Ait Oucheg Private Tour from Marrakesh Highlights
1Dive into the world and culture of the Berber's just outside of Marrakesh
2Leave the beaten path and see a less touristy side of the country
3Savor a lunch surrounded by nature or in a Berber Auberge in Tizi
4Trek with an expert team of mountain guides specializing in service
Why we chose this tourOur Ait Oucheg Tour from Marrakesh sweeps you out into the rolling foothills of the famous Atlas Mountains with local trekking specialists by your side to introduce you to the region's natural splendor, warm people, and stunning scenes. Enjoy a traditional tajine in a cozy auberge, trek through delicious cedar forests, and admire vistas that unfold below your feet. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Ait Oucheg Private Tour from Marrakesh Itinerary
8:00 - Pickup from Marrakesh
- You will be picked up from any hotel or Riad in the center of Marrakesh.
Guided Tour of Ait Oucheg
- Leave the urban sprawl of Marrakesh far behind you as you wind your way into the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, passing towering forests, hearty scrublands, and traditional villages.
- Begin your trek through the Ourika Valley, also known as Ait Oucheg, and pass its gently flowing river on your way up to panoramic viewpoints.
- Gaze in wonder at Anammer and Aguerd, villages carved from the very walls of the mountains themselves.
- Descend into the Aguerd Gorge, admiring the incredible formations that surround you, and hike through the juniper and cedar forests to reach Imi n'Taddart.
- Thanks to the long-standing connections of your local trekking specialists with the locals, you'll learn more about this area's culture and people with a traditional tajine lunch.
- Savor homemade food in a stunning setting at Rachid's, tasting fresh and local products as you watch you the sun set on the foothills of the Atlas Mountains.
- Take in the sweeping views from the cozy mountain auberge on this one of a kind experience.
- Return back to Marrakesh after your day of discovery.
18:00 - Drop off at Marrakesh
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Ait Oucheg Private Tour from Marrakesh are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Ait Oucheg Private Tour from Marrakesh, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from your hotel
English speaking mountain guide
Lunch (outdoor picnic or in a authentic Berber Auberge in Tizi)
Tea with Mint will be offered everywhere as a symbol of hospitality and happiness
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Your own water bottle, you will be able to refill the bottle during the tour
Hat, windbreaker, sweater
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Difficulty level: Moderate
Walking Time: 4 hours, in between morning and afternoon
Vegetarian lunch available on request
Routes and tracks are mentioned for illustration purposes and may be changed without notice due to weather or other conditions
Please avoid too short or tight outfits to respect local customs.