Architecture & Culture of Mumbai 5 Day Tour Package Highlights
01Select your perfect hotels from our hand-picked collection
02Stroll through the stunning rock-cut caves of Kanheri
03Dive into the Art Deco design that covers the streets of Mumbai
04Take tours and exciting excursions with our expert local guides
05Immerse yourself in the wild and wondrous landscapes outside the city
06Admire the sculptures and architecture of the Karla and Bhaja Caves
Why we chose this tourOur Architecture & Culture of Mumbai 5 Day Tour Package plunges you into the stunning designs of Mumbai, both ancient and modern, and inside and outside of the city, for a fully-planned tour led by expert guides to transport you to the most magical corners of the city for marvelous memories you won't soon forget. Visit icons in the city like the Sterling Cinema, Flora Fountain, and Rajabai Tower, tour the rock-cut caves of Bhaja and Karla where Buddhist monks used to live and pray, and walk the ancient paths of Kanheri University. This tour is available every day with seasonal variations and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy Cancelation
Architecture & Culture of Mumbai 5 Day Tour Package Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Mumbai
- Once you've landed in Mumbai, head to your hotel and spend the day resting up for your adventures, or making your way around the marvels of Mumbai on your own!
- Overnight in Mumbai.
Day 2 -Gothic & Art Deco Story Tour of Mumbai (Shared group tour)
- Begin the day at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, a stunning melding of Gothic architecture and Indian design, strolling by the southern Mumbai icon of the Sterling Cinema.
- Pass the expansive Azad Maidan, called the nursery of Mumbai cricket, and then stop at the Flora Fountain, made entirely of Portland stone.
- At the top of the city's most famous fountain is the Roman goddess of flowers, and the perfect segue into the romance of the Eros Cinema's Art Deco design.
- Admire another masterpiece of the same era with a visit to the Empress Court, a residential building that housed many of the city's most elite citizens.
- Continue to the Mumbai High Court to marvel at the statues that depict Justice and Mercy, presiding proudly over the sweeping staircases and towers of the complex.
- Stop at Rajabai Tower, a Gothic revival structure that combines with Art Deco to house over 70,000 of the university's most rare and treasured books.
- Your final two stops are some of the most impressive of the tour to end your day on a high note: the Gothic Elphinstone College and the Regal Cinema, the city's first Art Deco cinema.
- Overnight in Mumbai.
Day 3 - Ancient Buddhist University of Kanheri (Private tour)
- Meet your guide and driver at centralized locations in Mumbai before you're taken to Sanjay Gandhi National Park to visit the Kanheri Caves and enjoy the pastoral beauty of its natural wonders.
- Stroll the caves themselves, admiring the fluid sculptures, bas relief and traditional carvings, and exquisite inscriptions that tell the story of this historic Buddhist seat of learning.
- Spend time in the Grand Chaitya, the prayer hall where monks used to meditate, and the domed Stupas that house relics from past teachers.
- As you discover the history of Buddhism from Theravada to Mahayana, marvel at the Buddhas and Boddhivistas that decorate the 109 separate caves.
- You'll also get an introduction to Jainism, Hinduism, and the history of this ancient university that lies in the center of a key trade route.
- Hear stories of the merchants and travelers that used the school as a center for hospitality and kept it running here in the center of the lush wilderness.
- At the end of the tour, take some time to admire the animals and plants that create an oasis just outside of Mumbai's urban bustle, and then return to the city.
- Overnight in Mumbai (Lunch and light snacks included).
Day 4 - Karla & Bhaja Caves (Private tour)
- Drive to the base of the Karla Caves, and then start your day with a hike to the top, exploring stunning structures built in the 2nd and 5th centuries CE.
- Marvel at the sheer enormity and complexity of these Buddhist rock-cut caves, visiting 16 of the most beautifully decorated ones with your guide.
- Visit the Prayer Hall, one of India's largest rock-cut structures, and admire the original wooden ribs that have held this ceiling up for over 2 millennia.
- Take some free time to refresh yourself with lunch before heading to the Buddhist caves that float 400 feet above Bhaja, an ancient village from the 2nd century CE.
- Climb the steps to the caves themselves, touring the 22 separate structures made of viharas, residential cells for the monks, and chaityas, or prayer halls.
- Some of the highlights include a vaulted horseshoe ceiling, a pillar depicting Buddha in his many forms, a carving of a woman playing a Tabla, a traditional Hindustani instrument.
- After this adventure, it's time to make your way back to Mumbai!
- Overnight in Mumbai.
Day 5 - Departure
- On the final day of your package tour with us, we wish you safe travels wherever your journey takes you next!
NB - all timings on Architecture & Culture of Mumbai 5 Day Tour Package are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Architecture & Culture of Mumbai 5 Day Tour Package, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
All touring and accommodation
Meals as mentioned above
Anything not mentioned above
Personal travel insurance
Each day will be led by a local guide to provide an enhanced experience along Tourist Journey's values.
You can choose your hotel from our hand-picked selection during the booking process.
The order of the days might change because we optimize the itinerary to provide the best experience.
Related Tours and Experiences
Culture of Chennai 5 Day Tour PackageIndia | 5 days package From $579 Per Person
Old Delhi Night Food WalkIndia | 5 hours tour From $79 Per Person
Breakfast Trail in Old DelhiIndia | 5 hours tour From $69 Per Person
3 Day Wildlife and Culture Private Tour of Thekkady from KochiIndia | 3 days package From $389 Per Person
Sultans Legacy & Wildlife of Bidar 2 Day Private Tour from HyderabadIndia | 2 days package From $329 Per Person
2 Day Yoga and Spirituality Private Tour in Rishikesh from New DelhiIndia | 2 days package From $369 Per Person
Ecology & Culture of Munnar 5 Day Private Tour from KochiIndia | 5 days package From $774 Per Person
5 Day Best of Rajasthan Private Package Tour Including Taj Mahal from New DelhiIndia | 5 days package From $1,579 Per Person
Taj Mahal & Wonders of Agra from New DelhiIndia | 12 hours tour From $239 Per Person
Insider Hyderabad Private City TourIndia | 8 hours tour From $105 Per Person