7 Day Athens, Delphi, Meteora & Aegina Off the Beaten Track Tour Package Highlights
01If you love to go off the beaten track and getting your blood pumping, you'll love this package
02Experience the off-the-beaten-path charms of Aegina with an expert local archaeologist-guide
03Kayak your way around the Athenian Riviera, stopping at pristine sandy beaches as you go
04Each experience will be led by a different handpicked insider expert
05Choose your own accommodation from our curated selection of exceptional Athens based hotels
06Take a train to the UNESCO world heritage site of Meteroa, visiting monasteries and hermit caves
07Get under the skin of Athens with an e-bike tour
Why we chose this tourOur semi-private 7 Day Athens, Delphi, Meteora & Aegina Off the Beaten Track Tour Package is perfect for those who want to explore beyond the city's big sights. Spend some time getting to know the real Athens with an e-bike tour through back streets and hidden gems. Hike to the famous archaeological site of Delphi, marveling at the gorgeous views as you go. Explore the ancient Kolona, enjoy local pistachio treats, soak in the artistic vibe, and relax on virgin beaches on the beautiful islands of Aegina and Agkistri. Hop on a train to Meteora, a UNESCO world heritage site filled with monasteries and hermit caves. And kayak your way around the Athenian Riviera, stopping for lunch as you go. Our 7 Day Athens, Delphi, Meteora & Aegina Off the Beaten Track Tour Package leaves with guaranteed departures.
Our 7 Day Athens, Delphi, Meteora & Aegina Off the Beaten Track Tour Package is perfect for those who want an active, informative holiday filled with memorable experiences. This is a semi-private package which means some of the experiences will be just you and a guide, and some you’ll share with other like-minded travelers. We always limit the number of people allowed on any of our experiences, so even when you’re with a group, you can rest assured that the experience will still be as personal as possible. Speaking of personal, you will also be able to book your own hotel from our curated list of excellent choices, to ensure it perfectly suits what you want from your holiday accommodation. A perfect Greek adventure awaits!
- We hand-craft each tour package which we offer
- Each tour and experience is led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Choose the hotels you stay at from our curated selection
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
7 Day Athens, Delphi, Meteora & Aegina Off the Beaten Track Tour Package Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Athens
- Day one is reserved for your independent arrival in Athens. Check into your handpicked hotel and explore the city for yourself for an evening.
Day 2 - Athens E-Bike Tour (Shared Group Tour)
- Get under the skin of Athens with our e-bike tour. Meet your friendly local guide and a group of like-minded holidaymakers and jump on a motorized e-bike.
- Take 3 hours to leisurely glide through Athens, passing hidden gems through unexplored routes.
- You'll also take in some of the most important - and ancient - sites in Athens including the hill of the Nymphs and a 161 AD theater, the Odeon of Herodes Atticus.
- Other sights include Dionysiou Aeropagitou, Athens' most popular walkway, the theater of Dionysius, the temple of Zeus, and Hadrian's arch.
- Watch the ceremonial guards for the tomb of the unknown soldier at the Parliament.
- Jauntily ride through the lush National gardens.
- Your guide will be with you every step of the way, weaving tales of ancient and modern Athens. A perfect way to start your holiday.
Day 3 - Delphi History and Hiking Tour (Private Tour)
- Get picked up from your hotel in Athens for a private tour of Delphi.
- Meet your local guide and drive to just outside Athens where you'll start your day with a 3-hour hike up an ancient footpath, passing through fertile fir forests.
- Stop along the way for a picnic with delicious local dishes, admiring the beautiful views around you.
- Continue to the famous archaeological site of Delphi, where a professional guide will show you around the ruins and museum.
- Continue to the village of Arachova, which is famous for its agriculture including feta, olive oil, and other cheeses, as well as woolen textiles.
- Enjoy some free time in Arachova, perhaps indulging in something to eat before heading back to your Athens hotel.
Day 4 - Aegina (Group Tour)
- Meet your guide at a centralized location in Athens and hop on a ferry for Aegina island
- Let your expert archaeologist-guide lead you through Kolona and teach you all about this ancient Greek relic, revealing its fascinating significance to the area's residents thousands of years ago
- Enjoy a delightful tasting of fine local pistachios and delicacies made with them
- Learn about Aegina's history as a haven for creatives while strolling through its picturesque alleyways and passing by homes of famous Greek artists
- Then hop on a water taxi to Agkistri, a beautifully lush island with a lovely secluded beach, where you'll have time to relax. Top off the experience with a delicious meal of traditional Greek dishes at a local taverna while looking out across the harbor
- After this day of beautiful island adventures, board the ferry back to Athens
- Return to your hotel in Athens
- Overnight in Athens
Day 5 - Meteora by Train (Shared Group Tour)
- Explore the stunning UNESCO world heritage of Meteora.
- Hop on the train at Athens and meet your guide at Kalabaka train station.
- Enjoy an in-depth tour of the Meteora site, learning about its history, the traditions, and the life of the monks who still live there today.
- Enter 3 of the monasteries, as well as enjoying the breathtaking views that are seemingly around every corner.
- You'll also have a chance to visit the hermit caves of Badovas, before returning by train to Athens.
Day 6 - Sea Kayak Tour to Cape Sounio (Shared Group Tour)
- Spend a day on the Mediterranean coast with a sea kayaking tour.
- We'll pick you up from your hotel in Athens, then you can enjoy a scenic drive on the way to Cape Sounio.
- After a short safety briefing from your guide, you'll jump in a sea kayak and paddle through the crystalline waters, passing hidden caves, impressive cliffs, and the Athenian Riviera.
- Stop along the way at the secluded island of Archi, where you'll have time for a small snack and a swim.
- Continue to the Temple of Poseidon before heading to shore, ending the day with a traditional meal at a local taverna, before heading back to Athens.
Day 7 - Departure
- Day 7 is reserved for your independent departure from Athens, filled with knowledge and memorable experiences.
If you have any questions about our 7 Day Athens, Delphi, Meteora & Aegina Off the Beaten Track Tour Package, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
Mykonos Private Shore ExcursionGreece | 5 hour tour From $550 Per Group
Mykonos Small Group TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $105 Per Person
Mykonos Private Jeep TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $499 Per Group
Mykonos Private Guided TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $530 Per Group
Achilleion, Kanoni & Corfu Town Private TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $719 Per Group
Paleokastritsa Monastery, Kanoni & Corfu Town TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $689 Per Group
Santorini Wine Roads Sunset TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $179 Per Person
Craft Beer & Spirits Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4 hour tour From $149 Per Person
Greek Food & Wine Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $199 Per Person
Santorini Insider TourGreece | 5 hour tour From $179 Per Person