more broad exploration of the park and the trails that wind through the forest and the lava fields.
- The trail through El Silencio Reserve is a quiet and peaceful path that winds through the rainforest and over the top of ancient lava flows.
- There's also a good chance that you'll spot some of the famous wildlife on your trek through this part of the park.
- The Lava 1968 Reserve Trail passes over most of the area that was covered in the eruption of 1968, and offers a unique look at the effect of molten lava on a landscape.
- This trail is also the one that brings you closest to the volcano itself, though reaching the crater is not only dangerous but forbidden.
- Be sure to speak to your guide after booking, and let them know exactly what your interests are in order to customize the tour for you and your group.
- Each of the trails is about 2.5 miles round trip, and take about 2 hours to complete before you head to a nearby family farm to enjoy a homemade meal cooked on a wood stove.
- After your short stop at the farm, you'll be taken back to your hotel for some rest after your hike.
10:30/17:30- Drop off at La Fortuna & Arenal
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from La Fortuna & Arenal
Fully guided tour
Typical Costa Rican Snack & water
Lunch & drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & comfortable clothes
Sunglasses & sunscreen
The trails reach a maximum of 2 miles long and will be hiked at a slow pace
While this tour is available for all ages, we recommend only bringing children 4 years old and over