7 Day Secrets of Zagreb & Istrian Coast Tour Package Highlights
01Get right into the heart of Northern Croatia visiting both Zagreb (and its surroundings) and Istria
02Marvel at the stunning UNESCO world heritage site that is Plitvice Lakes National Park
03Spend a day wandering through Pula and Rovinj on the Istrian coast
04Get to know Zagreb's dark past on our Zagreb night tour
05Choose your hotel from one of our fantastic central locations
06Each experience is led by a different insider who we have hand picked
Why we chose this tourSpend a fantastic 7 days in northern Croatia with our 7 Day Secrets of Zagreb & Istrian Coast Tour Package. Meet linked-minded travelers on our insider tour of Zagreb where you'll learn all about the turbulent history of this fascinating city. Learn about the dark past of Zagreb on our night tour, complete with gruesome murders and shady goings-on! Head out to the UNESCO world heritage site that is Plitvice Lakes National Park, complete with a boat ride around the stunning lakes and lunch in a traditional restaurant. Spend a day in breathtaking nearby Istria, taking in the historical sites in Pula and the medieval and coastal wonders that can be found in Rovinj. This package also includes plenty of free time so you can explore Zagreb for yourself, from its iconic green spaces to its fun-packed nightlife. Our 7 Day Secrets of Zagreb & Istrian Coast Tour Package leaves with guaranteed departures.
The northern parts of Croatia are still somewhat off the beaten track, much less well known than the Dalmatian coast further south. But that only makes it all the better for a 7-day adventure! Each experience will be led by one of our handpicked guides, chosen by us for their level of knowledge and enthusiasm for the area they call home. You’ll only ever be part of a small group, in our bid to make your experiences as authentic and personalized as possible. There is a nice mix in these 7 days of city adventures, coastal trips, and natural and historical wonders, giving you a great oversight to Zagreb and Istria. And don’t forget, you can pick your own fantastic Zagreb hotel at the time of booking to ensure it perfectly suits your needs.
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy Cancelation
7 Day Secrets of Zagreb & Istrian Coast Tour Package Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Zagreb
- Day one is reserved for your independent arrival in Zagreb. Check into your handpicked hotel and enjoy some rest and relaxation before your adventure begins.
Day 2 - Insider Zagreb City Tour & Zagreb Night walking Tour
- Begin your adventure with an insider Zagreb tour. Meet a small group of likeminded travelers and your guide who will take you through the fabled old streets of Zagreb.
- Walk to the entrance of the old town before heading to one of the world's oldest pharmacies, dating back 700 years.
- Continue to the wonderful Saint Catherine's Church with its mosaic roof and take a peek into the church to view its unique pink ceiling.
- Listen to the ancient cannon that fires at noon every day before taking a 100 year old funicular back to the center of Zagreb.
- Head into the underground tunnels built in World War II.
- Head to the Bloody Bridge and Dolac, a wonderfully local indoor market.
- After some free time, it's back out to Zagreb as night falls for another walking tour. This city comes alive at night and you'll see a different side to it with our 'Dark Zagreb' night tour.
- Meet your guide and follow him into a hidden basement where you'll be introduced to Zagreb's dark past.
- The tour follows a personal story of four historical people that took part in gruesome events that happened in the streets of Zagreb.
- The route covers the exact locations of many gruesome historical events and you'll get to learn all about them before heading back to your Zagreb hotel.
Day 3 - Plitvice Lakes National Park
- A magical day awaits you at the Plitvice Lakes National Park.
- Meet your local expert guide and travel a couple of hours out to the lake, a UNESCO world heritage site, and the oldest national park in Southeast Europe.
- See the stunning lakes both by foot and with a short boat ride.
- Marvel at the sheer volume of flora and fauna that call these lakes home.
- After lunch in a traditional restaurant, you'll also be treated to a trip to the Old Rastoke Mill and the Open Homeland War Museum; both must-see sights when around Plitvice.
- Travel back to your hotel for a free evening in Zagreb.
Day 4 - Free Day
- Today is yours to do with as you please. Why not visit one of Europe's largest cemeteries, Mirogoj. Set just a 5-minute drive north from the old town, this cemetery is almost like an outdoor art museum, housing some of Croatia's most famous artists, politicians, and sports players. The graves spread for what looks like miles and are an absolutely amazing place to lose yourself for a few hours.
Day 5 - Istria - Pula, Rovinj & Porec
- Day 5 will see you head out of town towards the majestic Istrian coast.
- You'll be picked up from a centralized location and along with your expert guide, will head out towards Pula.
- This is an incredibly historic town and you'll get to learn all about it on a 3 hour guided tour. See the famous amphitheater, the gate, and the Temple of Augustus.
- Head to Rovinj on the Istrian coast where you'll wander through the medieval streets, visiting the famous church of St. Euphemia that dominates the town's skyline.
- Enjoy some free time before heading back to Zagreb for some well-earned rest at your hotel.
Day 6 - Free Day in Zagreb
- Day 6 gives you some more free time in wonderful Zagreb. This could be a perfect day to discover the green spaces of the city, starting with the Lenuci horseshoe in the middle of town. This green space is home to some of the most impressive buildings in Zagreb and includes a gorgeous botanical garden at the bottom of the horseshoe.
- Alternatively, you could head to Maksimir Park in the east of the city, complete with a zoo, beautiful lakes home to many terrapins, and winding forest trails.
Day 7 - Departure
- Day 7 is reserved for your independent departure from Zagreb, complete with memories from this once-in-a-lifetime Croatian adventure!
If you have any questions about our 7 Day Secrets of Zagreb & Istrian Coast Tour Package, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
13 Day Secrets of Croatia Tour PackageCroatia | 13 days package From $1,579 Per Person
6 Day Split, Dubrovnik & Plitvice Lakes Tour PackageCroatia | 6 days package From $552 Per Person
Dubrovnik & Kotor 6 Day Tour PackageCroatia | 6 days package From $519 Per Person
Dubrovnik, Mostar & Kravice 5 Day Tour PackageCroatia | 5 days package From $440 Per Person
Insider Zadar City TourCroatia | 2 hours tour From $40 Per Person
Insider Zagreb City TourCroatia | 2 hours tour From $40 Per Person
Zagreb Food TourCroatia | 4 hours tour From $65 Per Person
Private Bike Trip at the Dubrovnik RivieraCroatia | 5 hours tour From $115 Per Person
Bike and Wine Tasting Private Tour from DubrovnikCroatia | 5 hours tour From $75 Per Person
Montenegro Private Tour from DubrovnikCroatia | 8 hours tour From $422 Per Person