Alpine Dragonlake Hiking Tour from Papigko Village – Ioannina Highlights
1Experience unparalleled views of the imposing Gamila Peak
2Try to spot some of the Alpine Newts that live in the lake
3See the remains of the glaciers that carved this stunning area
4Spend the day luxuriating in natural splendor and enjoying the wildlife here
Why we chose this tourOur Alpine Dragonlake Hiking Tour from Papigko Village - Ioannina takes you to a magical alpine lake high in the sky to spot Alpine Newts, wild horses, and the chamois that live in this area. Your guide will tell you all about the history of this area and guide to you to hidden points that will unveil unreal views of the beauty surrounding you. This tour is available every day with seasonal variations and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Alpine Dragonlake Hiking Tour from Papigko Village – Ioannina Itinerary
9:00 - Pickup from Papigko Village
- Meet your local guide at a centralized location in Papigko Village.
Guided Hiking Tour of the Alpine Dragonlake
- This glorious day of alpine exploration and thrilling treks starts in Mikro Papigko where you'll make your way through a dense fairytale forest, crossing the treeline to reach amazing Alpine scenery and the imposing rock formations known as the Towers of Astraka.
- Head the the refuge in the Astraka's, at a dizzying altitude of 6,400 feet to savor a traditional local lunch before continuing your hike.
- Make your way to the magical Dragonlake of Mount Tymphi, seeing if you're lucky enough to be there when the waters act as a mirror for the surrounding peaks.
- On the north side of the lake, you'll have panoramic views of the chasm of Aoos Valley and the precipitous Smolikas range, while the east side highlights Mount Gamila.
- After soaking in all the spectacular serenity, return to Mikro Papigko to end your tour.
18:00 - Drop off at Papigko Village
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Alpine Dragonlake Hiking Tour from Papigko Village – Ioannina are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Alpine Dragonlake Hiking Tour from Papigko Village – Ioannina, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Fully guided tour
Picnic snacks (seasonal fruit, local pie)
Waterproof poncho jacket
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Hiking shoes & breathable and quick drying sports clothes
Sunglasses, hat & sunscreen (for the summer month), Beanie (for winter months)
Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
Difficulty level: Moderate
The tour requires a good physical shape
The minimum age required is 12 years old
NB: All times are approximate