Arachtos River Rafting from Tzoumerka Highlights
1Explore this unique canyon with its narrow gorge walls and tree-lined riverbanks
2Search for the many springs that run down the canyon wall to feed the Arachtos River
3Raft the rapids of this narrow gorge while watching for rare birds that nest here
4Pass by the Plaka Bridge, the largest single-arch bridge in the Balkans, that was destroyed in 2015 and restored completely in 2020
Why we chose this tourOur Arachtos River Rafting from Tzoumerka takes you through the sheer drops and imposing walls of this narrow river canyon, showing you a different side of Greece with an expert guide to ensure your safety. Learn more about the natural beauty of this area, and the historical stories that surround it when you dive into this thrilling adventure. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Arachtos River Rafting from Tzoumerka Itinerary
10:00/12:00/14:00 - Meet in Tzoumerka
- Meet your local instructor at a centralized meeting point.
Arachthos River Rafting
- You'll begin your day of adventure at Politsa Bridge in picturesque Abelochori, meeting your expert guide and getting your equipment and a safety briefing.
- Descend into the canyon, hopping into your rafts for a day of adventure on the racing and thrilling waters of the Arachtos river, making stops to swim in the beautiful waters.
- With twists and turns, and just enough rapids to keep your heart pumping, you'll pass by rare birds, sheer cliff walls, and vibrantly green trees that rise from the cliffs themselves.
- Marvel at the entrance to the canyon, where the walls can reach up to 700 meters high, and keep an eye out for waterfalls flowing down the walls of the gorge.
- End your day with a look at Plaka Bridge, built in 1866, that rises 19 meters high and spreads 40 meters from side to side.
- This bridge is the largest single arch Balkan bridge, and was destroyed in 2015. After 5 years, it was fully restored in 2020 and is a breathtaking sight!
14:00/16:00/18:00 - Drop off in Tzoumerka
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Arachtos River Rafting from Tzoumerka are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Arachtos River Rafting from Tzoumerka, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Local transfer (from the TH base to the starting point)
All necessary equipment (Neoprene suit and socks or shoes, helmet, life jacket)
Snacks and drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
A second pair of shoes that can get wet
Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles
The minimum age is 8 years and above for November – April 4 years and above for May – October
Basic physical condition is required
NB: All times are approximate