9 Day Secrets of Ancient Greece Tour Package Highlights
01Spend an incredible 9 days exploring ancient history on the Greek mainland
02Discover all Athens has to offer with an insider tour
03Visit nearby islands, famed for their beauty and history
04You'll have an enthusiastic guide with you on each experience of the package
05Choose from our curated selection of hotels at the time of booking
06Visit the port city of Nafplio and the ancient theater of Epidaurus, thought to have the best acoustics in the world
07See all that Thessaloniki and its surrounding area has to offer, from its food scene to the nearby monasteries of Meteora
Why we chose this tourOur 9 Day Secrets of Ancient Greece Tour Package is perfect for anyone who wants to dive deep into the world of ancient Greek history. You'll be treated to tours of the famous port of Nafplio and the ancient theater of Epidaurus. Explore not one, but two UNESCO world heritage sites; Delphi, famous for its ancient artifacts, and Meteora, known for its monasteries and hermit caves. There will also be a fantastic day to the nearby islands of Pora, Hydra, and Aegina, all with their own unique personality and charm. And don't forget our walking food tour around Thessaloniki; this is an underrated gem of a city for foodies. This is an incredible, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to really get under the skin of what ancient Greece used to be like. Our 9 Day Secrets of Ancient Greece Tour Package leaves with guaranteed departures.
There’s nowhere on earth quite like Greece, as you’ll experience on our 9 Day Secrets of Ancient Greece Tour Package. You’ll be based in Athens and then Thessaloniki, and each day will have something new for you to discover. It could be an insider tour of Athens, learning about local-only neighborhoods. It could be a trip to a UNESCO world heritage site to marvel at the wonders of ancient Greece. Or it could be taking a boat to the stunning islands that surround Athens, each with its own charm. We handpick our local guides for their knowledge and enthusiasm so you can be rest assured that you’ll be getting the best experience possible with them. They are really what bring our tours to life. What’s more, you can choose your hotel at the time of booking to ensure it perfectly suits your needs. What a way to spend 9 days!
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy Cancelation
9 Day Secrets of Ancient Greece Tour Package Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Athens
- Arrive in Athens and make your way to your handpicked hotel.
Day 2 - Athens
- Start your Greek adventure with an Athens insider tour.
- Meet your guide at a central location who will take you around this glorious city
- Venture off the beaten path, getting to know an Athens on the locals knows about.
- You'll visit 5 neighborhoods, each with its own personality.
- Learn about Athens' history, both ancient and modern as your guide weaves tales of the city.
- A perfect introduction to the city.
- Spend overnight in your handpicked Athens hotel.
Day 3 - Nafplio & Epidaurus
- Head out of the city and into the past with a tour of the port city of Nafplio and the renowned ancient site of Epidaurus.
- Enjoy a cup of traditional Greek coffee at the important military point of the Isthmus of Corinth before heading to Nafplio.
- Climb 999 steps up to the famous castle of Palamidi.
- Explore the oldest districts of the city, before (optionally) heading to the Komboloi museum or a visit to an Ouzo factory!
- You can also add a boat ride across the gulf.
- Have lunch in a traditional taverna before heading to Epidaurus. (Lunch not included)
- Here you'll see the ancient theater, which is considered to have some of the best acoustics in the world.
- Your guide will be with you every step of the way, to bring these ancient streets to life.
- Return to your Athens hotels for rest and relaxation.
Day 4 - Delphi
- Step back in time in the UNESCO world heritage site of Delphi.
- Skip the lines and head straight into the site, with your knowledgeable local guide.
- This area is considered the center of the ancient world. Your guide will tell tales of ancient times here, bringing the whole thing to life.
- Take a guided tour around the Delphi Museum where you'll see an impressive collection of ancient artifacts including the Naxian Sphinx, friezes, and bronze statues.
- After some free time for lunch, continue to the Athena Pronaia Sanctuary, as well as a stop at Arachova, a village world-famous for its textiles, wine, and cheese.
- Head back to Athens to rest up in your hotel.
Day 5 - Aegina, Hydra & Poros Cruise
- It's time to head out to the beautiful islands that surround Greece on our Aegina, Hydra, and Poros cruise.
- Sail across the Saronic Gulf towards Poros, where you'll have 2 hours of free time to discover the best of the island including its historic clock tower.
- Then, it's onto Hydra, an island with dramatic landscape and even more dramatic history including pirates!
- Finally, sail to Aegina where you can either explore for yourself, or for a supplement, take a guided tour of the Temple of Aphaia.
- As you sail back to Athens, you'll be treated to a traditional Greek folklore show and a delicious buffet.
- Return to your Athens hotel for some well-deserved rest!
Day 6 - Meteora
- You'll be heading to Thessaloniki today by train, via the stunning UNESCO world heritage site of Meteora.
- Enjoy the sweeping landscape of mainland Greece as you head towards Meteora where you and a small group will be guided around this stunning area.
- Learn about the local monastic community, see the old hermit caves and enter some of the working monasteries.
- There are breathtaking views at every turn.
- Head onto Thessaloniki where you can check into your handpicked hotel. (Train tickets are included)
Day 7 - Thessaloniki Food Tour
- Day 7 is all about food! And the Greeks do it so well.
- Join an enthusiastic local guide as you head out onto a Thessaloniki food tour.
- You'll visit two local markets, tasting your way through cheeses, sweet treats, and other delicacies as well as coffee.
- Your guide will also take you to Athonos square where local craftsmen sell their wares.
- Spend the afternoon and evening in your hotel or head out to explore Thessaloniki for yourself.
Day 8 - Free Day
- Day 8 is yours to spend as you wish in the great city of Thessaloniki.
- Why not visit the famous white tower, used as a prison during the Ottoman Empire's occupation of Greece.
- Or explore Thessaloniki's rambling old town, finishing at the expansive waterfront, a 5km promenade, filled with traditional bars and restaurants.
Day 9 - Departure
- Day 9 is reserved for your departure. Whether you're continuing on another European adventure or heading home, we are sure these 9 days will have been a highlight!
If you have any questions about our 9 Day Secrets of Ancient Greece Tour Package, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
Santorini Wine Roads Sunset TourGreece | 5 hours tour From $189 Per Person
Craft Beer & Spirits Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4 hours tour From $119 Per Person
Greek Food & Wine Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 5 hours tour From $209 Per Person
Santorini Insider TourGreece | 5 hours tour From $189 Per Person
Santorini Cooking Class & Tasting ExperienceGreece | 5 hours tour From $215 Per Person
Nemea Winery & Vineyard Private Tour from AthensGreece | 10 hours tour From $229 Per Person
Nemea & Nafplio Wine and History Private Tour from AthensGreece | 10 hours tour From $179 Per Person
Evia Wine Private Tour & Spa ExperienceGreece | 7 hours tour From $195 Per Person
Athens Wine Lover’s Private Tour & Wine MuseumGreece | 6 hours tour From $169 Per Person
Mount Olympus Hiking Tour from ElassonaGreece | 10 hours package From $109 Per Person