8 Day Secrets of Iceland Tour Package Highlights
01Discover Reykjavik's highlights and food with an insider guide
02Enjoy each day and experience with a hand-picked local expert guide
03Hunt for the Northern Lights and explore Mosfellsdalur and Esja
04Select the best hotel for you from our curated selection of hotels
05Explore stunning scenery as the Snæfellsnes Peninsula and the Golden Circle
06Wander behind Seljalandsfoss and through the ice caves near Katla
Why we chose this tourOur 8 Day Secrets of Iceland Tour Package is a comprehensive experience that shows you everything from the Aurora Museum and Hallgrímskirkja Church in Reykjavik to the black sand beach of Reynisfjara near Vík and the wonders that line the Golden Circle route, with every experience led by an expert specialist to give you the most insightful and authentic experience possible. You'll have the chance to eat unique foods, explore hidden neighborhoods, trek along isolated hiking trails, marvel at a number of waterfalls, and view the splendor of imposing mountains. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy Cancelation
8 Day Secrets of Iceland Tour Package Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Reykjavik
- Arrive in the city on your own and make your way to your hotel to rest after your journey or start your explorations independently!
- Overnight in Reykjavik.
Day 2 - Insider Reykjavik City Tour & Reykjavik Food Walking Tour
- Start your package tour with our insider tour designed to introduce you to Iceland and cosmopolitan Reykjavik with an insider expert guide.
- See the city's most famous landmarks, including the smoky Harpa Concert Hall, Hallgrímskirkja Church, and the serene Reykjavik Pond.
- Uncover hidden gems that only the locals know about, and learn about the legends, mythology, language, and history of this unique country.
- After learning about the city's physical highlights, it's time to dive into the traditional cuisine that's unique to Iceland with a walking food tour!
- You'll have a short break for lunch on your own and free time in the city before embarking on the next leg of your journey.
- Head to the city's finest restaurants to taste 10 traditional dishes that highlight the creative use of limited ingredients on this harsh island.
- Discover Reykjavik and Iceland's history as you taste singular dishes like reindeer and fermented shark along the way.
- When your tour ends, be sure to ask your guide for more recommendations on where and what to eat before returning to your hotel.
- Overnight in Reykjavik.
Day 3 - Snæfellsnes Peninsula Tour
- Get away from the hustle and bustle of Reykjavik with a visit to the Snæfellsnes Peninsula, one of Iceland's most popular and otherworldly landscapes.
- Visit the 4,000-year-old Beserkjahraun lava fields, the black pearl Djúpalónssandur beach, and the sheer Lónsdrangar basalt cliffs where elves are said to live.
- Stop at Mount Kirkjufell, the country's most beautiful mountain, and the nearby split Kirkjufellsfoss Waterfall for some awe-inspiring photos.
- Trek past the Snæfellsjökull Volcano, an incredible formation that is an ancient volcano and a glacier in one, over 700,000 years old.
- It's almost 5,000 feet tall and one of the country's most photographed sights, you'll get to learn about its history from your local guide.
- The day ends at the Arnarstapi fishing village, a traditionally built village with quaint stone houses that cover the streets.
- Overnight in Reykjavik.
Day 4 - Golden Circle and Secret Lagoon Tour
- Escape into Iceland's unique natural wonders with a day visiting some of its top attractions and most quintessential stops with our own twist.
- Begin with a short trek around the Kerid Crater Lake, a 3,000-year-old lake that while relatively shallow, is famous for its sparkling aquamarine waters.
- Refresh yourself with an early admission visit to the Secret Lagoon, a natural geothermal heated pool, and enjoy having the area to yourself before tourists arrive.
- Continue to the Great Geysir, the very phenomena that the English word "geyser" comes from and the first of its kind to appear in print in Europe.
- It's not only magnificent to view, but fascinating to learn about, and your guide will explain its origins.
- Stop next at the Gullfoss Waterfall, a raging cascade located in the deep canyon of the Hvítá River, and one of Iceland's most beloved natural features.
- Finish the day at Þingvellir National Park, located in a rift valley and scattered with historical wonders like ancient churches and singular rock formations.
- You'll then return to Reykjavik for the remainder of the day.
- Overnight in Reykjavik.
Day 5 - Buggy Adventure Tour
- Explore Iceland's rugged and picturesque countryside in an adrenaline-pumping buggy adventure led by an on-the-ground expert.
- You'll meet your guide and head to the start location, where you'll receive waterproof gear and get a safety briefing before heading out.
- Everyone will be riding through the muddy trails in a two-seater buggy guaranteed to get you closer to nature in a thrilling way!
- Ride through the craggy landscape of the Mosfellsdalur Valley beneath the stunning Esja Mountain, stopping along the way at scenic viewpoints chosen by your guide.
- Breaks will also include coffee and other hot drinks to revive you before you hit the trails again!
- Once done, you'll have the chance to clean up and grab another beverage before returning to the busy metropolis of Reykjavik.
- Overnight in Reykjavik (Coffee and hot drinks included).
Day 6 - South Coast & Katla Natural Ice Cave
- Jump in a jeep and leave the city lights behind as you make your way to the enormous Skógafoss Waterfall on a former seaside coastline.
- This enormous waterfall is one the most powerful in the country and starts your explorations on an impressive note.
- Drive past the stunning features of Hafursey and Hjorleifshofdi, two dramatic features that rise from the lunar landscape with their lush slopes.
- Venture into the mountains themselves near the active Katla volcano when you walk into the Kötlujökull Glacier's ice caves, unique in all regards and breathtaking.
- You'll be able to see the volcanic ash trapped in the glacial waters, and admire the sparkling beauty of this natural ice cave.
- Return to Vík for the chance to visit the ancient church, try unique local dishes at nearby restaurants, or stroll along the black sands of Reynisfjara.
- The last stop of the day is Seljalandsfoss, a waterfall that hides a natural cave behind its cascading waters, and allows you to trek around the waters yourself before returning to Reykjavik.
- Overnight in Reykjavik.
Day 7 - Northern Lights Small Group Tour
- Start this day exploring the gorgeous and vibrant of the Northern Lights with a visit to the Aurora Museum in the city for some background.
- You'll hear local legends, learn the science behind this marvel, and get a quick course on how to photograph the lights themselves.
- Then leave the city in the care of expert guides that carefully track the weather to give you the best chance to see the lights.
- Stop at various locations outside of Reykjavik to admire the scenery and catch a glimpse of these elusive wonders, trying out your new photography skills.
- Along the way, you'll also be given traditional Icelandic snacks and hot coffee to keep your energy up on the hunt!
- After your explorations, return to the city for some rest and relaxation after your exciting adventure.
- Overnight in Reykjavik (Hot chocolate and refreshments included).
Day 8 - Departure
- The last day is free for your independent departure, allowing you to continue your journey onward or return home.
- Safe travels!
NB - all timings on 8 Day Secrets of Iceland Tour Package are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our 8 Day Secrets of Iceland Tour Package, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
All touring and accomodation
Meals & drinks as mentioned above
1-hour guided buggy ATV tour with powerful 800 & 1000 cc off-road vehicles. All equipment is included (helmet, balaclavas, gloves, waterproof coveralls, rubber boots).
Entrance fees: Golden Circle & Secret Lagoon Tour, Aurora Reykjavík entrance ticket on the Northern Lights Tour (valid for use on the tour date booked)
Jeep tour from Vik to the Katla Ice Cave. All necessary safety gear (helmet, headlamp, and crampons). You will have free time without guidance in the Village of Vík Between 3:30-7:00 pm
Anything not mentioned above
Personal travel insurance
Each day will be led by an expert local guide to provide an enhanced experience along Tourist Journey's values.
You can choose your hotel from our hand-picked selection during the booking process.
The order of the days might change because we optimize the itinerary to provide the best experience.
Drivers for the buggies must be 17 years or older with a valid driver’s license
The minimum age required for the package is 8 years old due to the Snæfellsnes Peninsula Tour.
The minimum age to consume alcohol in Iceland is 20
Related Tours and Experiences
Golden Circle Stopover 3 Day Tour PackageIceland | 3 days package From $192 Per Person
4 Day Iceland Express Tour PackageIceland | 4 days package From $412 Per Person
5 Day Golden Circle, Jökulsárlón & Blue Lagoon Tour PackageIceland | 5 days package From $625 Per Person
Reykjavik, Iceland, and Northern Lights 5 Day Tour PackageIceland | 5 days package From $649 Per Person
Reykjavik Elves & Trolls Walking TourIceland | 2 hours tour From $40 Per Person
Insider Reykjavik City TourIceland | 2 hours tour From $49 Per Person
Reykjavik Beer Tasting TourIceland | 3 hours tour From $85 Per Person
Reykjavik Food Walking TourIceland | 3 hours tour From $125 Per Person
New Year’s Eve Bonfire Tour from ReykjavikIceland | 3 hours tour From $75 Per Person
Golden Circle & Horse Riding from ReykjavikIceland | 10 hours tour From $175 Per Person