7 Day Secrets of Oaxaca Tour Package Highlights
01Enjoy some quiet time on the secluded beach of La Barra
02Stay at a hotel you choose yourself from our curated collection
03Taste the local coffee and mezcal in Huatulco City
04Go birdwatching on Manialtepec Island, one of the country's best spots
05Savor a stunning sunset over the bioluminescent ocean
06Take tantalizing tours and exciting experiences with local experts
Why we chose this tourOur 7 Day Secrets of Oaxaca Tour Package takes you to wonders both natural and manmade in Huatulco, Lagunas de las Negras, Zaplite, Mazunte, Ventanilla, Puerto Angel, and Manialtepec for a perfectly planned tour that hits all of the local highlights from a cacao tasting tour to an evening swim in glowing bioluminescent waters. Forget the stress of planning and let us handle your adventure for you so that all you have to do is enjoy your hikes, soak up some sun on the beach, and revel in the peaceful beauty of Oaxaca. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-craft each tour package which we offer
- Each tour and experience is led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Choose the hotels you stay at from our curated selection
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
7 Day Secrets of Oaxaca Tour Package Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Puerto Escondido
- Make your way to Puerto Escondido and check into your hotel to drop your bags before you begin exploring, or take the day to rest up for your upcoming adventures.
- Overnight in Puerto Escondido.
Day 2 - Bioluminescence Lagoon Boat Tour
- Take the evening to see a magical phenomenon that's sure to dazzle with its unique beauty on this bioluminescent lagoon tour.
- Leave Puerto Escondido and make your way to the ethereal Laguna de las Negras in Mixtepec, gliding through the glimmering waters.
- As the sun sinks below the horizon and the waxing moon begins to rise, you'll see this colorful natural show begin on the surface of the water.
- For an extra special experience, we highly recommend hopping in the warm lagoon for a swim in the glowing waters under the night sky.
- Learn more about this phenomenon and the area from your expert local guide as you cruise along, and enjoy a surprise on your return journey before heading back to your hotel.
- Overnight in Puerto Escondido.
Day 3 - Ventanilla, Mazunte, Zipolite & Puerto Angel
- Head out of Puerto Escondido to discover hidden gems just outside the city limits, starting in Ventanilla, a quaint traditional village where you'll board a panga boat for a water tour.
- Enjoy passing beneath canopies of towering trees and flowering hibiscus as you row to a nearby island for a closer look at the wildlife.
- Stop at a conservation center to feed some of the rescued animals, including iguanas, monkeys, white-tailed deer, and an array of birds.
- Continue to Mazunte for a private tasting tour of regional delicacies like mezcal, locally grown coffee, cacao, and honey.
- Head to the Beach of Love in Zipolite to soak up some rays and relax, or snorkel the reefs of Estacahuite Bay's crystalline waters.
- End the day at Playa Panteon in Puerto Angel, where you'll have free time to eat lunch at a local restaurant or take a final dip before returning to your hotel.
- Overnight in Puerto Escondido (Mezcal and coffee tasting included).
Day 4 - Free Day
- On your free day, head to Playa Zicatela to surf, enjoy some freshly caught fish at Costeñito Cevichería or relax with a massage at one of the many parlors in town before joining our Chacahua National Park Sunset tour.
- Overnight in Puerto Escondido.
Optional Add-onsOptional: Chacahua National Park Sunset Experience from Puerto Escondido
Day 5 - Pacific Coast Sunset & Bonfire Experience
- Make your way to the seaside village of Las Negras to board a shady panga boat and cruise over to the crystalline lagoon of Manialtepec.
- Ride through the startling twists of a mangrove labyrinth surrounding La Isla del Gallo, one of the country's most incredible sites for birdwatching.
- You'll learn more about the native birds that roost here and have a chance to get up close to some of the island's more exotic plants.
- Disembark at La Barra beach, a secluded stretch of sandy paradise surrounded by lush forests, and watch the sunlight the sky with a crimson glow as it sets on the Pacific.
- Enjoy roasting some marshmallows over a roaring bonfire and learn about the constellations above from your local guide.
- On your boat ride back, take the chance to swim in some bioluminescent waters again, and return to your hotel after the tour.
- Overnight in Puerto Escondido (Marshmallows over the bonfire included).
Day 6 - Huatulco
- Travel to nearby Huatulco for a day of adventures in the misty highlands of Mexico and this unique agricultural village that's a new travel hotspot.
- See how coffee is grown in this climate, whose warm weather and perfect conditions make for some of the highest quality beans.
- Walk the city streets with a local expert guide, and learn how the city has grown and developed over the years as you make your way to your first tasting.
- Dive into the culture of coffee, and enjoy a few different brews that each have a unique flavor profile before tasting another local treat: mezcal.
- Reminiscent of a smokier version of tequila, mezcal is a special liquor that's sure to warm you from head to toe and prepare you for your delicious lunch.
- Savor a traditional regional meal before you return to your hotel in Puerto Escondido for a much-needed nap.
- Overnight in Puerto Escondido (Mezcal, coffee tasting, and lunch included).
Day 7 - Departure
- On your final day with us, we wish you safe travels wherever your journey takes you next!
NB - all timings on 7 Day Secrets of Oaxaca Tour Package are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our 7 Day Secrets of Oaxaca Tour Package, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
All touring and accomodation
All meals and tastings as mentioned above
Ventanilla: Snorkel Experience and Boat Tour
Huatulco: Snorkel Experience and Boat Tour
Pacific Coast Sunset Tour: Lagoon Boat Trip, Bird watching
Anything not mentioned above
Personal travel insurance
Each day will be led by an local guide to provide an enhanced experience along Tourist Journey's values.
You can choose your hotel from our hand-picked selection during the booking process.
The order of the days might change because we optimize the itinerary to provide the best experience.
Related Tours and Experiences
Private Cooking Class in MéridaMexico | 6 hour tour From $29 Per Person
Private Teotihuacan Insider City TourMexico | 9 hour tour From $39 Per Person
Private Mexico City Street Food TourMexico | 5 hour tour From $29 Per Person
Private Hidden Mexico City TourMexico | 7 hour tour From $29 Per Person
Vallarta Tequila & Taco Tasting TourMexico | 4 hour tour From $85 Per Person
Vallarta Taco & Street Food Tasting TourMexico | 3 hour tour From $59 Per Person
Vallarta Bike & Food Tasting TourMexico | 3.5 hour tour From $60 Per Person
Vallarta Downtown Food TourMexico | 3.5 hour tour From $55 Per Person
Jungle Mountain Bike & Adventure Private Tour from TulumMexico | 7 hour tour From $130 Per Person
Jorullo Bridge ATV Experience from Puerto VallartaMexico | 3 hour tour From $119 Per Person