Ancient Pompeii and Horseback Riding on Mount Vesuvius from Pompeii Highlights
1Enjoy a personalized tour with only 10 participants
2Dive into Pompeii's history with an expert archaeologist
3Trek multiple winding paths through Vesuvius National Park
4Adventure through this gorgeous area on horseback
Why we chose this tourOur Ancient Pompeii and Horseback Riding on Mount Vesuvius from Pompeii, limited to only 10 travelers, is an intimate and immersive experience in the stunning natural wonders and storied history of this world-renowned region and UNESCO World Heritage Site. Let your guides lead you into the distant past, introduce you to winemaking traditions and local varietals, and take you on an unforgettable journey by horseback through the verdant national park. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Ancient Pompeii and Horseback Riding on Mount Vesuvius from Pompeii Itinerary
10:00 - Pickup from Pompeii
- Meet your guide at the entrance to Pompeii Archaeological Park.
Guided Tour of Pompeii & Horseback Riding and lunch at Vesuvius National Park
- Begin your day of adventure and archaeology with your visit to Pompeii, diving deep into the past and learning more about how daily life looked for these tragic victims.
- In 87 CE, the nearby volcano of Mount Vesuvius erupted, freezing Pompeii in the middle of a normal day as lava and ash covered the city.
- Your guides through the ruins are a team of enthusiastic young archaeologists that love their work, and love showing you exactly what is so special about this excavation and UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- From well-preserved residences and restaurants to public baths and sweeping squares, you'll be transported to ancient Rome and see why Pompeii is world-renowned.
- Afterwards, make your way to a boutique winery that grows its grapes on the slopes of Mount Vesuvius in the rich volcanic soil, giving the grapes a unique flavor that makes the wine prized worldwide.
- Take a comprehensive tour of the expansive grounds before sitting down for a wine tasting accompanied by local treats.
- You may even taste a wine that most closely resembles what the Romans drank, named Tears of Christ or Lacryma Christi.
- Hop on a horse after a quick safety briefing and head out into the wilds of Mount Vesuvius National Park, enjoying the lush natural beauty at the foot of this deadly volcano.
- With experienced horsemen that know the park inside and out, you'll have a completely unforgettable experience before your day is over.
19:30 - Drop off at Pompeii
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Ancient Pompeii and Horseback Riding on Mount Vesuvius from Pompeii are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Ancient Pompeii and Horseback Riding on Mount Vesuvius from Pompeii, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Guided Tour of Pompeii with a local archaeologist
1 Hour and 15 minutes horseback ride in the National Park of Mount Vesuvius
Transportation included throughout the experience
All the equipment for the horse ride
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Closed shoes & comfortable clothes
Sunglasses & sunscreen
The minimum age for the tour is 10 years old