7 Day Alternative Athens, Saronic Islands & Epidaurus Tour Package Highlights
01See a different side to Athens with a street walking tour and e-bike tour
02Watch the sun set over the incredible Temple of Poseidon and Cape Sounio
03Visit 3 different local islands, each famous for something different and filled with character and flair
04Spend a day in Greece's old capital, the stunning Port city of Nafplio, followed by a tour around the ancient medical site of Epidaurus
05Choose your hotel from our hand-picked selection of excellent central locations
06Each experience is led by a different insider, hand picked for their knowledge and enthusiasm
Why we chose this tourOur 7 Day Alternative Athens, Saronic Islands & Epidaurus Tour Package is a must-have adventure for anyone interested in Greek history, mythology, and culture. On this 7 day extravaganza, you'll get to know the city of Athens rather well, thanks to an e-bike tour of all the biggest sights and an alternative street art adventure. Head out on a cruise to 3 history-filled islands, each with its own character and flair. Take a trip to the old port city of Nafplio and the epicenter of modern Western medicine, Epidaurus. And spend a spectacular evening watching the sunset over Cape Sounio and the temple of Poseidon. Our 7 Day Alternative Athens, Saronic Islands & Epidaurus Tour Package leaves with guaranteed departures.
Our 7 Day Alternative Athens, Saronic Islands & Epidaurus Tour Package has it all. Sunsets over stunning ancient ruins that were featured in Homer’s Odyssey. A cruise to 3 different, very special islands. Trips out to ancient cities and sites. And a couple of experiences in Athens that will show a very different side to the city than most tourists get to see.
Our experience packages are special because of their personalized nature. You’ll get to choose your own Athens-based hotel from a curated selection of excellent choices, all of which are guaranteed to enhance your holiday. You also get one of our hand-picked guides on each day or experience, to ensure that you get the very most out of your time in Greece. We like to spoil you, after all!
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy Cancelation
7 Day Alternative Athens, Saronic Islands & Epidaurus Tour Package Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Athens
- Day one is reserved for your independent arrival in Athens. Check into your hand-picked hotel and enjoy some free time exploring the delightful city of Athens.
Day 2 - Myths and Gods of Athens & Sunset Cape Sounio Tour
- Spend the day exploring Athens or its nearby towns before getting picked up in a luxury air-conditioned bus.
- You'll meet your enthusiastic local guide and a small group of like-minded travelers before leaving the city and heading towards the Athenian Riviera.
- Arrive at the Cape Sounio just before sunset and explore the temple of Poseidon.
- Learn all about the local lore about Poseidon, its myths, and gods and see for yourself why Homer included it in the Odyssey.
- Watch the sun sink over the ocean from the ruins of this marvelous temple, whilst sipping a glass of local wine. An incredible way to be introduced to Greek history.
- Head back to Athens for an evening of rest and relaxation.
Day 3 - Athens Street Art Tour
- Get to know the alternative side to Athens with a street art tour.
- You'll meet your friendly local expert who will take you and a small group around the eclectic neighborhoods of Gazi, Psiri, and Metaxourgio.
- Your guide will be a fountain of knowledge on each piece of street art they take you to. All pieces will be moving, individual, and expressive.
- You'll get a real feel for modern Athens with its explosive art scene and culture.
- This is a chance to explore Athens on a whole other level, really diving into what matters to its residents.
- Return to your hotel for an afternoon of free time.
Day 4 - Athens E-Bike Tour
- Get a different view of Athens today from your very own e-bike! This is a fantastic way to see the city, with expansive views wherever you go.
- Your local expert will meet you along with a small group and off you'll go! See some of the biggest sights in Athens from Acropolis to Aeropagus and the ancient Odeon of Herodes Atticus, an ancient theater from 161 A.D.
- Take a stop at the Parliament where you'll see the ceremonial guards and Presidential mansion.
- Cool off with a refreshing ride through the lush National Gardens and the staggering Panathenaic Stadium before heading back to a centralized location. A perfect way to see the best that Athens has to offer.
Day 5 - Nafplio & Epidaurus
- Meet your tour guide for the day and a small group and head out of Athens towards the breathtaking Port of Nafplio and the renowned ancient site of Epidaurus.
- Start at Nafplio, with a cup of Greek coffee. Climb the 999 steps to the top of the Castle of Palamidi and marvel at the bright blue sea below you.
- Head around the cobbled streets of Greece's first capital city, listening to your tour guide weave tales of ancient times.
- There is an optional boat ride across the gulf to a small island.
- Spend some free time in any number of traditional tavernas before heading over to Epidaurus.
- This place is famous for its ancient theater productions and the theater itself is thought to have some of the best acoustics in the world.
- This spot is also considered to be the epicenter of modern Western medical science.
- Head back to Athens with some rest and refreshment on the bus home.
Day 6 - Aegina, Poros & Hydra Cruise
- Head out of Athens towards the beautiful Saronic Islands. Meet your guide at a centralized location then head out towards the coast where you'll jump on board a cruise.
- Visit 3 islands, Poros, Hydra, and Aegina, each of them charming in their own, unique way. Poros has a historic clock tower, Hydra has the Saronic Pirates shelter and Aegina has the Temple of Aphaia (take a tour of this for an additional charge).
- During your ride back to Athens, you'll be treated to a traditional Greek buffet lunch and folklore show.
Day 7 - Departure
- Day 7 is reserved for your independent departure from Athens. Wherever you head to next, we hope your journey continues to be as fantastic as the previous 7 days!
If you have any questions about our 7 Day Alternative Athens, Saronic Islands & Epidaurus Tour Package, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
9 Day Secrets of Ancient Greece Tour PackageGreece | 9 days package From $950 Per Person
Santorini Wine Roads Sunset TourGreece | 5 hours tour From $189 Per Person
Craft Beer & Spirits Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4 hours tour From $119 Per Person
Greek Food & Wine Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 5 hours tour From $209 Per Person
Santorini Insider TourGreece | 5 hours tour From $189 Per Person
Santorini Cooking Class & Tasting ExperienceGreece | 5 hours tour From $215 Per Person
Nemea Winery & Vineyard Private Tour from AthensGreece | 10 hours tour From $229 Per Person
Nemea & Nafplio Wine and History Private Tour from AthensGreece | 10 hours tour From $179 Per Person
Evia Wine Private Tour & Spa ExperienceGreece | 7 hours tour From $195 Per Person
Athens Wine Lover’s Private Tour & Wine MuseumGreece | 6 hours tour From $169 Per Person