Akramitis Hiking Tour from Rhodes Highlights
1Enjoy complete panoramic views over the island, Turkey, and surrounding waters from the top of the second highest peak
2Refresh with an escape into a protected natural area, covered in rolling meadows and dense pine forests
3Discover an often-missed and authentic look at this beautiful island
4Snap stunning photos and make unforgettable memories on this hike through nature
Why we chose this tourOur Akramitis Hiking Tour from Rhodes is an impressive trek up Rhodes' second highest peak for a refreshing walk through the wooded paths up to a panoramic lookout point that showcases the beauty of the island. This is the ideal tour for active travelers looking for a more authentic experience and an escape from the busy crowds. This tour is available every Friday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Akramitis Hiking Tour from Rhodes Itinerary
9:00 am - Meet in Monolithos village (North entrance, next to Christos' Corner tavern)
- Meet in Monolithos Village.
Guided tour of Akramitis Mountain
- Begin your off-the-beaten-path adventure in the rural village of Monolithos on the often-missed western side of the island for a hike up to the peak of Mount Akramitis, the second highest mountain on Rhodes.
- You'll head through green slopes covered with cypress and pine trees that overlook the Bay of Apolakia, stopping for plenty of photos.
- Continue through open meadows, covered with aromatic herbs and beautiful wildflowers on your way to the Chapel of Saint John for a rest before reaching the top of the peak.
- From the top of the mountain, you'll look down on the islands of Alimia and Karpathos, as well as the lakes of Gadouras and Apolakia, enjoying the rugged and serene beauty below.
- Return to the base on a different trail that winds between towering pines before ending your afternoon of adventure.
Drop off in Monolithos village at 13:30
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Akramitis Hiking Tour from Rhodes are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Akramitis Hiking Tour from Rhodes, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Fully guided tour
1 bottle of water
Lunch and drinks
Optional pick up: 12$ per person for a pick up from the areas: Kremasti, Paradeisi, Ialysos, Ixia, Rhodes Town, Kallithea, Faliraki, Afantou, Haraki, Lindos and any location in between the above mentioned areas.
Optional pick up: 19$ per person for a pick up from the areas: Pefkos, Kiotari, Gennadi.
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Long hiking pants
Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
Distance: 9,1 Km/5,6 Miles
Terrain: Rocky trail, soft trail
Altitude Difference: 421 M/1381 Ft
Duration: Actual Hiking Time: 4 Hrs / Total Activity Duration: 6 Hrs
Difficulty level: moderate/difficult
The minimum age requires is 10 years old
NB: All times are approximate