6 Day Classic Greece Self- Driving Adventure Package Tour Highlights
1Uncover the historical beauty of Mycenae, Epidaurus, Olympia, and Delphi
2Experience the authenticity of Greece by kayaking past historic fortresses and a stay in a charming hotel
3See the surprises hidden at some of Greece's most important classical sites
4Visit the Meteora monasteries and Prodromos over Lousios Gorge
Why we chose this tourOur 6 Day Classic Greece Self- Driving Adventure Package Tour takes the hassle out of planning your own trip through Greece while giving you the freedom to drive on your own. You'll discover ancient mysteries, cinematic landscapes, and a completely new and authentic side of the country on your self-driving tour. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
6 Day Classic Greece Self- Driving Adventure Package Tour Itinerary
Day 1 - Athens to Nafplio
- Your multi-day independent exploration of Greece's hidden beauty and buried history begins in Athens, and we recommend leaving around 8 or 9 am for the best experience.
- You'll stop at the Corinth Canal first, and learn about the historical and strategic importance of the 6 kilometer waterway that connects the Ionian and Aegean seas, with an optional stop on the way in Agiorgitiko to discover one of the region's most famous wineries.
- Continue to Nafplio, widely considered the prettiest town in Greece, and explore its history as a key port city and the country's first capital after Greece declared independence.
- Take some time to stroll the winding streets and alleys, or climb the 1,000 steps to the top of the Palmidi Fort for cinematic and panoramic views across the entire region.
- Overnight in Nafplio.
Day 2 - Mycenae, Epidaurus & Nafplio Sea Kayak Tour
- Your second day starts with trips to Mycenae, a key part of Homer's works, and Epidaurus, famous for its ancient shrine.
- Enter the Mycenean Citadel through the towering Lion's Gate to explore the remnants that dot the area, including the huge Cyclopean walls and buildings that date from 1350-1200 BCE.
- Outside of the walls, don't miss the Tombs of Lions, Aegisthus and Clytemnestra, and the Treasury of Atrius.
- Continue to the 3rd century theater of Epidaurus, one of the most well-preserved and impressive classical Greek structures in the world, famous for its incredible acoustics.
- The entire site was built to honor Asklepios, the God of Medicine, and the shrine to him is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- After jumping into the past, hop into a kayak in Nafplio, passing by the fort of Bourtzi that has stood since 1473, and going under the Old Town's first line cannons on your way to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Palamidi Fortress and past the Akronauplia Fortress.
- Overnight in Nafplio.
Day 3 - Lousios Gorge Trekking Tour
- Rise early in the morning to explore a more authentic and untouched side of Greece in the heart of the Peloponnese mountains.
- You'll pass traditional villages including Dimitsana, Stenitsa, and Karytaina along the way to the awe-inspiring Lousios Gorge.
- Hike through the rugged and winding trails of the gorge along the rushing river through the lush vegetation, crossing over the river to see the famous hanging monasteries.
- These monasteries sit perched on the cliffs above it all, next to the archaeological site of Gortys, an ancient Minoan city, that you'll also have the chance to explore.
- Savor a local picnic lunch on the cliffs before continuing to Olympia.
- Overnight in Olympia.
Day 4 - Guided tour of Olympia
- Your day in Olympia, one of the most iconic, large, and beautiful sites in all of Greece begins with a walk with your guide through the valley of olive and plane trees on your way to the ancient ruins that are scattered across the region.
- Pass under the remaining frame of the staggering temple columns, and marvel at the Sanctuary of the Olympian Zeus and the extensive museum.
- You'll have a fully guided comprehensive tour in conjunction with free time to soak up the ambiance and history of this incredible place.
- To wrap up your afternoon, drive towards Patra over the impressive bridge that connects to Western Greece via the Little Dardanelles.
- Pass through the delicately picturesque town of Nafpaktos along the stunning coastal road on your way to Delphi.
- Overnight in Delphi.
Day 5 - Historic & Hiking Tour of Delphi
- Today you'll plunge into the fascinating history and spiritual mysteries that surround the ancient temples of Delphi.
- Hike the ancient footpath to the top of Mount Parnassos through the dense forests on your way to Delphi, the same route as Pan's worshippers in the past.
- Begin at the Livadi Plateau, making your way to the sanctuary overlooking the verdant valley below and the sparkling Corinthian Gulf fringed by the Peloponnese mountains.
- Stop at a traditional barn for a local picnic lunch before diving into the past.
- Once you've reached Delphi, explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site with a local guide to tell you all the stories and secrets of this fascinating monument.
- You'll discover the Treasury of the Athenians, the Temple of Apollo, and the comprehensive museum that houses treasures like the Bronze Charioteer and images of Aghias.
- Hop back in the car to pass through the sweeping Thessalic plain to Kalambaka, the small village nestled at the foothills of the Meteora Monasteries and their towering mountains.
- Overnight in Meteora.
Day 6 - Meteora Hiking Tour
- Your last day finishes with one of the most spectacular sights in all of Greece, the ethereal and spiritual area of Meteora.
- The towering rocks of the area rise up to 300 meters above the ground where the raging Peneus River emerges from the deep canyons of the Pindos Range.
- The rugged green mountains rise from the misty floor below, seemingly suspended between the sky and earth.
- Trek the paths of western Meteora, following the same paths of ancient monks up the craggy hills to the monasteries carved into the very stones themselves.
- You'll discover the singular beauty of the Megalo Meteoron, Agios Stefanos, and Meteora monasteries before the tour ends.
- You can choose to extend your stay in Meteora or return to Athens to explore the rest of Greece.
If you have any questions about our 6 Day Classic Greece Self- Driving Adventure Package Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Book 6 Day Classic Greece Self- Driving Adventure Package Tour as a private tour, and customize the itinerary and locations for yourself, your family or a small group.