Aegina Private Cultural and Hiking Tour from Athens Highlights
1Enjoy a full day visit to a stunning island where you can take a refreshing swim
2Savor a local lunch with delicious traditional dishes
3Learn all the magical myths and legends about Aegina from your guide
4Visit the Temple of Aphaia and marvel at the stunning ruins
Why we chose this tourOur Aegina Cultural and Hiking Tour from Athens takes you to charming seaside villages and into the fascinating past of this culturally rich area with an expert guide to help you every step of the way. Learn more about the history and natural splendor of this area while discovering a new part of Greece on an adventurous and illuminating day tour. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Aegina Private Cultural and Hiking Tour from Athens Itinerary
7:00 - Pickup from Athens
- We will pick you up from your hotel in the City Center of Athens and transfer you to Piraeus.
13:00 Guided Hike to the Temple of Aphaia and free time
- Start the day with a drive to the Piraeus Port, where you'll hop onto a ferry and make your way to the picturesque town of Aegina, and enjoy some coffee and snacks at a seafront cafe on the harbor.
- You'll head to your starting point, and begin on your hike up to Aphaia, passing through forests filled with tall pines and fresh herbs, finally summiting next to the ancient hilltop Temple of Aphaia.
- You have an option to add a tour of the archaeological site and museum, after which you'll return downhill to Agia Marina, a quaint village on the seashore.
- Enjoy an authentic lunch next to the waters in Agia before a quick swim, and then return to Aegina port for an hour of free time to roam the city's medieval ruins, do some shopping, or enjoy a refreshing coffee.
- Take the ferry back to Piraeus before returning to Athens to end your day.
18:30 - Drop off in Athens
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Aegina Private Cultural and Hiking Tour from Athens are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Aegina Private Cultural and Hiking Tour from Athens, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Hotel pick up and drop off from Athens center
Ferry (regular) Piraeus – Aegina – Piraeus
English speaking guide
Local transfers in Aegina for the hike
Lunch, Refreshments or coffee
Professional Guide & Entrance Fees to the Temple of Aphaia
Drinks during the meals
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Small backpack with bottled water
Light hiking shoes or hiking boots
Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or polycotton not denim)
Hat or beanie, sunglasses sunblock
Waterproof jacket / membrane (for the rainy days)
Swimming suit and towel during the warm months
Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.