Akramitis Hiking Tour from Rhodes Highlights
01Enjoy complete panoramic views over the island, Turkey, and surrounding waters from the top of the second highest peak
02Refresh with an escape into a protected natural area, covered in rolling meadows and dense pine forests
03Discover an often-missed and authentic look at this beautiful island
04Snap stunning photos and make unforgettable memories on this hike through nature
Why we chose this tourOur Akramitis Hiking Tour from Rhodes is an impressive trek up Rhodes' second highest peak for a refreshing walk through the wooded paths up to a panoramic lookout point that showcases the beauty of the island. This is the ideal tour for active travelers looking for a more authentic experience and an escape from the busy crowds. This tour is available every Friday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
- Small Group Size
Akramitis Hiking Tour from Rhodes Itinerary
9:00 - Meet in Monolithos village (North entrance, next to Christos' Corner tavern)
- Meet in Monolithos Village.
Guided tour of Akramitis Mountain
- Begin your off-the-beaten-path adventure in the rural village of Monolithos on the often-missed western side of the island for a hike up to the peak of Mount Akramitis, the second highest mountain on Rhodes.
- You'll head through green slopes covered with cypress and pine trees that overlook the Bay of Apolakia, stopping for plenty of photos.
- Continue through open meadows, covered with aromatic herbs and beautiful wildflowers on your way to the Chapel of Saint John for a rest before reaching the top of the peak.
- From the top of the mountain, you'll look down on the islands of Alimia and Karpathos, as well as the lakes of Gadouras and Apolakia, enjoying the rugged and serene beauty below.
- Return to the base on a different trail that winds between towering pines before ending your afternoon of adventure.
13:30 - Drop off in Monolithos village
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Akramitis Hiking Tour from Rhodes are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Akramitis Hiking Tour from Rhodes, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Fully guided tour
1 bottle of water
Lunch and drinks
Optional pick up: 25$ per person for a pick up from the areas: Kremasti, Paradeisi, Ialysos, Ixia, Rhodes Town, Kallithea, Faliraki, Afantou, Haraki, Lindos and any location in between the above mentioned areas.
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Long hiking pants
Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
Distance: 9,1 Km/5,6 Miles
Terrain: Rocky trail, soft trail
Altitude Difference: 421 M/1381 Ft
Duration: Actual Hiking Time: 4 Hrs / Total Activity Duration: 6 Hrs
Difficulty level: moderate/difficult
The minimum age requires is 10 years old
Related Tours and Experiences
Mykonos Private Shore ExcursionGreece | 5 hour tour From $550 Per Group
Mykonos Small Group TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $105 Per Person
Mykonos Private Jeep TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $499 Per Group
Mykonos Private Guided TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $530 Per Group
Achilleion, Kanoni & Corfu Town Private TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $719 Per Group
Paleokastritsa Monastery, Kanoni & Corfu Town TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $689 Per Group
Santorini Wine Roads Sunset TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $179 Per Person
Craft Beer & Spirits Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4 hour tour From $149 Per Person
Greek Food & Wine Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $199 Per Person
Santorini Insider TourGreece | 5 hour tour From $179 Per Person