Al Balad Old Town Private Tour from Jeddah Highlights
01Visit the UNESCO world heritage site of Al Balad, marveling at the unique buildings
02Visit the interior of one of these buildings, seeing how life used to be like
03Sample some of the best street food in the area, from a local drink made from bread to a bean and pickle dish
04Enjoy dinner at a local restaurant where you can try even more local dishes!
Why we chose this tourReally get under the skin of Al Balad with our Al Balad Old Town Private Tour from Jeddah. Meet your local guide and a small group of like-minded travelers as you head through the narrow winding streets of this UNESCO World Heritage site. See the old buildings, some made from seashells and stones, and head inside one to see what life used to be like, living in this old part of Al Balad. Head towards some of the best street vendors in town to sample local food and drinks. See some of the best craftspeople in the area, collecting souvenirs as you go. Finally, enjoy dinner in a local restaurant where you'll get to try even more local delicacies. Our Al Balad Old Town Private Tour leaves every day.
Get the best out of your time in Saudi Arabia with our Al Balad Old Town Private Tour from Jeddah. We handpick our guides based on their knowledge and experience to ensure you are in the very best of hands as you head around this fascinating UNESCO world heritage site. We also keep our group sizes small to make sure your experience is as personalized as possible. We love the mix of food, culture, and history in this particular experience, it’s a perfect way to get more well acquainted with the daily life of the locals here.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Al Balad Old Town Private Tour from Jeddah Itinerary
16:00 - Pickup from Jeddah
- Meet your local guide at the Makkah Gate in Jeddah
Guided Tour of Al Balad Old Town
- Meet your friendly local guide for a tour of 7th century Al Balad! You'll start in the center of the UNESCO world heritage site, where the old buildings with their unique window and door designs have been perfectly preserved. Marvel at buildings built using seashells and stones that once housed the famous Jeddah families.
- Head inside to one of these buildings to see the fantastic interior design and learn more about what life was like living there.
- Wander around the narrow streets learning about how merchants used to sell their goods and pilgrims would get their supplies of cloth and food before they head to Makkah through the Makkah Gate in Al Balad.
- Head towards the old Mosque, founded over 300 years ago.
- Pass by some famous food and drink vendors, known to offer the best local snacks in the area. Ty the famous local drink made or bread - Sobia - and try delicacies from the old bakery which it's famous for its fresh bread.
- Try another local snack that consists of beans and pickles called Balilah.
- Stop for rest in one of the local coffee open-air places and try famous local tea mixed with milk and herbs
- Move towards the center of Al Balad to see the first hotel built in Jeddah influenced by Italian architecture then pass by the first school built in Saudi. We will also visit one of the art houses, offering its unique local art collection and antiques.
- Pass by many shops that offer everything from perfume and jewelry to antiques and souvenirs. We will also introduce you to some local shops to see some crafts being made such as the local sandals, perfumes, and gold jewelry.
- Finish your tour at one of the local restaurants for dinner and try the famous local dishes such as Kabab, fish, or liver with bread.
20:00 - Drop off at Jeddah
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Al Balad Old Town Private Tour from Jeddah are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Al Balad Old Town Private Tour from Jeddah, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Fully guided tour, with a local guide
Snacks , drinks and dinner
Transportation to and from your hotel
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Related Tours and Experiences
Private Jeddah Tour with a LocalSaudi Arabia | 5 hour tour From $119 Per Person
Insider Taif Private Tour from JeddahSaudi Arabia | 10 hour tour From $159 Per Person
Insider Al Ahsa Private Tour from RiyadhSaudi Arabia | 8 hour tour From $139 Per Person
Traditional Private Cooking Class & Lunch in JeddahSaudi Arabia | 3 hour tour From $160 Per Person
Red Sea Private Boat Tour from JeddahSaudi Arabia | 8 hour tour From $149 Per Person
Pure Beach Relaxation Private Tour from JeddahSaudi Arabia | 8 hour tour From $139 Per Person
Insider Riyadh Private City TourSaudi Arabia | 8 hour tour From $109 Per Person
3 Day Saudi Arabia & Madain Saleh Tour from RiyadhSaudi Arabia | 3 days package From $1,999 Per Person