Arenal Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall and Chocolate Tasting Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal Highlights
1Fit 4 incredible activities deep in the heart of Costa Rica into a single day
2Enjoy a trek across hanging bridges and to the La Fortuna Waterfall
3Taste chocolates made nearby and enjoy lunch at a family-owned farm
4Swim in the crystal-clear waters below the stunning waterfall
Why we chose this tourOur Arenal Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall and Chocolate Tasting Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal takes you through the area's highlights on an intimate 8 person tour led by an experienced local guide that will show you hidden gems along the way, from cascading waterfalls to locally-made chocolate treats. Enjoy panoramic views of the gorgeous Arenal Lake and the dense tangles of the rainforest, taste traditional cuisine and freshly made chocolate delicacies, and hike across bridges high above the forest floor. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Arenal Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall and Chocolate Tasting Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal Itinerary
7:00-7:30 - Pickup from La Fortuna and Arenal
- You will be picked up from centralized locations in La Fortuna & Arenal.
8:10 - Guided Tour of Arenal's Hanging Bridges
- Meet your guide in the hotel lobby before heading out to dense and vibrant jungle that covers the country for some adventures you're sure to not forget.
- Begin with your trek across the forest floor and high in the air on the famous suspension bridges that pass through the verdant forest, offering incredible views of the nearby volcano and lake, and a unique way to get closer to nature.
- Enjoy a snack of tropical fruits from the trees around you and some other treats to refresh you.
- Keep an eye out for the toucans, parrots, and sloths that live in the trees, and see how many of the 1,300 types of orchids that grow wild here; they're the national flower of Costa Rica.
- The pace of the hike will be moderate, making this a comfortable trip for everyone, no matter their hiking experience or stamina.
- Immerse yourself in this breathtaking beauty before hopping back in the car to drive closer to the world-famous La Fortuna Waterfall.
11:30 - Guided La Fortuna Waterfall Hike
- Hike the 500 steps that lead down to the falls and the pools that surround them, stopping along the way to use the Ultra-HD equipment your guide has brought along to take some unparalleled photos of the panoramic views.
- Once at the bottom, don't miss the chance to swim in these crystal-clear waters surrounded by lush vegetation, and revel in the peace of this gorgeous area.
- The waterfall is located in the center of a canyon deep in the heart of the rainforest, and offers a special sense of serenity as you admire the birds, lizards, animals, and gorgeous plants that surround you.
- Make your way back to the top to shower and change, and rejoin any members of your party that stayed at the top to enjoy a cocktail and the views.
- After this, drive to an organic family-owned farm on the riverbank and meet the Rodriguez family that cares for this gorgeous property before enjoying a traditional homemade Costa Rican meal.
- Take some time to relax in the hammocks on the property, meet some of the animals, or savor a delicious cup of locally-grown coffee before heading to your last adventure of the day.
14:00 - Guided Chocolate Tour
- Continue to a cocoa plantation for a tour of the grounds and the processing plant as you learn how the beans are grown, how the chocolate is prepared, and how it is refined to make these delicious treats.
- Dive into the cultural role that chocolate has played in Costa Rica and then try your own hand at preparing your own chocolate, mixing in different spices and flavors before a guided tasting with one of the professionals on hand.
- Buy some treats to take with you and then head back to your hotel for some very well-deserved rest at the end of your day.
16:00 - Drop off at La Fortuna & Arenal
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Arenal Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall and Chocolate Tasting Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Arenal Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall and Chocolate Tasting Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from La Fortuna & Arenal
Fully guided tour
Typical Costa Rican Lunch
Snacks & Water
Beverages not mentioned
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & quickly drying clothes
Bathing Suit and towel
Sunglasses & sunscreen
The walk on the bridges is easy enough and the longest trail is of 3.2 kilometers (2 miles) and lasts 2 to 2,5 hours to complete
The tour is available for all ages, although we believe it is more enjoyable for kids 4 years old and over